1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merchant Ring Research Thread 2020

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Atias, Jul 7, 2020.

?

Will you be Hunting for the RMR (Rich Merchant Ring?

This poll will close on Aug 18, 2020 at 6:58 PM.
  1. Yes, Bout Time!

22.2%
  2. No, Sounds like too much work.

77.8%
  1. Atias

[​IMG]

The Revamp for the Rich Merchant Ring is on queue for NA/EU so now is a good time to post a new research thread to gather and compile information, and eventually generate the information necessary for a guide. (At least until one of the major guide makers builds one that's easier to read and more 'purty'.)

TLDR for the ring. It's a 'Treasure' that gives ~3% net income from selling items on the market. Upon obtaining the ring, you use the ring to gain the family-wide permanent buff. The ring itself is not consumed so you can still 'thank' Vell/Garmoth for dropping it/Flex it in chat.

This Post is to help understand the clues given to us so we can work together to find out how to obtain the pieces. Please PM or Comment if you have any information, spot any inaccuracies or want to share any ideas. Some sort of proof is required to 'confirm' the activity for the piece. As someone who's been hunting Treasures since Valencia Release, this gets me excited and is one of the main fillers that keep me playing in BDO. Below the 'report' is where you can find information on each piece specifically. Thanks for reading, sharing and best of luck!
    *Note the information may/can/will be changed
    based on information received.

[​IMG]

First Piece
    'Search the fingers of a specter wandering the forest of death where even spirits dare not tread.'

This has Ash Forest all over it. Though whether it's only the 300AP or the 240AP specters as well has a chance to drop the first piece is unknown.
    [​IMG]
    Someone Sent me this, Translate to dropped by Volkras [Ash Forest]

Second Piece
    'Search the soul of a boss gone berserk after being possessed by the Black Spirit.'

This screams Rift bosses, but also potentially scroll bosses.

(UPDATE:7/9/20)
    [​IMG]
    A Guildie took a screenshot of this while I was at work. so Rift Bosses do indeed Drop it. Still vigilant to find additional evidence.

Third Piece
    'Search the gracious bounty of the goddess of the Great Ocean Oquilla.'

This can probably be understood as bartering. Other ideas include unlocking treasure chests when 'something strange is going on in Oquilla's Eye' or Sea Monster Hunting.

BdoCodex has a Special Barter entry for the Ring Piece, 5B/7B worth of Gold bars needed.
    https://bdocodex.com/us/item/44271/
    *Credit of observation to User Denthors

[​IMG]
    Someone sent this to me, Translates to dropped by 'Saltwater Crocodile'

Fourth Piece
    'Search the valley filled with cries in an inaccessible and arid land' *Foote note: The Fourth Piece will be available with the O'dyllita update

My hands are in the air on this one. It can be Hunting, Killing monsters, Farming, Quest related, etc. Will have to wait to see unless someone shares better information.

Final Piece
    'A spotted pattern, currently undecipherable...'

Yay, a Mystery of summer-style clue. First thoughts is maybe something happens after you obtain the first four pieces as it's the 'final' piece and not just a 'fifth' piece. Could also be linked with the new item 'Shimmering Piece of the Old Moon' Perhaps there's a pattern you can do to create the final piece. Again, my hands are up in this one as well.

After giving some weeks to let some players from other servers put up research thread. I googled the actual KR name of the ring and came across a KR post that re-wrote the 'clues' in text so i can use the browser translator. I will link the source of it.
    [​IMG]

The only piece that's 'New' is the suggested 'Farming piece'. The Clues are also not listed in the same order that we got. For example, their 'final piece' is our 4th Ody Piece. If anyone can read Korea, can you confirm this translation from the source?

On that Note, a Spotted Pattern could suggest the Pegs you see from placing down a farm or crops. That or KR Has different drop conditions than NA/EU which i don't recall happening before so. ???

New Item: Old Moon Trade Pass
    With the revamp, we also recieve two additional items. a Shimmering Piece of the Old Moon, which is obtained via 'Various means' (My belief it's obtained at least by doing the activities that lead to the actual piece drops. This is because of their previous note 'To motivate adventurers seeking the Rich Merchant's Ring...')
    You can exchange the Shimmering Piece for an Old Moon Trade Pass, which is essentially a single use Rich Merchant Ring. You get additional silver from a single market listing whether single item or a stack of items.

