1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Micro Stuttering Issue!!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by WolfyPlayss, Jul 4, 2018.

1. WolfyPlayss

Yeah I tried disabling and testing that already, would the outcome be different this time since I made those changes?

2. ElectroStingz.

3. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Can you send us in a ticket WolfyPlayss and use HDtune and run a Benchmark Scan?

Is the game installed on your 860 or 850?

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  4. WolfyPlayss

Sure I can send a ticket in i'll take a look at HDTune

I am using the 960 PRO & also tried it on the 850 EVO

5. Riverwren

Hello,

I am the author of the temp files post. From my testing it will only work if there are certain files in there, so it doesnt work for everyone. I've been doing more testing and have had some success with uninstalling some normally non-uninstall-able windows security updates, particularly KB4090914, using the following steps:

First, navigate to C:\Windows\Servicing\packages

On the search box, type ".mum" -> Hit Enter

(Click on the date modified to get the recent file...)

Right click on your package (called Package_for_KB4090914...., not the ones with numbers ie Package_1_for KB....) ->Properties -> Security tab-> Advanced -> Change permissions(require admin rights)

Click Add -> Select a principal ->

-> type your user name/ email id under "enter the Object...etc box"-> Check names to makesure whether such name exist on your system -> OK

Check Full control check box under basic permissions..

Click on Change, which is near to Owner..

type your user name/ email id under "enter the Object...etc box"-> Check names to makesure whether such name exist on your system -> OK -> Apply -> OK -> Close the window..

Now, again right click on the package -> Open with -> Notepad ( Click on More apps and then notepad when there is no Notepad on the list)

When the file is opened , Scroll down and change permanance=”permanent” to permanence=”removable”

Press Ctrl + S to save the file...

Now, go back to your uninstall screen and uninstall the update..

You could try this and see if it helps. Its certainly smoothed things out for me when the temp file deletion fix stopped working (cause the culprit files were no longer being created). You may want to stop and disable Windows Update in services.msc first tho so it doesnt try to reinstall it.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  6. ElectroStingz.

It's been a while, any updates / progress WolfyPlayss?

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  7. crusty85

I have the same issues, but for me its not everytime its like after some time of grinding, or moving around the map. Can you upload your client.log?
    Its the game its not the user systems. I uploaded a client.log file and its dumbed with 6mb of errors and its only a few hours of gaming. There are so many static failures, that is what the real problem is. Not your system, so stop to uninstall security updates, or dumbing your registry entrys with no helpfull stuff!

The developers have to fix that, not you!

https://www.file-upload.net/download-13229620/Client_20180712152803.log.html

Pkmdz likes this.
  8. Lynk

Lynk Origins Mystic 61 EU

I feel reborn XO
    after being tired of playing this game with stutters and under 30 fps for over 2 years i decided to poke around in my BIOS. I disabled every power saving mode in existence (C1/C3/C6), overclocked my CPU slightly so i'm still having respectable temperatures and voila! 160 fps while grinding, 100 fps in town and over 80fps during a full RBF in full potato optimazation mode and effects off!

I ordered myself a new CPU cooler for 20 bucks so i can play around with the clockspeeds since i only have the stock one which has been mounted on my ancient i5-2500 for over 8 years now with thermal paste probably harder than my **** right now.

I have no idea if you've tried this already or not but i wish you the best of luck.
    I'm going outside now and do a victory dance in the middle of the street so all my neighbours know i succeeded in life.

specs:
    GTX 760
    i5-2500
    12GB RAM

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  9. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Glad to hear you were able to improve your framerate issues! Please keep in mind that if you OC your system you may run into some compatibility issues, so I would make a note of your current settings in case you need to revert to them.

WolfyPlayss and Lynk like this.
  10. Urkart

I have the same problem with stutter gameplay. My fps are mostly on cap with 100fps + G-Sync (Asus PG348Q).
    That stutter hapens in borderless window. If I switch to fullscreen mode in game, that problem disappear for a while.
    To get back on windowed mode I have the problem again.
    I need to switch on Desktop nearly all the time, so fullscreen is no option for me.

My pc:
    1080TI
    16 gig @ 2400hz

Usage is on 10%, GPU maybe up to 50% but as I said never have any bigger fps drops in game.

Update:
    I reinstalled my Windows 10 on a brand new M.2, also Black Desert Online. It doesent fix that problem and sure all drivers and updates are the newest.

#70 Urkart, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    WolfyPlayss likes this.
  11. Urkart

Well, may be I found the problem. Today I noticed something interresting. My guild is useing Teamspeak and I keep it open on my second screen.
    As soon I close Teamspeak the stuttering is gone!

