1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Megathread] Client Authentication Issue

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Nov 13, 2018.

1. GM Horizon

Project Manager

JustSomeGuy and White like this.
  2. zubas

miss many nice events because from weeks I can not start the game, certainly not only I have this problem, do something in the end

3. GigiMarga

Maybe important … today I noticed a change of ip from my internet provider.Hello,

For a couple of days now i'm unable to log in to launcher and play the game, i have submitted 3 tickets, on the firs one i'm told that is not a problem and i just have to send my IP to unblock or make an exception ...

Here is the described issue:

Restricted from accessing our service
    this is an exact copy of my description on first ticket.

Hello,
    Since a couple of hours ago i'm unable to access the game, at log in I get this long message that says Your country is restricted from accessing our service. and I gives me an link that I can see partially, a reference to an article (205606032) article that I can not find please see the attachment.

Also … I played and play from beginning (2 years) only from same location: ROMANIA country located in EUROPE, country supported by your service.

Maybe important … today I noticed a change of ip from my internet provider.

Please help, Thanks!

$97AF4E426C3B483.jpg

this is the reply from a GM (GM Kaioken)

Hey Hero.

GM Kaioken here to help you with your ticket.

There are many reasons that could cause such a problem, however the most common of these by far, is related to your IP being automatically blocked by our system, which is often caused by an Internet Service Provider (ISP) rotating their IPs and confusing our system. Don't worry, we have developed our own workaround and you won't need to contact your ISP, instead let's troubleshoot through the issue and look for an easier fix for you.

Before we can begin our investigation and task a team of technicians to get to work on your account, we firstly need you to submit your IP to us. In order to do that, please visit www.whatismyip.com. This will present you with a similar screen to the one pictured below, only with the highlighted sections having information that we can then feed into our server allowing you to gain access to the game.

[​IMG]
    Please submit either a similar screenshot as the one above, or simply send us the IP detailed under "Your IP Address Is:"

Once we have this, we will get to work! In the meantime, I will mark this ticket as pending for you and take this opportunity to thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

We hope to get you back in game soon!

GM Kaioken
    English Game Master

Our knowledge base is regularly updated and contains a lot of useful articles.
    They can help to answer many common questions and save you from having to wait on a response from a Game Master.
    Check out des teeth! [​IMG] ... I mean links!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

In order to add an extra layer of security to your account, we advise all of our players to activate 2 Step Verification.

I have send my IP and since then nothing, nobody seem to give a dam, not even to live a reply saying (hey moran, this is going to take a while, 1,2,3,4,5 days or something like that) so i'm really out of options here, i created 2 more tickets referring to this issue that nobody touched ..

so what can i do beside give up the game and move on ... ?

PS.

as a workaround i have a connection to a VPN that i used and the game works but i don't want to use that ...

4. GigiMarga

Hi,
    Never mind about my previous post, looks like GM Kaioken came thru in the end.

5. MRBJ1978

Hello,

To whom it may concern... Which apparently is not this games company since this problem has been going on for YEARS according to the results you search the web for help on the issue! I've seen that tons of players have the same problem but you still can't manage to fix it. I downloaded the game a few days ago, no problems at all. Played for that day and then had to get off for the maintenance ya'll were doing. After I downloaded the patch, everything went to hell! Now every time I try to play the game all I get is the fabled "launcher failed to identify version bla bla bla". I have literary spent hours out of each day over the past 4 days wasting my time trying all different types of ways to fix it but nothing will work. I have flushed DNS, cleared TCP/IP, changed DNS server to google, changed the Windows clock setting, uninstalled and reinstalled the game MULTIPLE times, I don't use a proxy, I disabled firewall and antivirus, I even restored Windows twice loosing all of my other games I play as a last straw attempt, and STILL, nothing worked! I looked online and everyone says renaming or deleting version.dat application would fix it but I don't even have that file in my BDO folder, and yes I know where I am looking and what I am doing, I have worked on computers since the early 90's. I started a ticket on this four days ago but still have yet to hear back from anyone. All other games and apps work perfectly! If ya'll really want more customers or to keep the ones you have you really should fix this problem because it is irritating as Hell to have to pay for a game that you get to play for a few hours and then spend the rest of your time wasted on trying to figure out why you cant even get on it!!! I have played other Korean based games, both Aion and Tera, for years and have never had a single problem with them ever!

