1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melee in Grp PvP

Discussion in 'PvP' started by smOkemon, May 18, 2018.

1. smOkemon

Hi everbody,

first of all: i'm not a big fan of the recent patches. I liked my class and the gameplay but i´m willed to learn the new mechanics and gameplay.

But atm i cant see a chance to do any skillfull gameplay if u r a frontliner and are in a grp of 3 to x people.
    Yes we got the CC changes: only first hit etc. But atm it`s like .... u go in, if u r lucky u can do 1 skill and then u r 100% cct and will die.
    Most skills on most classes with SA or FG got the problem that the SA and FG will end before the skillanimation is over so we cant protect urself.

Recent CC changes are the first step. In my opinion there need to done more.
    Resistance arent a thing atm. With warrior e buff i got 94 94 94 100 resistance and its nearly no improvment of the chance to avoid CC.

Currently i have no idea what can be done to improve that in a fair way.
    Maybe u got some ideas.

Greetings smO

2. Velentos

I am also worried about large scale. With the direction they are going they seem to favor small scale with the patches these days. Maybe theres something in the works we don't know about.

Witchard dmg nerf on multiple targets may be a good first step, but there would have to be something like that on every ability inherit in the game.

3. Kuu

Kuu

Simply put, all the changed actually favor large scale rather then small scale.

All the whining about "supposed" rng cc, an SA being skillful etc, wanted and liked the hero playstyle.

In large scale pvp, hero playstyle is the realistically the worse type.

So now, the hero play-style is over, which directly benefits large scale pvp. The CC and SA changes make it less likely for anyone being a hero to succeed against a group.

CC resist is very important in large scale because you are having a large amount of skills thrown around, on and off screen, and is there to tell you, the larger the group and the more focus their are, the more likely an a CC death will happen.

In the pre-changes, if your class didn't have a hero type of toolset aka "meta" you weren't welcomed, and you really felt like you weren't welcomed.

These changes mitigate that, if not as a nerf across the board. So basically, numbers are stronger, more efficient numbers better yet, and better use of the numbers, still yet better.

4. smOkemon

If the only things i have to do in large scale, is to be a meatshield, this isnt my game anymore.
    Cauz of inmobility u cant do anything once the engage happens.

I hope it will be not like that!

5. Kuu

Kuu

People are getting sticker shock, so they might bring some back, to get a middle ground. But the old life is going, since their direction is specifically making a u-turn of that type of gameplay.

They don't want anyone to be doing hero plays without a lot of things going right, instead of going wrong.

6. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

So you mean that small scale guilds that relied upon the skill of their members rather that zerging the hell out of the opponent are practically done for....Just get 70 people that press buttons, make sure that half of them are wiz/witches to chain PA from now till kingdom come and you are set....Sorry but I fail to see any good in this...

7. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

you basically can't do anything any more unless they give more sa/fg

8. Kuu

Kuu

You mean those shell guilds that play dynasty warrior every week on T1s, keep people from getting interested in NW, and make meme video.

My god what has the world come to when peasants can hurt you???

9. DCoVeR

yea playing at mass as melee is cancer now, be on guard and doing nothing or spam 3 SA skills and die, quality gameplay. You cannot even outplay nothing anymore, at mass its all about who have more range skills with many hits to CC everyone, pathetic.

Like they cannot give classes who couldn't rotate SA some silence skill to break SA or guard for some seconds with short range, quess it would be balanced at 1vs1/small scale and at mass pvp because of short range of this skill

For now game is boring and not skill dependent. :(

10. Hayate

Hayate Warrior 63 EU

No i mean guilds that dont rely on bodythrowing like manshas till they overcome the opposition....I m talking about people that actually know how the people in their squad play and behave and know each one of the members of their guild unlike some 80+ guilds that you name one of their members and they have to check guild roster to see if its one of their own...

11. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Ninja 61 NA

The peasants still can't cause they can't lock anyone down to hit them with their pitch forks. Cause being in a former upstart guild in nodewars our whole goal was to identify strong players and then grab and burn. You can't do that now. Now its all about having a ton of witches and wizards still spamming PA cause sure they nerfed the cool down but the way you get around that is just have more that can rotate the skill lol. However the high tier guilds can just flood the field with high GS players with a good PA rotation and just smash their heaviest hitting SA skills and the peasants die. The status quo is still the same regardless of all these patches aside from melee being aids and instead of being able to combo or chain powerful players down now you just have to one shot them before they stand back up because the exact same thing is about to happen to you.