1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Message to all new adventurers!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Flowerxl, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Soulo

Slaves

2. LogicaI

Sorry i just don't see the average player being such an uninformed buyer that they look up no guides,there are too many for bdo already out there,websites like the goblin journal,dulfy.net,youtube videos from blade,incendar and countless others,there are plenty of ways to make hundreds of millions a week,there are channels that even show people like mikers and full episodes of everything he does step by step each day to make his 80-100+ mill a day,there are too many guides for everything to count.

one thing i will agree with you on however is how often the game changes,that is unfortunate.

but i will say this,That was entertaining as **** to read and i actually got a good laugh out of how you worded it :)

huh? with all the free gear throwing at you + shukatu seals how do you not have money to spend?

there is plenty wrong with the game,don't get me wrong,but it's far from not catering to new players.

if the game had what it had today a year ago,i would of been full pen a long time ago & not mostly tet with some pens laying around.

are there improvements that need to happen to the game? of course. bring back actual cc and many other countless things.

but does the game now cater to casuals? absolutely.

Assilma, Evil Wood and AZzalor like this.
  3. Life Aries

ohlookagain.jpg

4. nolasigns

yes, but this is assuming everyone is capable of absorbing it all at once, that would actually show any benefits in a time frame comfortable to them.

Anyone that has played for more than a year and a half grew ith most of the game. They absorbed those guides as they came out. They shared the info with guild mates, and we all developed together. We basically went from kindergarten to university through each step of the way, graduating every level bracket of progress.

A new player 2+ years later is equivalent to taking a kindergarten out and dropping them into Harvard.

Okay, I won't be so hyperbolic, more like community college, but still the same.

5. LogicaI

Lmao i can see where you are coming from, And i understand your point. But i have more faith in people than that.

But i can see the flip side also,especially with the younger crowd who are trained to be A.D.D as tv or a tablet is now their babysitter as far as parenting goes now adays thus training them to have a short attention span.

From my observations this generation has bred the most lazy and the most driven of people.

if someone wants to make decent money in this game it's simply a forum search or a google search away is my overall point.

I think it is fair to say that anyone not craving knowledge is a fool and anyone too afraid to ask a question is a failure of their own teachings.
    People will only learn if they want to & if they don't that is their own fault for failure ( p.a even added little stream things in game so p.a could be lazy and let people watch their guides rather than make an intuitive way to teach people lmao so that is where i will agree with you ) but even so almost every game out there the guides from the official source were always trash and 3rd party sources were always where the good info was.

You seem like you will be a good addition to the forums,you seem to have decent rationale and a very witty sense of humor. With that said, off to work i go. <3

AZzalor likes this.
  6. Wildcard

Just out of couriosity, I tried the last (extended) week on the thermian event with a nearly unuesd altAcc, started with a fishing 0 char with no gear, very casual afk fishing next to the dailys.

Ended my little experiment with fishing skilled 2, DUO Ultimate Krea Weapons, Duo Ultimate Grunil Armor, AttSpd5, Crit5, Movement 4, and that nice free DUO Crescent Ring. Just some Asulas now, and that char would be in a nice position to start the grindfest, imho. And that with less then 7 days doing nearly nothing ^^

AZzalor likes this.
  7. nolasigns

Thank you-

It is part of society as whole that eventually finds it way in to gaming. I remember my days of being in leader positions, running high-end guilds, and having a gaming community in the several hundreds, at any given time.

This was a time that people for most part took whatever extra initiative to progress personally, and collectively with guilds. It was easy to get people to sign up to the forums, and discuss strategies, game mechanics, classes, and have a consistent Q&A flow of knowledge circulating. These were the times of having more complex communication VoiPs like team-speak, where people needed guidance to set up even back then, now their little brains would be fried trying to figure it out.

BDO in it's current form is great for people with the brain power to absorb it all and take control of their in game fate. Those people will excel without any problems. It also blocks those that cannot absorb it, which could be a good thing, or a bad thing. We could forever be stuck with a very small community, or go the way of the social standards we seem to be evolving to where someone could sleep through kindergarden, grade school, and somehow end up in college and society provide an academic the dumb-ass can advance with.
    I

8. nolasigns

Knowledge is everything. I created my second account when wizards appeared to show promise so that i could have dual PCs running. I almost dropped that account simply due to the fact (at the time anyway) starting from 0 was taking its toll on me.

I eventually built that account up to soft-cap just 3 weeks ago. It only has a wizard on it (and fail stack alts). I knew pretty much what was needed in game, and probably the only reason he made it there in that time. My only advantages were my main account that baby-sat the wizard through its growth.

#28 nolasigns, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  9. Dringe

Or in some cases, they blow up their gear, quit and spend their time shitposting on the forums.
    You know, like OP.

Smileybones likes this.
  10. Columba

Funner is not a word

11. Buxx

Buxx Lahn 62 EU

Heres how to catch up:

1. Play the game
    2. Dont cry in the forums

You're welcome

12. Mari_Gold

Well, that is quite funny, indeed. I don't play PvP in this game. I just play the game, doing things I find fun to do, on any given day, which might be different on any given day. I have several characters, and only one that is 55, with the others between 50-55. One mostly does sailing and explores islands; yes, in the open sea, without a guild. I keep my gear respectable for PvE, and don't worry about constantly trying to move up for PvP. It's quite relaxing, actually. I have been playing since launch, and don't consider myself robbed of life itself. I have five houses, including one in Valencia with a full time character there, and venture into the desert pretty often; when I can get compass parts out of my sailer's hands.

13. Atron

It looks like you had quite a few sessions with your therapist about BDO and catch up system to come to this conclusion.

14. Yuusayn

Lmao, such a piece of "garbage" yet you still lurk on forums, cause you hate the game so much, you must have some high tolerances to be able to hate something so garbage that you lurk forums for months and months lul

Smileybones likes this.
  15. Vanadiel

Sure you will catch up. Eventually they leave because they get bored and you will end up the new King.
    All that is needed is patience and 24/7 afk/active playing.

16. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

You need to stop trying to read what you think I want to say, and actually read what I do say. I did not say anyone does not have money to spend. I asked, what are they going to spend it all on when there is nothing to buy on the marketplace. Two entirely different things.

17. LogicaI

But you get free gear,there is plenty to spend it on

18. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Where are they then? None on the market.

19. LogicaI

So your saying shukatu seals do not exist? saying the increase in 50% drop and widening of loot pools from bosses doesn't exist?,them giving you free accessories BIS every month doesn't exist?,sorry but it is easier than ever to get bis gear please stop being in denial.

20. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

If all those things you said make it easier to obtain the items people need, why aren't they on the market now?

It's harder than it's ever been to obtain BiS gear right now, the market is completely devoid of them and has been for weeks. It takes at least 3 months of logging in every day to get enough Shakatu seals for the lowest possible BiS piece, and if you do use it on that, then it's another 3-5 months for the second piece via that method. As far as accessory boxes, we get them once a month and we both know how quickly those items sell out on the market.

So, again I ask, where are they? You are the one in denial not me.

Fearless V likes this.