1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Megathread] New UI issues

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by GM Cory, Oct 25, 2018.

1. GM Cory

Game Master

Greetings Adventurers

After the new UI was released with this week's maintenance we can see a lot of reports and feedback coming in about it. To keep things more organized, we have decided to create this megathread, so you can report all issues related to the new UI here.

We will also list all known issues here in the first post so everyone can find known issues as fast as possible!

Known Issues:
    • Storage UI is overlapping the buttons from the Storage Keeper
    • Promote button for workers is brighter than the "recover stamina" button
    • Amount of titles missing in "My Information" (P)
    • Worker Stamina now within the worker picture
    • UI scaling is acting weird when changing it back and forth in your settings
    • Item slots in inventory are not exactly mirrored/aligned
    • Inventory Weight UI has mis-alignment of color scheme
    • Button spacing inconsistent (challenge menu)
    • Lifeskill bar color not optimal with text colors
    • Character combat stats (P) texts cut off
    • Fence window UI border not scaled across correctly
    • Some buttons in some menus lost their icons
    • The experience bar for the Fairy is wrongly placed
    • Pre-Order & Notification Window - text overlaps with other notifications
    Fixed:
    • Storage - Max Qty (F) button too far on the right side
    • Skill Window - "RANK" is misspelled "LANK"

If there are more issues with the new UI, please feel free to report the issue here in this megathread. Thank you very much for your cooperation so we can resolve further issues as fast as possible!

#1 GM Cory, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2018
  2. Rok

Rok

While we are on the subject of UI, can we please, PLEASE remove the damn "Conversation" button that I keep wasting my energy on while trying to quickly pick default options with NPCs? Or just put it out of the way somewhere unnoticeable and unimportant?! Or at the VERY LEAST, be consistent with its location so I don't have to stop even for one or two seconds EVERY time I talk to an NPC to wonder where the button I need is?!!

The seconds add up, but what's more important is that the thinking and studying for those seconds interrupts the flow of thoughts about one's current goal.

This is really one infuriating thing for me about the game, especially because it wastes energy and slows down my speed while interacting with many NPCs for many purposes.

Here are some demonstrative screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I, for one, do NOT need this button at all. If you remove this button from the game (and give other options to gain amity for the quests that require it), my BDO gaming life will significantly improve.

#3 Rok, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  3. DoubleNothing

Where the stamina bar ends?
    Stamina bar not aligned, with glitches...
    More alignement issues.
    Text overlapping... bdowtf.png

MMoNoob likes this.
  4. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

The stamina bar is the small yellow bar under the photo of your worker. The one on the right that is the long bar is the worker progress bar. Honestly this is one of the worst changes in the whole UI, I really don't care about worker progress, I do care about stamina and how full it is. These two bars should be switched honestly. It is hard to see the Stamina now.

Other issues: Hard to tell on the Market place between the "cancel" and the "collect money". Having a different color button for cancel or red text or something would be nice.

Reiver and MoonDance17 like this.
  5. XeeLiao

Please add the Option to use the old UI, with that i really mean the UI before the HP / MP Bar rework.

Thank you.

Phoenixxx75 and Wodur like this.
  6. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

you have lot of room to the left why is pet window covering up inventor?

pet list1.jpg

MMoNoob, Phoenixxx75 and Rizzly like this.
  7. Cloudspearer

option for the old UI similar to the old HP/MP bar is something an overwhelming majority of us would like to see

similarly, dead space complaints and the aforementioned icon scaling on the gear sheet would be extremely welcome to fix

Wodur likes this.
  8. EntityZero

Few things i've noticed:
    [​IMG]

The bars on the left and the bars on the right of the alc stone window are different distances from the crests in the middle. In addition to this, if you click on the growth tab, the right most box actually moves down a pixel:

[​IMG]

Food buff's cool down overlay is off centered both vertically and horizontally:
    [​IMG]

Not sure if really a bug or not, but certain life skill levels are damn near impossible to read on the gold bar:
    [​IMG]

The weight bar is off by a pixel on the green portion:
    [​IMG]

Lastly, the centering on the repair max durability page is incredibly wrong:
    [​IMG]

Will update this post as I find more stuff. Thanks!

#9 EntityZero, Oct 25, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  9. Vanadiel

market.png Double marketplace register item buttons when using a market maid.

10. Wodur

Th
    This.

11. The Conjuration

Need old UI please.

12. Kelet

More worker issues:

I'm pretty sure I have workers with 2-3 promotions attempts available, but there is no indicator of that any more.

And about that worker stamina bar,

I need to be able to carefully judge how much stamina a worker has so that I know which recovery item to use. How can I tell the difference between 16/20 and 17/20 on that small bar? On the other hand, I don't care one bit what the progress bar says, especially since there is a time to completion message right above it. So you put the thing I can interact with on a tiny bar with no text, and a thing I can't interact with on a huge bar with redundant text.

Mouse over it to get the stamina text? Well, what's the point of the bar, then?

Pets:

It was really really nice to be able to open up pets, and bring all 4 out with a button click while in combat, in between some ranged plinking me and closing all my windows. Now the button is in a new location, and really small, and really hard to click accurately that fast. You blew up the entire UI 50% but you shrank and decolorized those buttons?

13. Vilaeson

No more filtering in processing menu? I see icon, but i can't press it

14. magret

title bar is draggable only on half of it in the cooking and alchemy windows

15. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

Filtering only works with certain weather conditions. The wrong sort of weather is probably preventing you from using it.
    It used to be greyed out when this happens but the new design does not seem to allow for that since its the same for guild crafting.

16. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

This happened this morning while doing relic shards, my inventory background stretched out the full width of my screen then when I closed and opened my inventory this is what it looked like, the backdrop only half covers it.

2018-10-27_261723226.JPG 2018-10-27_265720543.JPG

17. magret

- New knowledge info cards from the right bottom right always pop up in the background, and never take focus even if we click on them.
    Therefore we have to move or close the inventory to see them or just click on the "close" buttons.

- when i open my inventory while i fish at 100% uI scale, the equipement part overlaps the fishing minigame.
    Ctrl doesn't work to move things during the mini game.
    This issue is also worse with the pet window, and the default placement of the boat inventory

#18 magret, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  18. XeeLiao

New Week, New 500MB patch, no Old UI Option added.

Will it ever come? Just be honest please

19. Xentrumina