1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Misleading Info Out There Re: Powerleveling Alts 1-56

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Grussgott, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Grussgott

I am a newer player that has finished my main character 1-50 through the entire Black Spirit main story line. I'm aware that I still have to get to 56 and the entire grind to grind up after that. My concern out there is the misinformation out there online regarding powerleveling alts. It is understandable that long time players can power level quickly alts 1-56 rather quickly but they never mention that it is very difficult for newer players to do this. You need to have many items including a powerful weapon, armor, XP boosts, etc. You can probably also buy some boosts with real money and some other things to help. But you need some time to establish your power to do this. That is hardly ever mentioned in the info out there. It would be nice for there to be a guide with steps out there for newer players to help with leveling alts quickly if possible. Not just established players that have uber gear and money to do it. Also, you would probably need a +15 for each class main weapon which can be very expensive if you want to level all ofnthenclasses available on your account. Can anyone please offer some advice? Thank you.

2. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

Hmmm, either you've misunderstood what powerleveling is, or my friends and I have misunderstood for over a year.

Powerleveling as I understand it, is simply partying up with one or more higher-level, better-geared players, then going to a grind spot with enemies much stronger than you'd normally be able to handle. Your other party members kill them all while you enjoy the shared EXP. The only thing you have to do is stay within range of your party members, and stay alive. You don't need any special gear or pearl shop items to do this. XP boost buffs are beneficial, but not mandatory. The only thing you need, is a higher-leveled, higher-geared friend in the game willing to party up with you.

3. Grussgott

Thank you so much for your kind response. I apologize for not being clear on the actual method that I meant. I was aware of the one you mentioned with friend. The other way I saw was the alts used uber gear and weapon from their main leveled up character. Then they activated a bunch of XP boosts and went to specific recommended areas to almost one shot mobs to power level quickly. There are many guides on this solo method which a newer player would have trouble with without getting stronger gear and weapons, especially for the actual alt class you wanted. Actually, your method is much easier but without a qualified friend willing to take the time it would be challenging. Just trying to look at other options.

4. XLucaX

Just sell everything you got at the start then buy your tri gear set including weapon. I made a new char a while back which also is a new account. All i did is sell everything i got as well as collected those daily gold. After about 30 days of playing, i ended up with full tri agerian yellow gears and tri liverto via marketplace. When i say sell, i mean watch the markets item prices then sell at the highests bidder.

Grussgott likes this.
  5. GM Ammy

Game Master

Hey there @Grussgott

There are different interpretations of what powerleveling is. In my opinion, both scenarios mentioned by you and @GnatGoSplat are methods of powerleveling as both allow a player to level up faster than the average speed of a new player and either can be beneficial.

Have a great day!

Grussgott and Chaos Ronin like this.
  6. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

@Grussgott are you referring to twinking out an alt to level it faster? If so, here are a few things you can do to help yourself:

Consumables:

*Milk Tea (can be crafted cheaply at Cooking Skilled 1 or purchased more cheaply than other xp foods like Simple Cron Meals)
    *Magic Crystals of Infinity - x2 Helmet Crystals (this can be out of stock). They give 10% xp per crystal. We semi-regularly get given Kydict's crystals which also provide a 10% xp boost per crystal so save these somewhere safe
    *Beasts Draught - give 20% Combat xp as well as other buffs. They get given out free regularly but you can buy them although pricey for a new account. Save these up for when you really need them.

Gear:

If you are a newer player, you probably don't have a lot of Advice of Valks put aside or a mountain of Black Stones for self enhancing. Personally I wouldn't waste silver trying to enhance a set of weapons up to DUO from +0 for an alt. I would do some farming on my main, sell what I get and purchase +15 green weapons. Going from +15 to DUO is fairly easy and inexpensive. Others will have a different opinion but this is just my experience.

Depending on what level your armour is at on your main character, use this for your alt. You don't really *need* a second set of armour to level an alt. If you have valuable crystals in your armour though that you don't want to risk on an alt or your armour isn't above PRI, consider going and farming up a set of Loures armour https://bdocodex.com/us/item/10994/ and Tree Spirit Whisper accessories https://bddatabase.net/us/item/11844/ These drop in the Calpheon region from Catfishmen up to Rhutums. I've use this on many alts. You will probably want to switch these out after lv 52 or so, but it will give you a chance to use some stable armour while you continue to level up your main set so you aren't wasting silver on a second set of armour early on.

Other:

Do the repeatable daily scrolls you can get off the Black Spirit. You'll get tokens you can trade in for Black stones (armour or weapon) or upgrade stones (to increase quality to blue or gold).

Don't grind on mobs that are too hard for you, it just isn't rewarding xp wise. You need to find the balance between good xp per mob and mob density/kill rate. If it's taking you several seconds per mob to kill, go somewhere easier. Don't waste time on grey or white mobs though. Try to keep in the red to green range.

I just edited this to say: if you are interested in other classes but not sure if you will play them long term and don't have much silver to waste, create the character using the Trial Characters system. You can test out a geared class of your choice without risking what you have

#6 Yulanda, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  7. Grussgott

Thank you all for your kind responses. All the info you provided is so helpful. This is one of the reasons I love this game so much. The community is one of the best I ever experienced. I hope to enjoy it here for years to come. All the best wishes to you all☺

8. The Gray Lady

One thing to remember: TRI weaps and armor can be pricey. If you have good armor, you can share it among your characters, saving quite a bit of silver. (I know that it's obvious, but sometimes we forget.) Then, for leveling an alt, don't worry about getting TRI everything. Just get the best weapons you can comfortably afford to throw away. I leveled my DK solely with +15 greens and didn't have any trouble at all up until my awakening quests, which a guildie helped out doing. Once you awaken the character, you can decide whether you're going to keep it and gear it up or if you're going to mothball the toon for later without spending tons of silver on gear you're not going to be using...

