1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Micro Stuttering Issue!!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by WolfyPlayss, Jul 4, 2018.

1. ElectroStingz.

Hello,

If you were to ride a horse sprinting in a circle, open field with no mobs or other players around you does it stutter?

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  2. WolfyPlayss

Yes! Your game looks amazingly smooth!! I WANT MY GAME TO RUN LIKE THAT!!!!
    Sorry i'm just loosing my mind here, do you have any suggestions?

3. WolfyPlayss

I also started making content for bdo on YouTube but I cannot continue if the game keeps stuttering!

You can see here that my game runs smooth with no issues, this was just a recent problem that is unfix-able! I don't understand how I can log in the next day after a recording session and it just stutters everywhere!

I won't let this slide I have spent so much money on this game!

I grantee it's the windows creators update! But it's too late for me to do a roll back since It's been months :(

Attached Files:

#23 WolfyPlayss, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. Andaro

Ambassador

you said "everything was fine" (you did a recording) and then the next day the problem began (logged in the next day)

this makes me think that something is running in the back ground of your.machine.

Example, back on Windows 7, any time you had an update to .NET, code would compile in the background and was noticeable in system slowdown

This makes me wonder if perhaps there are things going on while your game is loaded,....such as perhaps (maybe) xigncode checking your system, or cortona indexing files, or network packet hashing,.....

Problems you were not having don't magically appear the next day out of the blue. *Something* on your system changed during that time frame.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  5. ElectroStingz.

Im currently using nvidia 397.64 drivers with a GTX 970 .

Stutters can occur for other reasons such as a network related issue, has anything changed like ISP, router / modem?
    What is your connection speed?
    • What motherboard / brand / model do you have?
    • What brand / model are the GFX cards?
    • Make and model of your RAM, XMP, 2133MHz / 2400MHz ...
    • CPU cooler?
    Hardware monitor for temps, would be nice to know how hot your CPU gets when playing BDO.
    https://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If your motherboard BIOS has an option, Above 4G memory remap / similar wording please enable it.
    And in the nvidia control panel, disable shader cache.
    Also in your demo video, 55seconds just before you grab it stutters?

#25 ElectroStingz., Jul 8, 2018
    WolfyPlayss likes this.
  6. WolfyPlayss

Yeah that's what I was trying to find out, I installed the new patch on the Wednesday (not latest patch, the patch on the 27th) Logged in played everything all good, turn off my pc log straight back into bdo the next day.. Stuttering. That's when I updated my drivers!

7. WolfyPlayss

I can give you my exact temps, i'll run the test again since I don't remember them!

Motherboard: Asus x299 Prime Delux
    GPU's: https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b4732/evga-gtx-1080-ti
    RAM: https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE®-RGB-16GB-(2-x-8GB)-DDR4-DRAM-3000MHz-C15-Memory-Kit/p/CMR16GX4M2C3000C15

Yes in the video it looks like stutter but I think that was just lag since I never noticed it before!

I will just post a picture of my system so you can see the cooling system! PC.jpg

Kaishang likes this.
  8. WolfyPlayss

Nothing has changed, i did find something about ISP on the internet, someone mentioned it can cause stuttering, not sure how I check ISP

HWMonitor_2018-07-08_18-56-19.png HWMonitor_2018-07-08_18-56-27.png

9. ElectroStingz.

Temps are good on the CPU / GPU core, I wasn't sure from your other images and didnt want to assume without knowing your cooler as they seem really low. (water cooler explains it)

Can you change your power plan settings to max performance, the screenshot shows your cores have frequency scaling (EIST) enabled.
    • Press on the startmenu, type power settings
    • Choose power and sleep settings
    • Additional power settings
    • High performance.
    This should run your CPU at max frequency on all the cores, clear the min and max in hardware monitor.
    Try BDO again and hopefully it will be smoother.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  10. WolfyPlayss

Thank you my game is a lot smoother now but the stuttering still occurs :(
    Do you have anymore suggestions?

#30 WolfyPlayss, Jul 8, 2018
  11. ElectroStingz.

I was with BT infinity 2 my game experience wasnt great, everything was slow and world bosses warped all over the screen, including other players. Sky manage their network traffic and during peak times / hotter weather things can get worse. This is beyond your control, their modem/router is also a weak spot and if this did recently have a firmware upgrade it could have made matters worse. (play late, like 2am and see what happens)

Ignoring this for a moment, there are a few questions I have regarding the faulty memory.

Your memory went faulty, both sticks or just 1?
    It is rare for x2 to go at the same time, what happened and how did you find out / test?

Reason I am asking, I have seen a few Intel systems with memory related issues such as stuttering. Sometimes it is the CPU alignment in the socket which can cause a whole memory channel to fail. Depends on the above question and if you did actually try the faulty stick(s) in the working slots.
    Do all the memory slots still work?

Also XMP, running the memory at 3000MHz might be an issue (can gradually occur over time), did you ever try 2133MHz/2666MHz?
    The Intel spec for XMP usually over volts the memory controller voltage,
    Default SA Voltage = 0.900v
    Default IO Voltage = 1.000v

Remove the image when you get the time as it shows your IP address.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  12. WolfyPlayss

Thanks you may have saved me there, half a sleep here didn't see the IP Address lol xD

What I did was checked if I had any memory problems by running windows memory diagnostics and straight away it said something was wrong with my hardware! Probably the reason I was getting blue screen errors and my PC would restart randomly!! But now it's fixed

I took out 2 RAM sticks ran the memory test again, still failed the test
    Then I replaced those 2 sticks with the other RAM I took out before hand, ran the test again.. Everything was fine no problems!

