1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mind boggling 50% drop increase

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dworkin Barimen, Oct 6, 2020.

1. CrKrCrKr1

Hmmm, if the developers put a lot of effort on developing that mechanic they also should add biorhythm and menstrual cycle.

2. Spartakatz

wow that's some cavemen level of understanding what randomness, luck, chance etc means.

so.. really? you think if a thing has some low chance, you expect it to happen always after the exact same time?

wow :-D

3. Rügenwalder Pommersche

how about u work for me ill pay u 1€ per month, but ill pay someone else 50% more so hes getting 1.5€ per month
    so u earn 12 € per month and he gets 18€ per month
    both of u cant buy **** with that ofc but hey its 50% more so he should be able to buy something soon

4. Alodylis

Really curious about this can you link me all the info you have about that and is possible to figure out when your stars align in game?

5. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

You can't change your zodiac after creating the char. Not even with a VP.

With a 0,3% chance you average out 1 in 333. With 0,003% it's 1 in 33333. And the Elten piece for example is 0,0005% which means 1 in 200000 on -average-. Sure someone is there for 8 hours and has his piece, but the other guy just needs to have some bad luck... to have to kill a MILLION Eltens to get his piece. And since the drops are independed of each other: 2 Eltens side by side could drop the piece in the same pull... or you need 2 years to get it to drop (who doesn't know someone who practically lived in Hystria?)

And EVERYTHING you grinded so far that didn't drop the piece is completely worthless... it won't increase the chance of it dropping and it won't "average out". You have to think in chains to understand those drop chances. The chain nodrop-x has the same chance of dropping it at x as the chain nodrop-nodrop-nodrop-nodrop-nodrop-nodrop-nodrop-x. (Even the chain drop-drop-drop-drop-drop-drop-drop-x has the same 1 in 200000 chance at x, it's just incredibly rare for the whole chain to appear.) Those chances only count for future events, any events that happened in the past are entirely separate and completed. Even if it didn't drop in 10 million mobs or it dropped 2 times in 100 mobs, it's just a low chance event that happened, but the next Elten will still have 1 in 200000 drop chance.

Drops are personalized for the guy landing the killshot the moment the mob dies, based on nodelvl, lootscroll, arctic fox, agris fever etc. Which makes it even less likely that the mob that dropped the item for the new guy would have dropped it for the original grinder, since 2 ppl with different rng seeds are unlikely to have the exactly same result (which is kinda comforting when you see crap like that pop up in the announcement window).

6. HairaQ

if it is as you say there is no rng in bdo - it is all lie to its players...
    rng depandable of the admin command - so for what people pay thair money lol... i hope this is not true. all players want to play on equal terms in frame of time... and playares pay for it for real money

7. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Several things wrong here still.
    First 0,003%(which you quoted) does not equal 1 in 333. It is 1 in 33333.
    Second. If we assume that it would be 1 in 333, like you said. Not getting an item in 100000 mobs would not likely happen. That would be unfathomably unlikely. So unlikely it practially is 0. It is so unlikely it would never happen until our sun ceases to exist.
    That is a whooping 1 in 4,12 * 10^130.
    For comparison: "At this level, it is estimated that the there are between 10^78 to 10^82 atoms in the known, observable universe."
    Just to get yourself a feeling of how devastatingly large those numbers are. There is absolutely no way a 1 in 4,12 * 10^130 event is ever going to happen.
    If that were to happen you had two choices.
    Either the games rng is not working properly and failing to represent the theoretical chance entirely or you are the most unlucky being in the universe. Which is more likely?

8. NoobGamersBerlin

As well we always need to keep in mind that it is mostly just a single mob type in the area. Means that it doesn’t matter if you kill 3000 or 30000 mobs at manshaums if you miss out the shaman which is dropping the pot piece only. In all that calculation you need to consider that it only is important for that single mob type. You can start now counting how many of them you really can kill in an hour on average. ;)

9. CompZilla

Level 10 node description is:

50% increase droprate but only 10% of the time - which 10% is this?! 1 second of every 10, 6 minutes of every hour?! Point is it's encouraging you to grind there for a long time in one sitting - overall it's a slight increase to droperate.

Droprates fluctuate and are not stationary

After killing 3 million(proof if necessary) Aakman mobs I know this for a fact!

I've finally figured out how, when and why.

Sorry but I'm keeping this one to myself:)

10. Helosh

this is just a joke from bdo 10% for 1-10 seconds wtf and this with dropsscroll + t9-t10 note +any other dropboost = 8hour farming with ( maybe ) a 1x good drop , this systhem need a buff NEEDET!?! if u know the lifeskilling is today buffet but not the grindingspots , this is waht the player missing ,and not a new map^^

11. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

I got 13 spectres, 1,3mio rona trash, 130 rona rings and then finally the part this monday. Supposed to be the easiest spot. Which makes sense with 30+ possible mobs in a rota that have half the normal respawn rate(like many spots have nowadays).

