1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Mediah PvE Level Recommendation Guide

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by YavgN, Aug 17, 2017.

1. YavgN

With the latest of BDO patch, the level recommendation has been changed to AP recommendation in Mediah.
    I'm a little concerned for newer players. They may think because the game recommends this AP, they can totally grind there. This is not the case, your "strength" as a character is based off your level.

For e.g if I gave my gear to a level 10 character and now has 150 AP which is more than the recommended but I go to helms I will get my ass kicked. It is a bit of a lie due to the fact you will never know when the right time to travel to Mediah is (its 50 btw).

So here is the level recommendation guide:

Abandoned Iron Mine: 50 - 51
    Helms: 51 - 53
    Manes: 51 - 53
    Wandering Rouges: 51 - 53
    Elric Shrine: 54 - 55
    Sausans: 55 - 56
    Shultz: 57 - 58? (Hard so go with group and/or high AP)

2. Spartakatz

that 2 level range isn't even enough for half a daily buff, lousy "recommendation". you can grind those all those places perfectly fine to 56, and nobody needs sausans, it's absolutely the worst.

3. LeWaffles

Uh. What do you mean nobody needs sausans, its absolutely the worst?

Clarification please.

4. Spartakatz

It's like you want to traing swimming, everyone recommends this perfectly located open air bath with nice swimming lanes, much better than other stuff.

But the reality is:

[​IMG]

At this point, that location is simply worse than anything else that would be in theory better, if you would assume you're the only one there. But you aren't.

5. LeWaffles

So youre saying that because of the crowding, the otherwise optimal spot is now not optimal?
    I can accept that.

6. Spartakatz

Yep, of course it's part of being good or bad.

Same e.g. with selling stuff on market - you need to take the demand into account and what others sell. Some guys in forum like to stay completely theoretical, e.g. being able to buy millions of logs from market etc, which has nothing to do with reality anymore.

If there are a dozen people at every sausan spot every day, it's a **** place, period.

7. Spartakatz

Maybe it's easier with numbers:

Scenario 1, solo player: On a spot there are 100 mobs with 100 HP and 100 XP each. A solo player can kill them all just in time to respawn in 5 minutes. He gets 10.000 XP for that in those 5 minutes.
    Scenario 1, 2 players: Because one player is already enough, the 2nd player is idle most of the time. 2 players kill all the mobs in the same time (because have to wait for 5 minute respawn). They get 20% more XP, but it's divided by 2, so they get only 60% -> worse

Scenario 2, solo player: Double HP and double XP: 100 mobs, 200 HP, 200 XP each. A solo player can't 1shot anymore, he needs 2 hits, so he can only kill half of the mobs in those 5 minutes. With double XP, the total amount of XP remains the same.
    Scenario2, 2 players: there is enough stuff to hit for 2 players. They can kill together all the mobs and get 24000 XP in total, that's 12000 for each -> it's BETTER

Scenario 2 is what everyone wants. Same XP for solo players, but reward for group play. It's not that hard to understand.

8. GM Haliaeetus

Game Master

Hey YavgN, thanks for the feedback. While we do currently have the mob color indications for level difference, including the level recommendation alongside the AP one is a good suggestion, I'll definitely pass that on. I would also like to thank you for sharing the required levels with our new players. <3

Thanks for sharing this with us too Spartakatz, I'll definitely pass this on as well. We are always reviewing the balance between grinding areas and we greatly appreciate the feedback from our community.

9. LeWaffles

Some more feedback from 99% of the community:

Please buff Valencia Lootrate and EXP. In the Dev Diary the answer was that we just aren't geared enough, and this is incorrect.

Thank you!

YavgN likes this.