1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Micro Stuttering Issue!!

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by WolfyPlayss, Jul 4, 2018.

1. ElectroStingz.

The game menu does load a little slow since the remastered update, I'll take a closer look but I do recall it not being smooth. As to in game stutters, some tiny ones are normal depending on connection / number of players loading around. (open field test, no one around should be smooth)
    Good job staying with this and trying get to the cause.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  2. WolfyPlayss

Yeah and thank you for the help dude really appreciate it! Not sure what to do now though.. :(

- I disabled the Monitor Overclock
    - I Took out my SLI Connector
    - Tried HDMI and DPI at 60hz
    - Went back to overclock due to tearing even with V sync (Stuttering Still)

And now with 100Hz 70 fps in remaster using a Single GPU my game is freezing every 3-25 Seconds for a period of 3-6 Seconds.
    It's now at the point where I try to test and fix this issue and a million other problems arise during testing, nearing a dead end here & it's a shame as I wanted to enter the Trailer Contest with 4k 60fps :(

3. ElectroStingz.

This might be of interest, I did some testing to see how BDO scales with a lower performing CPU (downclocked my one to 3.5GHz / HT disabled)
    https://community.blackdesertonline...rectly-on-a-brand-new-pc.273400/#post-1554376

It is quite possible to hit 100% CPU usage with uncapped FPS depending on CPU / GPU combination, not sure what value FPS starts to bog down the CPU but if you are also getting 100% it would explain why the game is stuttering / choppy. (Check my video, only issue is in Windowed mode for uncapped FPS you must use nvidia driver 390.77 or earlier, this may not be an issue as you have G-sync)

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  4. WolfyPlayss

I recently decided to try even older drivers starting with the 390.77 and noticed that my game doesn't freeze. I then reverted back to the latest driver and freezing is back again, I am just standing still or go to type something to someone and my game freezes for 5 seconds roughly. I revert back to 390.77 but it feels like it used to feel when I didn't update drivers.. I would get stutters and updating drivers resolved that for me (well used too). I am unsure what causes these freezes but it seems like the latest driver isn't usable

5. Umbryphos

I am having some similar issues regarding the remastered textures. here's what I could find. Hopefully, someone manages to fix it cause I only have one monitor and switching alt-tabbing is really annoying with fullscreen mode.
    I'm running an i7 8086k at 5ghz with a GTX 1080 on a Dell S2716DG 2560x1400 144hz G-Sync Display
    My frametimes are terrible playing BDO in windowed mode.
    Watch my framerate and frametime stabilize as I switch from windowed mode to fullscreen.

6. ElectroStingz.

Hello Umbryphos,

The issue is related to the nvidia drivers, above a certain version your FPS is capped to 60 in Windowed mode / Borderless.
    https://community.blackdesertonline...ed-in-full-screen-window.278752/#post-1516738
    Try drivers 390.77.

Why have you noticed it more in Remastered mode?
    Due to how the mode works, post processing so all the visuals in remastered mode are calculated after the game engine has already rendered the scene. With a higher base framerate (FPS) the game engine is processing the scenes (data) much faster, this means the secondary process (remastered mode) can start working on the effects a lot quicker.

By slowing down your base framerate the secondary process (remastered mode) must wait longer before it can start doing its work. And this is why remastered mode comes with a high impact on performance (there is more to it, this is the simple explanation) plus runs better on high end CPUs / GFX cards, you must have the FPS beforehand in order to have decent FPS.

They can improve this post processing performance by altering the definition level, process full resolution scene, process 0.75 resolution scene.
    In other words instead of trying to render the scene at the full resolution you play the game at, they could make remastered mode render the scene at say 75% of your game resolution with the trade being visual clarity.