So I didn't actually test the individual RAM sticks that may have been faulty ( i know one of them defo was faulty but I would rather not run my system with 3 RAM sticks anyway) If I get round to testing those 2 I'll be sure to let you know!

And yes I tried many different RAM Speeds.. All the way down to 1866MHz I believe!
    Haven't touched the Voltage though since my system was delivered overclocked, I had to reset the BIOS because I think It came with the faulty RAM actually, surprised how I could play this long and not notice that! I guess I was a noob when it came to computing then (slightly more experienced now 11 months later lol)

13. WolfyPlayss

@ElectroStingz. Do you think I should use the 397.64 Nvidia driver? I tried the previous driver before the current latest one but it made no difference.

14. ElectroStingz.

I don't think it's a driver issue but there is no harm in giving it a go.

What was the overclock?
    Asking as when you reset the BIOS this would have restored everything back to default Intel specs so unless you re-applied the OC settings it must be default? Your hardware monitor image shows default clocks.

For the memory, in your BIOS enable the XMP setting.

Does EVGA precision show you your GFX cards VRM temperatures / power temperatures?

If you want to try a stress test download Prime95.
    https://www.mersenne.org/download/
    When you extract and run choose "just stress testing."
    This window will pop up.
    p95.jpg
    Try the blend test, run for 30mins, longer is better.
    A similar window will show.
    p952.jpg

Your one should have 20 workers, 10 cores with Hyperthreading.
    If any of those workers fail the green icon will turn red.
    A failure implies something is wrong.

To stop the test at any time
    p953.jpg

To start another test.
    p954.jpg
    Always have hardware monitor open so you can see the temperatures, if your CPU reachs 80 Deg C stop.
    Once done give the In-place large FFTs test a go < This will will generate a lot of heat / consume power.
    All pass = good.

Is your nVME drive using the Samsung driver?
    https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/minisite/ssd/download/tools/

In device manager this,
    nvme.jpg

Network, are you using wireless or a wired connection and to which LAN port, the 219V or 211-AT (try to use the 219V if not already)

EDIT: also note, when running prime95 with hardware monitor open make sure your CPU core frequencies do not drop, they should all remain at the max frequency no matter what.

Attached Files:

• p95.jpg
      p95.jpg
      File size:
      48.4 KB
      Views:
    • p952.jpg
      p952.jpg
      File size:
      392.7 KB
      Views:
    • p953.jpg
      p953.jpg
      File size:
      34.1 KB
      Views:
    • p954.jpg
      p954.jpg
      File size:
      24.5 KB
      Views:
    #34 ElectroStingz., Jul 8, 2018
    WolfyPlayss likes this.
  15. Nosimo

Your speeds actually look very low....mine is 3019/1733 and 398,770/296,607 for 960 evo. No idea if they are slow enough to actually cause a problem though.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  16. WolfyPlayss

Everything seems fine when running Prime95 I think..

So when running both tests the first being around 30 minutes or more the clock frequency would drop below 4000MHz (around 3985MHz+)

It would then raise up to 4200MHz, Mostly above 4000MHz though.

Yes EVGA Precision does show GPU cards temperatures / power temperatures / Memory temperatures..

In the BIOS I have a XMP Profile that I activated the other day, didn't realise it was off! So i must have activated the overclock again? The overclock was 4.2GHz on the CPU & RAM was just standard I believe at 3000MHz

Oh and I didn't have the nvme Driver! Thought samsung magician would do that for me! I'm thinking maybe I'm missing many drivers now?! Like Motherboard etc hmm

17. WolfyPlayss

Interesting well I didn't actually have the nvme drive even though I thought samsung magician would automatically update my drivers, Guess not! Not sure why our speeds are different then

#37 WolfyPlayss, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  18. ElectroStingz.

As long as Prime95 / all the worker windows didnt show any errors when you stopped (0 errors / 0 warnings) it's all good.
    Your Clock frequency is normal for your CPU.

XMP only sets the RAM frequency, by default it will run 2133MHz, XMP changes this to run at 3000MHz.

As it is right now your CPU is running default speeds.
    • The Intel i9-7900x runs at 3300MHz
    • Has a Turbo boost clock of 4300MHz
    • And a Turbo boost max clock of 4500MHz
    These are all default Intel specs, the CPU always dynamically adjusts these depending on the work load.

What are the power temps / memory temps in EVGA precision? (If you can run when playing BDO for a bit / I know you said it makes things worse)
    Out of interest, what other games do you play (you said all fine)

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  19. WolfyPlayss

I just went in game with EVGA and I was stuttering still but I think I was just getting insane freezing last time because my system was messed up (since then I have re formatted my computer and made sure the Windows registry wasn't corrupted like it was before I did a windows reset)

BlackDesert64_2018-07-09_10-28-35.png

But for some reason my power temp / memeory temps are not showing?

PrecisionX_x64_2018-07-09_10-38-11.png

PrecisionX_x64_2018-07-09_10-39-13.png

This is out of game
    Doesn't show in game either

20. ElectroStingz.

Maybe your card doesn't support it :(.

Try this
    https://benchmark.unigine.com/valley

Choose Ultra for the quality
    unie.jpg
    Press on Run and when in there press F9 to run the benchmark, there should be no stuttering.

Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

WolfyPlayss likes this.