1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory fragments and normal Blackstone perm drop buff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Soulscar, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Soulscar

Now the steam players have caught up the availability of MF's and BS's is becoming even more tragic.

Memory fragments via books has been depressing for a while now as after the 3 millionth boss rotation you feel like scooping your own eyes out with a spork and eating them to relieve the tedium. Instead of the books why not just replace the book drops with the following,

Relic shard = 1 frag drop
    Forbidden book = 1-2 frag drop
    Scrolls = 1-3 frag drops

This would be a QoL change more than anything.

Now black stones, even in bonus drop events, are not enough to stem the demand. At times it is advantageous to buy +15 stuff off the MP and suck the stones out to build failstacks because the time it takes to buy BS off the MP you could have earned the difference doing something else. These items are required by everyone at all times and 1-2 per hour average at best outside events is unrealistic. Even during BS events they are vacuumed off the market faster than speedy Gonzales being chased by Lorena Bobbitt with a box knife.

If the drop rate was buffed to the bonus rate permanently it would be at least viable to farm your own.

MightyMidgit, Lady Minuit and _kaede like this.
  2. _kaede

_kaede Valkyrie 62 EU

Upvoted.

I have to say I don't find the insufficient BS supply as much detrimental as the non-existent MF, since awakened scrolls are way more consistent in yielding BS and HS than relics, books and scrolls are with MF to begin with, let alone the chances to obtain them.

While scrolls being really expensive, relics and books on the other hand eat so much time without even letting you fully recover any given item's durability from 20 or less, unless you get very lucky.

At the very least, I wish they would just either remove bosses and/or drastically reduce their spawn time/invulnerable state.

Yes, this would lower if not completely erase the difference between scrolls and relics/books, but that's just an idea I came up with in a minute, and yes, I do realize the considerable silver value of the amount of MF you'd earn, but the current situation is a huge stalemate in gear progression so much that one wouldn't dare to sell MF/relics/books/scrolls at all, unless you're full PEN or have settled down with TET, I guess.

3. woots

4. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

Someone mentioned this in another post, but they should make the event blackstone drop rate the normal rate in valencia. It would give a needed buff to those grind spots and give people a reason to go out there.