1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Micro Stuttering Issue!!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by WolfyPlayss, Jul 4, 2018.

1. WolfyPlayss

Hey guys so for the past year of playing this game I have encountered the odd Micro stuttering issue and usually is fixed by updating my Nvidia drivers and potentially tweaking a few setting in Nvidia Control Panel!

But the day after the latest Nvidia driver I encountered this Micro Stuttering issue (At least I think this could be the cause). And after 100's of hours of research and trying fixes all over the forums and the wide web I have not found a fix! And yes I have sent in a ticket to support.. They suggest it was Abrupt Data transfer between my Storage Device and my RAM? <-- Is this even fixable??

The reason i'm making this post is because I am out of options, if you have gone through most of the forum on here to do with this issue or anywhere on the web, you may have found a fix but nothing worked for me! The ONLY option for me is to try do a fresh Install of windows as I heard it helped many people fix this issue but for some it did not help, unless they did a roll back to windows version 1607 I believe which is only possible after 10 days of getting a fresh update (I currently have Windows Version 1803).

Specs:

i9 7900x
    1080 TI SLI
    32 GB DDR4 RAM
    Samsung SSD 960 PRO Nvme Drive
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO

I have gone through so many things to try fix this issue over the past few days..

- Uninstalled all Drivers and cleaned registry with DDU (in safe mode)

- Installed all up to date Drivers

- I tried this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3oatuw/those_of_you_gaming_on_windows_10_heres_how_i/

- I tried https://www.commentcamarche.com/faq/26313-plantage-de-nvlddmkm-sys-la-solution (A user on a forum said this helped fix there stuttering issue)

- I tried disabling windows game mode, DVR & turned off all windows gaming features

- I tried editing game files with notepad ++ like the version.dat file (this helps with the corrupt file message when entering the game world, when the launcher does not fix this issue)

- I partitioned my nvme drive just for black desert and clearing out every single file on my computer to do with bdo, even all my user cache, documents and temp files.

- I re downloaded the game & did a fresh reinstall

- I tried changing every setting is Nvidia control panel

- I read through every single forum post on this site (At least I think I found everything to do with this issue)

- I went through every single YouTube video and comparing my issue with their's and checked all the comment section for any fixes!

- I tried disabling Coherent UI by changing the blackdesert64.exe to windows vista compatibility mode

- tried changing HPET settings

- Tried moving my pagefile to a separate drive & even disabled it

- Tried old Nvidia drivers

- Made a new account of windows (someone mentioned is could be to do with a corrupt registry file)

- Like there are so many things I went through I don't even remember anymore

- I then jumped off a cliff in bdo

Here is a video I sent in with my ticket to show what is happening in game:

#1 WolfyPlayss, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    RevoSend likes this.
  2. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Are you only having this issue with BDO or other games as well?

3. Pkmdz

I have this all the time also........... Getting MIGHTY sick of it

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  4. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Well if you're having this issue in other games as well, then I might suggest eliminating all possible OS issues on your side by *wiping* your drives.and installing windows fresh via USB key. Then update windows to the latest build (not creators)(but 1803 recent release).

Afterwards disable any unwanted services, and then perform any driver updates necessary. Then install BDO and see what happens.

5. WolfyPlayss

This issue is only a bdo problem it has nothing to do with other games, in the community there are actually quite a lot of people having this issue for some odd reason, but yes the only thing I can do next is a fresh install of windows. I will try this now

6. WolfyPlayss

I have tried everything it's unlikely anyone's suggestions are going to help, I have no background app's interfering with the game

7. Nosimo

Does it happen if you just run off one gpu?
    Is the firmware up to date on your ssds?
    Bios updated for your Mobo?
    Win 10 doesn't need hpet this should be disabled in your bios before you install or reinstall if you go that route.

8. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Let us know how the fresh installation of Windows 10, 1803 goes.

9. WolfyPlayss

Yes I only use 1 GPU
    I have updated my firmware
    I also had already updated the BIOS
    And I already disabled HPET the otherday

:(

10. WolfyPlayss

Still no luck windows 1803 didn't seem to help after a fresh install of windows 10

11. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

write caching enabled on the drive BDO is installed on?

12. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you send us a reply on your ticket with a Benchmark scan, using something like HD Tune so we can check out your SSD's health?

Andaro likes this.
  13. WolfyPlayss

Yes caching is enabled on all drives

14. WolfyPlayss

I reset my computer with the latest windows version (1803) I had a corrupt windows registry. after re installing simple apps and Black Desert Online.. Nothing has changed. I will try benchmarking I guess and add it too the ticket :3

15. WolfyPlayss

SamsungMagician_2018-07-07_01-42-25.png SamsungMagician_2018-07-07_01-45-30.png

GM Kaioken

Here is my results the ticket was closed, Not sure if this helps? (BDO is on the 960 Pro)

Think by now I have spent well over 60 hours trying to fix this issue since I got it about 7 days ago, I really want to be able to play as I was grinding my way to join Sovereign :( Also been so caught up with this, I haven't been able to claim my Pearls for the free DUO Crescent ring. I hope there is a fix for this as I don't see any issue with my hardware, kinda lost honestly

#15 WolfyPlayss, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  16. Pkmdz

Something that worked for me the other day was not following people's constant advice to update Nvidia drivers....and instead I completely uninstalled the graphic drivers and went back to stock. My fps become more consistent and the stutter and lag isn't showing up anywhere near as badly as it was.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  17. WolfyPlayss

Yeah I already tried that unfortunately. And now i'm getting the corrupt file error :( I think I can fix this if I edit the version.dat file and rename PAP files to XXX.PAP-old.. This was a fix last time I used to get this. Maybe this can shed some light on why I have the stuttering issue hmm

Attached Files:

18. WolfyPlayss

Well what do you know.. turns out I have a memory problem. 2-3 hours later I have located the faulty RAM in my system and put it to one side. I am now using 16 GB of perfectly good and working RAM! Once I get past the corrupt file problem if that still persists, I can then see the results in game

EDIT: Still Stuttering :( My system seems fine I am lost completely now

I'll try testing for thermal throttling, you never know with the summer! System has the state of the art water cooling so i'll be surprised if this is the case

#18 WolfyPlayss, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  19. WolfyPlayss

GM Kaioken

I tested for CPU thermal Throttling here was my results aida64_2018-07-07_08-24-41.png

Slightly hard to see I ran the programme for 20 minutes.. (Green line at the bottom stays at 0% through out the entire stress test)
    No Throttling

I then monitored my GPU with GPU-Z GPU-Z_2018-07-07_08-51-46.png Can't really tell but when I start doing combat animations my core clock was up and down (The middle of the bar where you see it dropping is when I was doing combat animations) Any signs of throttling here?

PrecisionX_x64_2018-07-07_10-12-20.png

Using EVGA Precision seems to freeze up my entire game for about 4 seconds, you can see it on the chart when it drops! This happened when I fully disabled SLI and used a pacific GPU to run the game in NVIDIA Settings

Twitch chat input lmao..

chrome_2018-07-07_10-55-03.png

#19 WolfyPlayss, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  20. WolfyPlayss

So I have been trying some pretty weird stuff out to try fix this issue over the past 24 hours and still NOTHING effects this problem like i'm so confused, is anyone going to help me out here? THIS HAS TO BE AN ISSUE WITH BDO

Cadarson likes this.