Current Known Methods of Obtaining Shimmering Pieces of the Old Moon:
    Breeding Crops (Farming)
    Monster Drop

Final Notes/ FAQ
    Is this worth Grinding for?
    The ring offers a ~3% net income if the effect does increase collected silver and not the base tax. So for someone who sells a lot of items on the market, it will be worth, more so the longer you play the game. Unlike a few other Treasures, this one's activities seem to actual income generation activities so you won't feel like your 'wasting time' doing these activities. (Some activities are yet to be confirmed)

As a new player, can I start grinding for the ring?
    Based on the activities projected to be required to obtain the pieces, new players should not pursue the ring immediately. This treasure generally requires a lot of gear from going to ash forest, high levels of bartering to something to do in the next expansion. There is an 'Old method' that requires active trading but there is a few rumors advising against it. Check the next question for more information.

The Patch Notes talked about an Old method. What is the Old Method?
    Your welcome to refer to my old RMR Research Post here.
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/rich-merchant-ring-research.163806/

Pattern of putting the Ring together.
    [​IMG]

I will try to do my best to update this post as I obtain more information. Feel free to PM or post comments below.

#1 Atias, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  2. Ben Phoenix

Thx for the info =)

I won't do it cause it would take too much time.

Souda, sajdas and Jinoro like this.
  3. Vortexii

The image (although it may be out dated) says 5% while all your text states 3%.

4. Elsaxual

this is what pearl abyss consider as content?

5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Even with the eventual excuse of BDO being your first MMO, since you're a member since 2016 you should be aware about it being a grinder by now.

Jinoro likes this.
  6. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Not rly, its more content for "try hard" players who want to 100% game. Just someone trying to hype up this useless item.

Atias likes this.
  7. Atias

You are right. To clarify, the 3% I mention is 'net' or post taxes/silver return bonuses.
    It's 5% silver bonus collected, so the way the net silver is calculated is that the market tax of 35% is applied. then of the 65% silver you gross (obtain), if you have a VP you get 30% extra or 84.5% total from the original listing price. having the ring increases the silver bonus by 5% makes the silver bonus 35% so rather than 84.5% net silver with just the VP, you actually get 87.75% with the ring bonus which is an increase of ~3%. This is why I say ~3% 'Net' income.

jose0320 and Mimimimi like this.
  8. KeeperG

Can note that the original method of getting the pieces is still available according to the patch note but not sure which trade route corresponds to which new hint piece.

9. Atias

Though possible, the original method is believed to be A. Super low chance, like hundreds of potential hours per piece and, factually, B. Active trading those routes does not exceed 16M/hr...
    The chances of obtaining the pieces in the old way may or may not have been altered but there's no proof nor statements suggesting that they did.
    Here is a link to my old RMR Research post. it has a link to the doc i mentioned from Bloo and all the information you'll need if you want to do the old method.
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/rich-merchant-ring-research.163806/

10. Vortexii

Maybe you should play the game and update yourself on the game instead of just making wild baseless statements?

Most of the complaints about these items is the way they are managed such as hunting lower areas for extended periods of time.
    Put some effort into it!!!!

Since you're a long term member shouldn't you know these things that you claim others don't?

11. woots

having "things" to hunt for, fine, setting thoses things behind a huge rng wall like the pot, as i very highly guess its what they are going to do, yeah no.
    Better go gamble with a real lottery, the price is far more interesting, and its less waste of time.

Jinoro likes this.
  12. Atias

Ofc getting these rare items is fun to some people. Even if they 'aren't worth the effort', getting rare items behind high RNG walls gives a feeling of excitement and accomplishment. There's not a huge amount of us, and eventually it'll be easier to obtain via natural game progression. I remember when compass and maps were 'super rare'. We didn't have kama blessings, Arsha, tent buffs and loot scrolls (like candy). Now they're everywhere in the higher end of players.

Getting Gear is easy, and over time, levels and natural progression will make it easier to get stronger and make more silver due to inflation. But for the 'Treasures', you have to go out of your way and sometimes sacrifice for a while to get them. Just giving an inside-the-mind look of someone who actually enjoys this 'content'.

