1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Megathread] Melting costume for Valk or Cron Stones

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by mickey3333, Aug 23, 2018.

?

Do you like the possibility of getting Cron Stones by melting Perl Costumes?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2018.
  1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    10.2%
  2. No

402 vote(s)
    71.0%
  3. I don't care

106 vote(s)
    18.7%
  1. Kismet

Kismet Wizard 62 EU

2. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Why do you think more expensive will solve such issues? You just lock it more away from the playerbase if you increase the price.

Makes the game even more pointless to deal.

3. Kenwulf

Both parts are problematic. It's harder to see, but thanks to the exponential nature of bdo's enhancement system, those failstacks used at the right places can gain a very-very high value.

4. Mimimimi

as somebody who would never spend money on such ripoff tactics .. the game stays more playable for me if as little as possible players are spending money on that crap. it doesn't solve the issue, but it would mitigate it. PA is of course interested in finding the optimal pricepoint to maximize their income. i still hope it hurts.

5. Josh28

True. And/or charge back after they get bored here. But up until now, getting PEN was something balsy people did or through hard work, so the people with full PEN are like...not many at all. Veterans that never gave up on gear progression and totally deserve one-shooting all in their way, but that will change now.

The impact will be slow at first, then you are going to start seeing one of them everywhere, ruining pvp, grieving players that enjoy the game just because they are bored and unchallenged. Though they could still die, good luck with that under softcap with how naked classes are these days.

6. Srich

you just forgot that when we merged we had 36 channels instead of 12.. But i guess you are too smart to notice such stupid things like channels numbers.

7. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Pointless to swipe your card in ded game.

Sticka likes this.
  8. TeRRoRibleOne

Once you go P2W you are there forever.

9. Thranduil

Not many will, but you only need 100 of those in the same guild and game over.

Also you can spend those cron stones in Tri->TeT and we all have had that piece of armor that refuses to go to TeT, it's so convenient that with just melting 2 csotumes you can try again, and if it fails,... well it's only 2 costumes you can try again.... then at some point it's not a game but gambling addiction with real life money.

10. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I'm willing to go upto 20k for pen weapons

11. Sticka

Kakao lied to the consumer, said one thing and promised that certain elements was too p2w and would never be part of our version and there's proof of this.

Since they have chosen to ignore this and go on with it anyway, do you think there will be a new charge back fiasco now that they killed their own game with cron costumes?

I wouldn't have bought this game if I knew that they would trick me and add all that p2w after saying they wouldn't.

12. mickey3333

Dear Kakao,

I understand this is a gaming community and not professional statisticians, therefore I will keep it as simple as possible. In your "internal testing" statement, I highly doubt the reliability of approach that leads to the conclusion of "...NA/EU players were far less likely to engage in enhancement than other serviced regions. We believe the introduction of Valks’ Cry will add to our ongoing efforts to lower the hurdles of enhancement.". The sentence explicitly shows a causality between "difficulty of enhancement in EU/NA" and "Valk's Cry/Cron melting in other regions". While it is convenient to look data and project a parallel comparison, such methodology will produce a deadly Type 1 Error in statistic, which means the conclusion will reject other alternatives even though it is true.

Let's take a look at this simplified example of how a causality by parallel comparison is skewed:

You are the manager of a beach resort. In the Spring and Autumn, the number of people get bitten by sharks are far lower than that in the Summer. Because in Spring and Autumn the water temperature is cooler than in Summer, you conclude that shark are hyper-active in hot water.

Do you see the connection that Kakao has drawn based on parallel comparison? In other region, Valk Cry is present. People enhance more in other region, therefore, it must be so that Valk Cry increases enhancement attempts. But could it be other reasons? For instance, in our shark bit people example, the summer time means more tourists swimming in the ocean and hence, more bitten reports? So could it possible that water temperature is NOT the cause of shark hyper-activity? By logical deduction, you should have known by now that the alternative explanation is more sound than hyper-active shark because of hot water. So it does happen to Kakao Game's analysis of Valk Cry and enhancement: is there a significant possibility that other variable involves in enhancing, which prevents EU/NA from doing so often, beside valk cry/cron melting?

Absolutely possible.

How to carryout statistically sound analysis to fend off type I error where the negligence of data could lead to wrong conclusion is another topic. But in this case of Kakao, we as community should know the true answer: are you sure that Valk Cry is the sole reason that so significant to introduce such controversial element into the game?

As the players who experience the game every day, one giant alternatives that is not addressed is the lack of materials to enhance. Unless there is sharp/hard event or box/memory fragment, these enhancement materials are always sold out. But they will sit on market in thousand during events and everyone is happy. On the other hand, failstacking is not the difficulty. We have Djules who pushes his fs to 348 for PEN. Clicking "Enhancement" for failstack is not the challenge, getting materials to do so, and recover from getting failstack, is the true answer.

Needless to say, this bottleneck is probably intended by the developers. We have artisan memory boosted from 3x to 4x to "aid" adventures. If the enhancement materials are always abundant, the sales of such pearlshop item will come to a halt. Business wise, it is not a good idea! The question is, how would you, Kakao Games, balance the monetary incentive and community loyalty as a provider? Would you want to get an excellent reputation and shock and awe the industry like Warframe Digital's Extreme? Or would you short sell the Black Desert title and be the second ArchAge forever?

SnakeAttack, KuraiIkari and Flood like this.
  13. Thranduil

If you paid with credit card you won't get a refund, but with paypal you will.

14. BetterFisherThanMao

Reddit is down now aswell wtf

15. ghoulz666

Valks isn't going to help that one poor SOB who has 300+ FS from failed PEN attempts.

16. Bonechi

change the 2-4 to about 20-60 as the amount of cron stones you get is relevant to its marketplace price

17. Mimimimi

"Finally, as Valks' Cry and Cron Stones can be extracted from Pearl Outfits, it has become necessary to reflect its increased value in the marketplace. This is also adjusted in regards to inflation and the overall wealth of the player base. We hope this stimulates the market and gives everyone the chance to acquire pearl shop items through in-game means."

they are going to adapt the perl outfit prices, which means higher value in silver and higher cron stone outcome .. following that theory. they are of course only increasing the price for US <3 their beloved players <3

18. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

The problem is not RNG ?

You should go back to enchantement and try it again.

19. Vanadiel

Might I suggest that before you write up an analysis on this, you take into account that not every reader understands what a valks cry is?
    I am one of those, just saying.

20. ghoulz666

They really think if they remove all of this cancerous RNG that people will gear up too quickly and quit. Hell, more people are quitting because of the RNG.

They might make more money if it was easier for players to hit endgame easier and all compete with each other instead of quit in droves.

Valks cry is nothing more than a placebo effect. It doesn't increase your success chance, you're just getting more FS, which aren't the core problem.