Anyway, get the older drivers and to anyone using a 60Hz monitor make sure Vsync is disabled for BDO when running remastered mode. It would be good to know what the ideal base framerate is for remastered mode, eg what FPS do you need before post processing (remastered mode) to obtain say 140FPS in remastered mode.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  7. Umbryphos

So it was the Nvidia driver's I vaguely skimmed through this thread and saw that there was a recent driver that got had g-sync issues in windowed mode, and the newest driver specifically addressed this
    [G-SYNC]: Fixed Windowed G-Sync mode may stutter after upgrading to Windows 10 Spring Creators Update. [2097340]here
    Here's a video of FPS limited to 60, running 399.07 drivers

Even then the stuttering persisted until fullscreen was enabled
    So as told I rolled back drivers to 390.77

It managed to fix it!
    TLDR: Thanks for the help now I can alt-tab and adjust volume without stuttering!

ElectroStingz. likes this.
  8. WolfyPlayss

I somehow managed to record enough footage to pull this off and but sadly no crazy combo's due to me having the issue still but haven't given up on this problem for me

9. ElectroStingz.

I was thinking about this thread yesterday, good to see the positive attitude (and video).

Can you adjust your GFX card's power limit to a lower value? (try 80% first)
    https://community.blackdesertonline...creen-possible-fix.280022/page-5#post-1588096
    The thread is about another issue but the screenshot / msiafterburner applies.

The GPU core is always adjusting the frequency depending on load / temperature / power draw, this can also be a point for causing stutters when the GFX card is pushing out a lot of FPS as in your setup. GPU boost, the feature which controls the automatic OC is very sensitive to the GPU temperature, the cooler the card the more potential is has to push the OC and with your water cooling config it runs cool.

10. WolfyPlayss

At this point I have tried everything but when I update my drivers to play other games (from the bdo optimised driver) bdo freezes and crashes and stutters a lot more & receiving no real help from the technical team kinda sucks. I just get told eventually that they are aware that some classes suffer from stuttering after using skills or something and will be fixed soon but that's a load of crap that isn't going to get fixed just like they promised to make class changes.. Warrior still no cc protection is large scale so I kinda feel like leaving this issue now and moving on.. It has to be a driver issue or something that's the only thing that changed when this issue occurred, it's the root cause of this problem

#110 WolfyPlayss, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  11. ElectroStingz.

What kind of support are you able to obtain from the PC builder? (Hardware needs looking into)
    For example if you went to them and said you suspect the GFX cards are faulty, would they be able to provide 2 new ones and show you it working?
    Or is this a mail order, too far to travel?

12. WolfyPlayss

Too far to travel the thing weighs a ton, I could maybe get an engineer to come by and have a look from the company and replace the faulty RAM I took out as well. After that if everything works fine awesome but if not who knows what this issue is xD

13. Slytrix

Try this: Delete everything you can delete in your Users > (name) > AppData (may be hidden folder so go to view and check the hidden items box) > Local > Temp folder, and then run BDO. Idk why, but this helped my stuttering a TON. Just skip the stuff that you cannot delete.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  14. WolfyPlayss

ElectroStingz., Schönfeld and Andaro like this.
  15. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Thank you for alerting us to this. Can you confirm if the tearing issue and stuttering issue was resolved by updating the display port firmware or by the other steps you mentioned?

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  16. DDDPUNISHER

@GM Kaioken i'm having this issue aswell, my pets seem to be causing the lag. after about 5 mins of game time i start to lag every time they loot. When i put them away the stuttering stops. i have done clean install / clean driver update. how do i fix this ?

ticket # 804862

#116 DDDPUNISHER, Dec 14, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  17. ElectroStingz.

WolfyPlayss likes this.
  18. WisedudeBlack

19. DDDPUNISHER

did getting new ram fix this for you ?

20. WisedudeBlack

My whole system is like 4-5 years old except my 1080ti.If I wanted better ram (ddr4) I'd have to buy a new motherboard too....have you seen the price of ram lately? xD. Il upgrade "maybe" in a couple of months.for now I'm waiting to see what amd has in store next month.Maybe intel releases some info too.If not I'm gonna have to start saving money up.