1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mirumok nerf

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WhySoSeeryus, Oct 31, 2018.

?

Who agrees on Mirumok nerf?

1. I strongly agree on the nerf

7.1%
  2. I agree on the nerf

4.1%
  3. I don't know

7.7%
  4. I somewhat disagree on the nerf

6.5%
  5. I strongly disagree on the nerf

74.6%
  1. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Not really, no longer you can solo them since you will run out of energy way to fast, just because "speed hackers" can make 6b/h does not mean normal people make a lot.

2. Kyronami

o m e g a l u l

Dreadhood and Mana_Mafia like this.
  3. Catastigma

45m/h to 35m/h its not a big deal... but MIrumok are still now less interesing that Fogan/Aakman.. for the simply reason that you have to find people..

Pearls abyss will understand one day? a Group-content have to be more profitable that solo content...

Now i return to my 40m/h active fishing. lul.

4. Gobarnachta

On average SMH players who have done it from start and have good boat gear can still pull 150mill/hr just because how often the "jackpot" 100 mill loot drops.. sure there are dry spells but even without the 100mill drop their hourly gain is more than any mirumok party was getting pre-nerf!

Ofcourse if you start a fresh you wont be hitting more than 30-40mill/hr unless you get lucky with RNG because you kill a lot slower but still for a fresh out starting something that is very nice gain so it is very very sad that a group content that was giving even near comparable silver gains was nerfed so quick where as solo sea "content" waited nerf for months and even after nerf is still best silver/hr ingame.

Obviously for SMH you have to deal with cancerous guild payout stuff and some tax etc but even with those deducted veterans of SMH will still earn twice as much as mirumok was this last week and now with Miru nerfed probably 3 times as much. And this with regular RNG.. if there is some lucky person out at sea he can make even more as it all depends on your average of 100mill drops adding to baseline you get with neidans.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  5. Retta

Agreed! me and my two friends found something we could do together and now it is gonna be gone..

6. Caldra

looks like the nerf was worse then expected. Varios only give one loot now. Killed 5 large trees and no 2 loot at all. So it changed the 40m/hr to about 20-30mil/hr. much lower than smh. you are better off at manshaums

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  7. Gobarnachta

Do PA dev monkeys have brains... they accidentally made a good design decision with mirumok changes and only a week after seeing that people actually like their change they look at it and say:
    "People are liking group grinding and making actual gains? Can't have that... Halt! Nerf hammer time!"

Yeah it is from current Pearl Abyss devs so we all have come to expect bad design choices from them. After all the good devs were set to work on xbox/mobile versions. But on the rare occasion when they do actually something correctly they want to "correct" it and burn it to the ground, just makes no sense.

:(

#27 Gobarnachta, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    Mana_Mafia likes this.
  8. Dardinell

Jup, 2200 to 1200 trashloot...gg this so dumb nerfing a decent group spot

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  9. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Did you even try it before talking bs?

Edremis and JeanJean like this.
  10. Valient

Valient Ninja 60 EU

well the belt drop rate increased, and the small mobs arent as dopey as before. hopefully that should speed it up a bit as well.

11. Gobarnachta

Yes.. the gains dropped a lot.. looked almost by a half but considering variance and only half an hour, I'd guess 30-40% drop off gains which means people will go elsewhere now and that group content will be dead as PA lead dev designer intended it to be.

12. Lystra

Lystra IaIatina Wizard 62 EU

I applaud this change, was getting worried i'll need to do the social stuff to be on-top with my gains. Huff, dodged. Can enjoy my MMO Singleplayer experience ♥.

13. SunHoYee

Well, to be honest, we were making from 50 to 60m hour just from trashloot, each of the 3 party member. Nerfing it by about half of it doesn't sound so bad to me; still need to test but probably will be around 30m of trahsloot for each party member now, with the chance of the valtarra. Doesn't sound so bad still, in fact, it makes more sense since now it will be about same income than other places but with a chance to be in party with friends. Still way better than any spot in Valencia, and more stable.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  14. Blitzball

It's a nice change. Now , time to nerf Gyfin ! :D

15. Kharognar

Mister " I am casual to do scrolls or grind due to no time , but i have hours & hours to waste trying to snipe mems while i make forum posts "

Luxea and GamePois0n like this.
  16. Gobarnachta

And when your friends rather go SMH or Hystria / Aakman will you go solo grind trees then or just abandon it as the dumb design choice pushes you to do?

17. SunHoYee

Now you have Valencia until you get better gear, then Manshaum for solo and Mikumok if you have ppl to go with. And for the high end-game, just go Hystria if your class can.

18. Escapism

Changing group content to make it much more valuable than any existing solo content unintentionally is not quite the same as changing it to make it equally or slightly more valuable than solo content. Its just way too difficult to make group content more valuable without overtuning it.

Imagine f.e. you would have to compare and factor in the grinding speed increase of 5 grouped players compared to the income of 5 solo players added together (f.e.: 5 grouped players could kill 25% more monsters in the same time than 5 solo players could at the same spot, due to more group buffs, more constant mob cc's and less downtimes, ect.), so instead of just giving the mobs at a 5 man grindspot 5x the loot & xp, you would give them f.e. 4x more loot & xp, to make it equally worthwhile to grind them in a 5 man grp compared to solo, or maybe 4.5x bonus to make grouping slightly more attractive than soloing.

But man thats way too much maths, im ashamed to say I even had to quickly grab a calculator for this simple hypothetical example, and the devs have definitely a lot of other more important things to do and calculate, like value pack sales and how to increase costume and pearl sales. Encouraging Group content wont generate any profit, possibly lowering it even, since players would f.e. need less pets if they could always grind in groups with fair/equal loot distribution, cant have that!

Gobarnachta likes this.
  19. D-text

Pearl Abyss and Kakao are even worse companys than Trion.

nerfing grind spot, cuz forcing people to play thier life skill or smh simulator is better.

God, i just cant wait anymore for new MMO...

20. D-text

if you make 60m(around 3,5k) from trash only, means you have 270+ AP all 3 of you, so whats the point farming there, when you can go hystria

#40 D-text, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2018
    Mido and Mana_Mafia like this.