1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melting accessories for hard/sharp shards

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Aqua Chama, May 30, 2017.

1. Aqua Chama

Yes, that's right. You can get shards from the accessories tab on the marketplace. A lot of accessories can be melted, and yield some really great loot. Here are the main six accessories you can melt for shards, plus the other stuff you can expect to get from melting them:
    • Ancient Guardian's Seal
      1-2 Sharp Black Crystal Shard, ~0.67 Pure Gold Crystal, ~10.90 Melted Gold Shard
    • Necklace of Good Deeds
      1-2 Sharp Black Crystal Shard, 2 Hard Black Crystal Shard, ~10.92 Melted Platinum Shard, 1 Polished Opal
    • Witch's Earring
      1-2 Sharp Black Crystal Shard, ~3.45 Melted Gold Shard, 1 Resplendent Ruby
    • Ancient Weapon Core
      1 Sharp Black Crystal Shard, ~0.71 Pure Gold Crystal, ~0.73 Pure Silver Crystal, ~8.58 Melted Gold Shard, ~11.10 Melted Silver Shard
    • Bensho's Necklace
      2 Hard Black Crystal Shard, ~11.83 Melted Platinum Shard, 1 Resplendent Sapphire
    • Scarla Necklace
      1 Hard Black Crystal Shard, ~1.05 Pure Platinum Crystal, 10.96 Melted Platinum Shard, 1 Resplendent Sapphire
    Here's my melting data.
    upload_2018-11-26_21-51-8.png
    Bonus is the average value of the bonus mats without taxes (non-shard stuff from melting). Hards are valued at 1.6m despite the current price being lower.

In addition to the above you can melt Ogre Ring. AFAIK it gives 2 guaranteed sharps, however I lack the sample size to confirm that. Also, you might be curious about Mark of Shadow. Don't bother, it doesn't give shards at all.

#1 Aqua Chama, May 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    Prochilles, Denthors, Rinel and 30 others like this.
  2. seanas

fantastic, I'm glad someone put the effort to put all this into one place.

Aqua Chama likes this.
  3. Smerg

Smerg Dollarbeard Warrior 58 EU

Can confirm Ogre Ring gives 2 sharps 100%, melted 99 of them after reading this post.

4. DeCiBeL

Trollolololol

5. hophop

great work :)

6. Krosa Kaine

Ugh, as much as I'm for helping the community, this was something people probably would have preferred be kept a bit under wraps. How else are we supposed to stockpile cheap/easily obtained meltable accessories during Lauren events with people posting stuff like this?

7. Anoril

Thank you very much! This is a blessing. Now i can save my energy/time for other things.
    I like how much more and more of the "elite" ingame strategies, for enhancing progress experience, are getting revealed.
    Keep up the good work!

8. Hakairo

I am curious if other accessory can give shards too but maybe with a extremely low chance?

9. Hansel123

Hansel123 Valkyrie EU

I can't say I'm too happy about you posting this, but I can't obviously be mad at you either. :P

My samples to add to your data:

81 seals -> 118 sharps (1.46 sharps/seal)
    87 witches -> 124 sharps (1.43 sharps/witch)

Mars Vinci and Aqua Chama like this.
  10. Aqua Chama

I see a lot of people complaining about spending hours upon hours trying to luck out on some shards from the market, making their playtime very unenjoyable and even leading to some people quitting. Rather than keeping this as a rich get richer kinda thing, I'd prefer to alleviate the frustrations of many.

Nothing that I'm aware of at least. I don't believe there's anything you can melt that gives less than 1 shard guaranteed.

Nice to see some more samples, even if somewhat reluctant ;p especially of the witch's which I don't like melting myself. Added it to the overview.

Krakh and nefarie like this.
  11. Aqua Chama

Updated OP with some more stats.

12. Tyriel

Tyriel Musa 61

I will post my melting results when I get home, so you can update your chart.

In case it is confusing, look at column C, E, G and H. :)

Attached Files:

#12 Tyriel, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    Aqua Chama and Soulo like this.
  13. Aqua Chama

Nothing confusing about it. Thanks for the data, added it to the OP ^^

Tyriel likes this.
  14. Aqua Chama

Updated OP with a far larger sample size

15. NoDiosMio

Thanks for the update. I knew you could melt the stuff, but it's nice to have info on exactly what I'm going to get.

16. optyk

And for those struggling with how to easily achieve the dbag title; here's an example how to do it in two sentences (something people probably would have preferred be kept a bit under wraps).

Wikked0423 likes this.
  17. Tekeii

He's not exactly wrong though, the reason we have this shortage is mostly because of people just mass storing shards and hards without selling on the marketplace.

Now people are going to start keeping these accessories and the price of these will now increase even more they are already ridiculous, Im master 9 processing or something, it doesn't help at all and still mostly get 1 shard per witch/seal just makes life more difficult for more people to progress.

The fault is mostly with Kakao and there bshit game design.

18. Itago

Itago Witch 61 EU

How many peole have the funds to mass hoarding hard/sharp/accessories to the point where it makes a diffrence?
    Its not uncommon to get 500+ hard/sharp before an enchanting session, use it all and save up for next time.
    The hard/sharp usage for PEN is a LARGE part of the total market. How many hard/sharp have you used for each TET piece (including failstacks for it), now multiply that by 5 and you have what each PEN is expected to cost in terms of hard/sharp.

I see someting like 10 PEN attempts each hour i play, each fail means they have to to TET again and that easily cost 20 hard/sharp if your lucky!

Compared to getting +15-TET (many still stop at TRI), each PEN attempt is likely to use the same number of hard/sharp

19. Tekeii

I'm aware what PEN costs, I have one.

But what you are writing is completely irrelevant. When it becomes public knowledge that accessories are easily melted for shards the price is going to increase a lot and just make the whole process more of a nightmare.

20. Itago

Itago Witch 61 EU

Most of the people with SILVER to increase the prices are already buying accessories to fund PEN, the people this is news for dont have the funds to pay 2x "market price" for every shard they need