So guys test it, may be it cause the same problem with other programms. The main thing seems to be the second screen. If the program (Teamspeak) ist behind the main screen (BDO) I dont have that problem. Its a bit shitty so I cant see wo is speaking, but yeah my stuttering ends...

Would be nice if there is another workaround to fix that problem.

12. WolfyPlayss

Since going through many things, my game isn't stuttering so bad but it does s till happen.. I am not really sure why anymore I kinda just play and deal with it. I did send in a ticket but we checked both of my ssd's health with hd Tune and seeing that everything was all good, I was asked to send in another video of the problem and said I would. But honestly what's the point it's the exact same issue, no need to record it again and upload another video just because the issue is less intense than before right? I just don't see this going anywhere because everything we speak about is directed at my hardware. Yes I did have a memory problem but that issue is resolved & I have spent 3 weeks on the problem with no real solution, I just didn't want to spend anymore time on it.

13. WolfyPlayss

I will look into this myself and try it out I think could potentially help improve my fps, since you state that you are getting 160 fps whilst grinding. Happy you found a solution!

14. Lynk

Lynk Origins Mystic 61 EU

Quick update on how my game has been running after my last post. My CPU cooler is installed and runs smooth as butter, i swapped the stock fan and fins with a Hyper 212 and went from 65° idle and 95° during load (yikes) to 35° idle and 55° during load. Concidering how low these temperatures were to before i decided to OC my CPU from 3.3Ghz to 3.7Ghz which runs stable and sits around 63° during load.

So my main problems that i had and solved were:
    - CPU bottleneck which i greatly improved with overclocking
    - Disabling all BIOS powersaving modes because i saw my clockspeeds jump up and down while i was playing BDO (possibly because of thermal throttling but this occured even when my CPU was running on low temps before this)

The game still runs smooth as butter for me and hope you can get your problems fixed somehow.

I also played around with a lot of setting from NVIDIA and ingame and noticed a big performance increase by forcing NVIDIAs anti-aliasing and changing the effect opacity and focus in the setting
    upload_2018-7-23_17-22-2.png

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  15. WolfyPlayss

So I have done some further testing on my issue.. When I turn G Sync off my game freezes roughly every 15 seconds ???
    It's like the stuttering but super extreme!! I Just freeze in place for roughly 5 seconds???

I then turned G Sync Back on but now i'm getting screen tearing

So I'm starting to think it's got something to do with G Sync

Could this maybe be the issue I have had all along?

G Sync on = Micro stuttering & Now Screen Tearing
    G Sync off = Freezing, Micro stuttering & Obviously Screen Tearing

btw I turned off G sync just because I wanted to see if that could help with V Sync off still.

Thank you for all the help & advice over the past few weeks, I know I can seem very stressed about this issue at times so apologise for that

EDIT: It my have something to do with me limiting my fps causing tearing with RTSS
    I tried using this too limit my frames to see if that helped but no luck
    I also tried Nvida Inspector to limit frames still no luck.

#75 WolfyPlayss, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  16. RevoSend

Have the same issue as is on the video.. tried everything and anything listed on this and other forum and reddit posts.. game still stutters

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  17. Nosimo

Have you double checked the refresh rate your monitor is set to? I'm not sure what causes it but mine occasionally gets locked to 85 (from 165) and everything microstutters when it gets lowered for whatever reason. No idea if it's a driver thing or Windows thing but I need to completely reset the monitor when it happens. Windows 10 and/or Nvidia driver's have gsync issues with games running on older engines, I leave it off for BDO.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  18. WolfyPlayss

Yeah I have checked the refresh rate of my monitor and you are correct my friends my monitor is running at 60 hz for some reason!

chrome_2018-07-24_19-48-26.png

That's interesting indeed but the issue occurred before with my monitor running at 100hz
    I will do some further testing, thank you!

EDIT: as the test states you might have to try another browser to confirm the results, i then tried on another browser and here are the results..

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-07-24_19-52-28.png

So I'm going to try running my game again but I don't believe this would help

also going to see if I have a bitcoin mining virus just to throw that out there lol

#78 WolfyPlayss, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  19. ElectroStingz.

Intresting, G-Sync did have issues when it was first launched.
    For testing purposes maybe try a HDMI cable(unplug the display port cable), you will be limited to 4K@60Hz and G-Sync will be disabled as a result.

20. Findubar

try changing your xmp profile to see if you still get it