********. Absolute ********. If droprates did fluctuate you would see that on less rare items. One hour getting 120 ancientscrolls, the next only 40. But weirdly enough all items within reasonable dropchances are really stable in the dropamount.
    The only thing that spikes are rare things. 3 Distortions in 20min and then 15 hours nothing. That is simply the result of how low chances behave.
    In the case of scrolls you get to a large enough sample size for your empiric results(your actual drops) roughly matching your theoretical dropamount(mobkills*chance per kill). On rare items you get to those sample sizes only over days of grinding, which leads you to see patterns that do not even exist. Because at any giving grinding session the sample size you consciously create within the few hours is just too small to make a judgement.

It would be no secret to anyone if droprates were changing depending on time.

Also, 10% of the time..... means either they hardcoded every 10th mob for it to be applied or there is a 10% rng roll on every mobkill to apply it or not apply it. It does not mean "time" as in "time passing". It does not refer to a cycle of time applying it and then not applying it. How do you even get this idea?

12. CompZilla

Because the description states 10% of the time NOT 10% of mobs the 50% is the increased run droprate of the during the 10% of time. Read the description b4 spouting your garbage

It doesn't state which time the 10% is increased so like I said could be 1 second in 10, 6 minutes in 1 hour or all over the place. I have many 10 nodes as all I do is grind for 3 years. I've noticed an increase in droprates but you have to grind for quite a while for it to kick in. It would make sense for BDO to implement this and encourage more grinding as opposed to jump in a zone get your 50% increase then leave

What's your monster kills count? mines 3.85 million I probably know more about the nuances of droprates.

For example during the 50% droprate event and when they gave out 30+ lootscrolls I tested Aakman with no enhancements:

Over 2000 elites and 10000 other mobs 0 scrolls dropped this is impossible UNLESS they decreased droprate over that period.

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Rng is only fun when there is a fair economy.
    In your next game with rng just make sure the items can be traded for.

14. Myntiix

Always love to read these non sense threads.

Smileybones likes this.
  15. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Get over your language barrier. "10% of the time" does not imply anything regarding "time passage", it simply means 10%.

16. CompZilla

Point is like most things in BDO its vague and could pretty much mean anything they want it to

I can assure it's not as simple as 1 kill in 10 has 50% increase or 10 kills in 100 because a I've killed 1000s and not seen any increase.

On the other hand noticed after grinding over a longer period or time at certain points droprate increasing. Point is a huge amount of grinding has to be achieved to get full effect of node enhancement

This also is effected by BDO altering droprates for reasons I won't disclose

17. Stealthe

Stealthe SteaIthe Wizard 62 NA

Its what shitty about rng,it can never be proved one way or another,it will always be disregarded as just bad rng...after all,it isnt like PA to make mistakes,or hide things.

Fearless V likes this.
  18. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

It works simply as "every 10th mob has a 50% increased droprate". And you have "not seen any increase"? You really did not notice the droprate increasing from 0,0005% to 0,00075 on every TENTH mob??? Wow...

I call BS on unproved tinfoil-hat theory, especially with the added "it is that way, but I won't tell you why".

Tactic to get rare drops:
    Throw time at it and kill mobs, kill mobs, kill mobs... if it doesn't drop: kill some more mobs. (worked for me: Compass, Map, both pots and all Greater Marni's Stones here)

Tactic to get good items:
    1) Buy in the marketplace
    2) if (1) is unavailable, throw tries at it with corresponding failstacks until you have the item (worked for me: full pen C9 gear, full tet accs)

If you don't get the rare drop: grind more. If the item won't enchant: try again. Stop complaining about hard to get stuff and face the rng like everyone else did too... my best PEN was in 3 tries... my worst took 70. And I spent more than half a year with 3-12 hours of daily grind for the Marni's Stones alone. Brute forcing the rng is the only thing that reliably works!

19. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

The only thing I've noticed in all these years is that if I suspend the game for a period of a few days / months the rare drops (I don't do enough enchant to evaluate) increase, as if a variable of luck accumulates over time and obviously it downloads quickly, playing very assiduously this counter resets itself constantly giving the feeling of having a homogenous luck over time and not above the average, without a bonus that is felt because accumulated in more time, something similar to Agris to be clear.

20. Polymerizaiyan

just level up your rng, my first pen was 226 FS, now I´ve got infi pot, am carried, got 3 pens in a row below 10 attempts.