Also to note, so far from what is 'known' hunting for the ring involves activities that all generate decent income. So I'd argue that this treasure is the item that actually motivates you to make solid income/push for higher gear. You'll even get some Merchant Passes for one-time uses for the ring's effect so. :) Maybe I am overhyping it. But since getting the Compass and Map, it was a strong desire for get 3/3, all three of the 'Valencian Treasures'. So I'm just a Tamer on Christmas morning right now. :D

Meduko likes this.
  13. woots

scratching a lottery ticket give you a accomplishment feeling ? because its exactly what BDO is doing, except they request you to scratch it until you eventualy get the reward ?

Sure,there is every kind of taste in the world, but there is no accomplishment here, except maybe not ending totaly braindead doing an assembly-like kind of activity "endlessly"

winning a tactical game is an accomplishment because there is a lot of things to manage, finshing the witness is an accomplishment because your brain will fry.
    pressing the same key to kill hp sandbag untill the eternal RNG source decide to... yeah, its nothing of an accomplishment. You ( in general ) only are just a more hard gambling addict

IF there was a mix between actual challenge and a part of a rng ( and controled rng ) then sure, here, f# no.
    As the main issue isnt "getting a rare item" the main issue is what you have to do to get it, and how you get it.

#13 woots, Jul 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2020
    Jinoro and Atias like this.
  14. Atias

Don't work too hard buddy. I appreciate your input.
    If you still don't understand my point of view or reject it, then I apologize. I'm willing to debate about it in PMs or simply agree to disagree. I can understand that treasure hunting isn't for everyone, and that's okay. I'm looking for people who share the same 'addiction' to get all the 'rare toys' as I do. BDO is a game that lets you play how you want, and I intend to take that claim to the bank.

15. woots

You still miss the point, treasure hunting in a real game would be, via riddle, puzzle, get at a particular point at a certain hour to have whatever first clue to be reveal etc etc.
    You know, like a true treasure hunt.

In BDO : Go kill X mobs during XXXXXX hours until eventual the piece that have a 0.025% drop chance drop. ( and dont forget to buy all buff with drop chance increase ofc )

As i said
    BDO its not a treasure hunt, its just another random gamble, and that's the issue as this game litteraly is a 99% gamble "content".

Otherwise, sure a treasure hunt ( if we dont consider BDO at all ) always is nice, who doesnt like that,

#15 woots, Jul 8, 2020
    SSIJ, MamoruKin and Sadalsuud like this.
  16. Lionborne

I see just finding out what drops what is the main hunt. Also, course there is grinding in it, its bdo lol.

I'm no grind driven player for the pve side of bdo. But, I sure know the filling to of wanting to go for the rare stuff even though it might not be "worth". I wish the best of luck to you Atias and those going for any rare item in the game.

I see the treasure that people have, Sign of a dedicated player really, and I don't see it as a waist of time if your part of a community really and just have that free time.

I mainly work on lifeskills and knowledge hunting. (have almost 5600 gained knowledge, this is not those rank points if anyone is asking)
    I have a energy cap of 588(did not do the 4 newest yet) and still getting combat gear for the hardest ones (yes i got the marni stone grind to tackle some day so I got my own crazy to deal with lol). Point being, I know and did crazy stuff to get it that high.

Good luck getting a group together for this Atias, or finding one.

Atias likes this.
  17. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

dont forget u need to get it 2 times cuz u can wear 2 rings

18. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

He might be stating baseless statements but you are just talking nonsense.
    Why are you shitting on him right now? Because he is attacking smbd that plays this game for 4 years and still has no clue what this game is about? Why should he play the game and update himself? He correctly stated that BDO is an endless grind. There is no comperative or superlative form for the word "correct" in any language. Compared to what uninformed sh't you are spouting sometimes smiley would have easily taken home the million.
    And then the next paragraph is just nonsense. Most treasure items in this game are dropped at mid tier to high tier grind spots. Calling the likes of Manshaums or Tshira a lower area is just dumb. You know whats low tier? Fogans? Nagas? Polly? If you would grind Tshira ruins you would know that the AP requirement there is wrong and its more like 220-230.

#18 Ned Sheynji, Jul 8, 2020
  19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Answer : no, because I won't encourage them into putting lazy RNG content and calling it "achievement".
    Cheap content and if you want to get it faster, don't forget your LS.

20. Mimimimi

i was thinking khan.