Once you have your gear, go kill things that are roughly 5 levels above you, give or take. If the map says 30-35, find an area with 35-40. Try to kill a couple. If they're red to you and go down easy, then there you go. I found that when I have decent +15 weapons, I can fight purple up to Marni's Lab (by Keplan) then reds from there.

Good luck to you.

9. BDOISBROKEN

That's not power leveling. That's simply being overpowered for that grind spot..... Why do new players complain about the game ?? If you're new you're not going to catch up to a player who has 800 days on the server... it's just fact.

10. Corrus

If you on NA and need some vitamine I can powerlvl you

11. Amazebals

Say what now?

12. Darlgon

He hasn't gotten high enough to get power slammed in open world PVP even if he isnt flagged.D:<

Sounds like you are new to MMOs, Grussgott.

Just for future reference, in general when players say "power leveling" they mean:

Grouping a level 2 with a group of level 60 characters and using the XP from kills of level 60 mobs (NPCs) to level from 2-60 very quickly. With the poor way grouping XP works in this game, its not as attractive here as in most games. (Your XP actually get penalized for grouping. I grouped with a player 10 levels above me and actually got no XP from their kills.)

As another poster mentioned, what you are describing is commonly called "twinking", giving a low level character (alt usually, but sometimes a guidlie, depending on the game) massively over powering gear and letting them hack their own way in the world. (In this game, you cant twink guidlies, only alts with gear from higher levels or from the market.)

13. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

@Grussgott
    If you like to save some money regarding weapons you can also make the quests regarding the black abyssal main weapon and / or katan awakening weapons...they are as far as i remember on somewhat between +15-DUO regarding stats. as offhand you can take those dim amgical ones you can get through storyline or just buy cheap green ones. also don't forget that some classes share some main / offhand weapons, so you can easily transfer them (e.g witch + wizard mainhand+ offhand and ranger also takes the offhand or kunoichi, ninja and tamer have the same main weapon but only kuno and ninja share the same offhand etc)

katan awaking is something you can get from the black spirit while doing the Valencia1 Questline (you get it as box with every char you do the quest)

Black abyssal was as far as i remember a questline regarding the general's accessoires and the part 3 of it i think where you need to battle in the arena of altinova...for that weapon you can get a stone to transfer it back to a box, if you like to try out new chars with different main weapons

Depending on where you grind and which buffs you take it still gets done in a pretty okay'ish pace.
    e.g if you just use the 2 daily buffs that you can take at lvl 15 and have 1 higher level player level you e.g. at nagas you can easily get 56 or 57 in an hour. on the other hand group-spots like miru suck at getting below 50 chars up but shine after 56+ (3man party and 2 leechers in this miru case)

xp gets penalized, yh. 60% xp ina 2-man party and 50% in 3-5 people parties.
    none gets loot with a 10 or more level difference in a party, but no xp? that doesn't sound right^^
    which spot are you talking about

#13 Rising_Chaos, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  14. Nicknero1405

Nicknero1405 Lanayru Witch 62 EU
    Ambassador

I'm wondering why a completely new player would want to powerlevel in the first place.
    The main story and early game quests are specifically designed to teach you many mechanics and features of the game. If you skip them all and want to go straight to level 56, then you're going to ask a lot of questions how things work because you never learned it.

This game is very overwhelming and complicated for new players, because it has so many features and things to do that all need specific instructions.

The reason why powerleveling, or in general leveling up faster with already established gear, is considered better for experienced players is because they are already experienced, and thus already know how everything works. They just want to create a new character and quickly reach the same or higher levels than their already existing characters.

Phoenixxx75 and Smileybones like this.
  15. Megta

Megta Archer EU

This is what bugs me too.
    A new player who just reached level 50 with his first char asks questions about powerleveling his alts?
    Myabe he should just level and build his first char before thinking of alts.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  16. Stillwaters

As some others have mentioned getting the black abyssal weapon is a great tool to give to alts,with a repeatable question so it can be swapped to any main hand weapon.

Also make sure to grind a set of asula accesories they are decent accessories that can be given to alts while leveling.

Also if you grind sausans,helms theres a chance at armor and weapon drops that are already enchanted.

Its possible to get an entire set of grunil or heve at +15 from these spots,and you can give them to alts.

And if you dont need the money or the stones ,keep these sets for a future investment in your enchantment journey.

Also this part should be a bit further down the road but a quick grind at wandering rogues can get you enough trash drops to purchase an ap offhand for any class.And with enough supplies you could enchant several of them in your spare time up to +14 and use them as fail stacking items.

Then if you decide to roll an alt wit that particular offhand weapon just pop some more enchants on it and get it to pri/duo and use it.

Trust me ive leveld quite a few alts and have tried to optimize it so I spend as little as possible on them.

61 wiz,58 witch,59;kuno,sorc,archer;56+ DK,tamer,ranger,maewha,musa,mystic,zerker.oh and new main 59lahn

Phoenixxx75 and Smileybones like this.