This is really a lovely experience to welcome in your new players...

6. GM Kaioken

Game Master

We'll do our best to help you with your Launcher Issues, but please keep in mind that the issue you are encountering is a different issue than the one this thread is about, and the steps found here will not help with your particular issue.

We'll help you troubleshoot this particular issue via your tickets as soon as possible.

7. Evri

Hey I sent a ticket this morning about the same issue client can't authenticate my account for some reason. I changed time and files from the bin Folders but nothing helped. it happened once two days ago and i changed files and it fixed it but nothing is doing it this time.

8. Hayzan

9. Hayzan

Done i took the bin64 / 32 of my girlfriend

10. $Belle

I'm having the same issue today. Did the suggested "solutions" and uninstalled and installed the launcher, still the same!

11. Evri

I did same. installed the game twice cause after I rebooted the PC the launcher was gone and by mistake uninstalled it. but after the patch all was fine.

12. JustSomeGuy

Thx, that 2) helped (time is always automatic; but if it where not I would be really annoyed I would have to change it for someones witchhunt). If private servers are that popular/troublesome that you feel the need to add inconvenience to official server players maybe check out what makes them such and adapt some of their appeal or see where you can meet halfway. That way you can make their players your players.

As an irregular player I usually wave off and play something else when confronted with login issues and try a few days later and only then look for what was the problem as I did today. I doubt I'm the only one and I doubt its what your goal is.

13. Columba

Just started today. Playing fine, dc, boom ran into this. followed ALL of the goddamn instructions nothing is working. Placed a ticket. On vacation for a week and can't even play. Can you PLEASE post solutions that work? thanks

ps. i got booted off the game while fixing my page file setting in windows 10. not sure this affected anything. Also removed cortana from search. those were the changes I made when i got kicked from game. maybe a coincidence

#13 Columba, Dec 27, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  14. Columba

Reinstalling the game didn't help. God this game is buggy.

Tokigare likes this.
  15. Tokigare

I just patched, now I've got this issue...is this another layer of RNG perhaps? :D Lucky me <3 Anyway, did a Repair, nothing changed, my time is set to automatic, now I've just done the Manual Key update about 30mins ago, which seems to have triggered the game to do some 1.5hr check (which is taking longer than the first Repair I did prior to installing these keys......). Fun. I will admit I am annoyed as up until 4.5hrs ago my game has worked fine for the last 3mths, when I came back after quitting for 6mths. Hope this works :(

#15 Tokigare, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  16. Tokigare

I cannot login, no matter what I do. Client Authentication Failure, 10-20,30 times. It just refuses to let me load the game. Things Ive done:
    • Repair Client
    • Restarted Client
    • Made sure Windows time is synced
    [​IMG]

Which it already was, btw, so no change was required.
    • Replaced BlackDesert64.dat and Blackdesert32.dat as per instructions found here:
    https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/...-Authentication-System-Authentication-Failure
    • Repatched/Repaired again (took a lot longer this time), still fails
    • Windows 10 Pro is fully up to date (and just checked then to make sure)
    What now? Reason I am extremely pissed off right now is prior to this latest patch and for like nearly 3mths I've had zero problems. Why do I even have to troubleshoot this crap? When 6hrs ago it worked just fine? Now I submit a ticket and wait for 2 or 3 days? For what?

#16 Tokigare, Jan 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    lippmann33 likes this.
  17. Tokigare

Did you manage to get this stupid game working?

18. Columba

I did. It turns out that messing with pagefile settings in Windows 10 caused problems. I reset all page file settings to automatically managed and got it to work.

Tokigare likes this.
  19. Tokigare

Update
    @GM Kaioken got back to me, and gave me a copy of Blackdesert64.dat and the game just worked. I did nothing different, I placed it in the bin64 folder (as I had previously with the knowledge article one) and it just worked. So maybe its different from the one in the knowledge article, maybe I failed too many Client Authentications in too short a space of time, maybe I failed my RNG rolls :D Point is it's working now so much love to @GM Kaioken <3 but yea maybe file a ticket as soon as this happens so you can save yourself many hours of frustration. Hope this helps someone else by the way.

#19 Tokigare, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Columba likes this.
  20. Qw3rty

hi i am steam duer and after following ur guide problem still doesnt solve what should i do