1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Message to anyone who want to listen

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Zerosaur, Jul 15, 2018.

?

Should we get more channels dedicated to PVE/PVP

1. Yes, add more PVP/PVE channels

36.9%
  2. No, keep it as it is

63.1%
  1. Zerosaur

Dear Developers

For a guy that has played your game since summer 2016, I feel like i have some insight into the game and have some opinions that i hope you can take into account when further developing the game. And if not, well there isn't much else i can do anyways so this will then be for the players who wants to read the mumbling of an old soul.

For quite some time now in this game i have enjoyed most of the aspect that this game has to offer, yes there has been ups and downs in this game that and some of the changes makes me really mad but that does not matter at this point. All in all i like this game as i have played it for 2 years.

My problem with this game has most often been the grinding PVP. There are unwritten rules that most of the players follow, like asking for a duel if you invade a spot, either best of 1 or best of 3. If you don't duel because the other guy flagged up its still the same, flag up and it becomes a duel in that way. Heck sometimes this leads to a declaration and a GvG starts, all good fun. But when this does not happen there is a problem.

Someone like me is grinding a spot, and someone comes in and invades the same spot (those who are about to write a long reply to my message, saying you don't own a spot, hold it for a second). I have asked all these things, with duel, and flagged and killed and all of that, and even tried to declare, but nothing works. It ends with me leaving my spot since it isn't efficient enough for me anymore, and my will to grind in this game plummets again. Isn't this killing the PVP aspect that this game advertises?

So my fellow BDO players, could we all join forces to get fewer channels like, all the ???5 and ???6 channels and get some more Arsha channels please where the flagging up to make someone else have to leave a thing again, and also more PVE channels maybe, heck lets call them Margoria1-6 and let them be PVE channels where you can't flag up.

Sincerely
    Zerosaur

mahoukitty and AZzalor like this.
  2. Caexx

sadly this is a pvp game. The devs are korean and like harder style games that wan

any who.t to bend the norm.

While a good suggestion and im sure alot of people will want the same. but i feel like theres a good part of the population that thinks like this, "Keep the pvp the negatives outweigh the positives for going red in this game."

I love pvp and im in a mind set of something similar. If im grinding here and you coming into my area and try to kill mobs and dont say a word. You are dead ^^ sorry i wont duel for spots and i will attempt to clear faster, Tho i do have morals and if i find someone else grinding a spot im working towards then ill move on. Tho im sure alot of ppl dont have that kind of decency.

anyhow, ya thats just my opinion man~

Akyoshii and Zerosaur like this.
  3. mickey3333

Go arsha and get some. If you go PVE channel (aka not arsha) you are not entitled to cry about karmabombing.

4. Rayin

Tbh i would like to see duels implemented, for example:

- You're in a spot, someone challenges you to a duel, like the classic Siege guild member that knows he would win.
    - You accept, your stats and gear automatically equalizes, giving you the same opportunity as him beside playing different classes.
    - You win it and you take a buff consisting in an aura that gives you +50 PvP AP/DP, +200 HP and +20% exp everytime you win a duel with someone that isn't in your same guild (when it comes to open world PvP it'll be like that, for further duels only 1/4 of those stats will be counted) , so that you'll have an edge above your opponents and at some point someone may be disheartened to try to fight you.
    - If you losoe a duel you lost the aura and if you're killed in PvP in OwPvP (non-consensual) you loose the aura and drop a token that should be spent in a special vendor.

In this way PA could see also who's better in 1 vs 1 based on their K/D and balance accordingly and who has enough gear could still try their chances to win the spot flagging on them.

Joungf and GabeCake like this.
  5. Zerosaur

First of all please check your attitude at the door.
    Secondly all i am asking is for more PVP servers as im will admit that im not the strongest person around and therefore with only 1 PVP server i stand no chance there

6. magret

asking for a duel when you invade a spot is a rule now, what that? take the red or go away. Glad that there is an option to auto refuse duels.

7. Solsi

I'm 100% sure PA already knows what classes overperform 1v1 currently, what classes lack and those in the middle though. It's their game so of course they know.

They knew it perfectly well back when mystic and teams with mystic won every single arena tournament lol. Still took them half a year to apply a single nerf. They just don't care enough about that aspect. Having solid data from a dueling system, wont change anything. They still wont balance accordingly.

Some classes are also hard counters against others, as an intended design. So they would have to remove that concept entirely.

But I wouldn't mind a dueling system like that at all personally, if classes where ok balanced around it and had a reasonably equal chance in any match-up. I just doubt PA is willing to make required changes. They likely just see it as a predatory opportunity to monetize the game through cash shop re-rolls :|

8. Zerosaur

So if someone is at a spot and you come in, would you just stay there even if the guy ask for duel/ kills you multiple times? So you make him go red and then that players has to leave the spot now because of the chance of you killing him?

is it then better that the guy has more than 1 option of a PVP channel?

9. magret

i dont go on people spots, and i dont lose time on my buff so you can avoid penalties when you come where i am.

10. Zerosaur

so you want efficiency, perfect me too, thats why i want more PVP channels, and if you dont invade, just means i get to keep the rotation i wanted. perfect.

11. magret

you sure would have less issues if you stopped thinking that there are pre-made "rotation" as you saw on reddit. a rotation is where you killl stuff where is respawn. It depends on GS, class, running speed your attention ability and a lot of stuff.

just hearing people speaking of "their rotation" you're 100% sure that they gonna piss you off and get over by just preemptively changing channel.

ask columba for the rest. topic is boring.

12. Thranduil

Just put the xp loss again in pvp death, karmabombing won't be 100% solved but it will improve.

As for "honor", "rules",... whatever i care for none of those, MMOs have always been kill or be killed, i've got duels and general chat switched off, other players are only another sort of npc.

And yes i love Arsha server, but i don't think having many pvp channels is a good thing, it would only make people swap from one channel to another looking for a free grid spot instead of the main point of doing pvp.

13. Zerosaur

Then what about only PVP servers? cause this is a PvP game

14. ambyentlight

This game is sold as a sandboxed openworld compeditive pvp game and adding pve channels would be down right on the contry to it.

15. Thranduil

This game has pvp but it's not a pvp game, you lose nothing each death making it pointless to avoid being killed.

We alredy have arsha and i don't see the point in having more than a pvp channel.

16. Zerosaur

then should that go for both parties?

17. Kusaragii

Actually, I think they should cut the number of PvE channels by half and add more Arsha channels.

18. Zerosaur

This is exactly what i am asking for. It will change nothing for the PVE player and will be better for whiners like me XD

19. ambyentlight

I can do 1 better make all channels karma free like Arsha and remove desert debuff jail.

Kusaragii likes this.
  20. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Y dont forget give all non PvPler +600GS gear, so they can compensate the lack of "skill".

Then you can make all channels to Arsha.

Fearless V likes this.