1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moderation!!!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Dellecross, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Dellecross

Please add some sort of moderation into the chat. If you don't have the staff capacity to do it, appoint trusted community members (by observation, achievements, feedback etc)

It's borderline impossible to do anything useful in the chat (i.e. gather information, ask about anything etc)

The most harmless issues include, but aren't limited to:
    • Guild recruitment spam (when 8-10 spammers do it at the same time it's impossible to get any answers to my questions)
    • Usual trolling - it's nothing new, but it gets repetitive and the offenders are usually the same
    • Ayaya - and other ASCII artists. This is just frustrating.
    And the stuff that really bothers me is
    • Racism
    • Sexism
    • Hate speech
    • Violence instigation
    • Terrorism threats
    • Drugs promotion
    Many of the points above are a reason for an extensive communication bans in any decent community while some of these points are a valid reason for a permanent ban or even account suspension.

You can't have chat be without moderation, the audience includes kids and in many EU countries what I listed above isn't just shunned upon, it's straight illegal. I ask you to wake up and start taking action.

2. JustAWeeb

JustAWeeb JustAWeeb Tamer 61 EU

You can always report such users via a ticket, if reported proper actions will be taken.

3. Ben Phoenix

Yes, you can report, but having a moderator online would be much better.

Yumine, ODB3698 and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  4. Graugus

What they should do is put a timer on how many messages can be sent out in a 5 minute time frame outside of private messages and make it cost 10 energy per 10 words. This in itself would stop a lot of what we are seeing.

You can't put a character flag dynamic in a game like BDO because people would be reporting people based on getting killed by PvPers/Flaggers/Karam bombers.

There are a lot of dumb ass people in this game, you be surprised what they would and wouldn't support (Mapping anyone?).

5. Vortexii

I don't know what your talking about. These are the same people that are given access to freely harass others in open world PVP. If you think "words" have an impact, they shouldn't you can ignore them. Try giving them more abusive and toxic controls like the ability to massively disrupt your game play.

But I mean come on! It's a PVP game that would NEVER HAPPEN.

6. Findubar

7. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

We dont believe you. We're gonna need to see some proof. Name redacted of course, wouldn't want to "name and shame".

Perhaps you can shock the CM's into caring. Flood the thread if necessary, whats everyone got?

Screen shots or it didn't happen :p
    I cant participate cause, unfortunately nothing iv seen bothers me. So..Kinda hard for me to post offensive stuff if im not offended huh?

#7 Kynreaa, Apr 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  8. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

SS or never hapened.

9. Ben Phoenix

Speak for yourself. The in game chat is constantly full of s*** and you know it. Unless you disabled it or you can't read.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Seems people are having a hard time pulling up "name and shame"less evidence (means without the names, or redacted screen shots)..Not a peep. I dont have it off, But i do have it minimized to only show one line at a time in its own window...Ya know, for my buddy Justin Case.

11. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Sorry, but OP its another person who refuse to use chat filters and instead he want people be silenced for him.

12. Beeso

*Op looks at game chat*

[​IMG]

*I look at game chat*

[​IMG]

*Ben Phoenix looks at game chat*

[​IMG]

*Kynreaa looks at game chat*

[​IMG]

*Kakao looks at game chat (in secret)*

Then in public

[​IMG]

#12 Beeso, Apr 21, 2020
  13. Ben Phoenix

There's a reason if you can also report people... It's because you can. The fact that you don't mind a shitty chat doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to think in the same way as you. I'm glad you enjoy that crap, thing is that, among some brainless jokes that you can easily ignore, there are also conditions for a ban according to PA/Kakao's policy so yeah, up to the GM's to decide if some of that crap deserves a ban or not.

#13 Ben Phoenix, Apr 21, 2020
  14. Achille

For the people who uses ASCII on the chat there could be a solution which consists in reducing the energy bar to zero directly on all the characters account and which slows down the energy progression more slowly during a duration of one day.
    All the items effects boosts energy will not apply in the bar except quests.
    This system could be create quite simply.

#14 Achille, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  15. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

U know, they can just change file type so you can save ASCII's in chat filter,

16. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Chat filters are a thing, reporting is a thing (if you are that offended/shocked/triggered etc.)
    If I see something I don't like in the chat I filter it out. I have filtered almost all recruitment messages via chat filter keywords.

Why do people always jump to ask for carpet censoring of everyone instead of filtering stuff they dont like first? I don't get that.
    If its something that obviously breaks ToS - report it and thats it (assuming it bothers you).

We can't even tell a joke nowadays w/o someone, somewhere being offended about something.
    Filter out things you don't like and report the things you believe are crossing the line. If you put like 15-20 mins in setting up filters your chat experience will be infinitely better in the end.

Lady Arisha and JustAWeeb like this.
  17. Lady Arisha

Lady Arisha Mystic 61 EU

https://akamai-webcdn.kgstatic.net/renewal/static/images/img_pegi.png

Not our problem if the kids are playing. Blame their parents.

Also if they appoint ''trusted'' members of the community as a chat mod, then we never gonna be able to use Shai and Knees in the same sentence and probably gonna get banned for 15 days like it happens in Reddit. No player should have any power over anything releated to the community. The tools exist for you to take your own action against the stuff you dont like.

My advice would be either stop getting offended by stuff in a global chat, use the tools given to you or do what I did; completedly disable any chat that isnt Normal, Whisper, Guild and Party chat. Any other chat is absolutely useless and doesnt contribute to anything. Problem solved.

Keep your social justice to yourself. Thank you.

#17 Lady Arisha, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    v.klishev likes this.
  18. Ben Phoenix

The tools like what? Reporting? Sure. Stop being jerks guys: if you don't get offended it doesn't mean other people don't have to either. If you are fine with that chat well, enjoy but you can't ask other people to accept whatever **** some idiots write there. Life doesn't work like that, sorry. Some moderation into the chat would be great, hopefully we will get at that point one day. =)

Again: PA/Kakao have policies about the chat, deal with it.

19. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Thing is we are dealing with it by our own actions and we don't need a mod to do that for us. We have the tools to moderate what appears on our screens ourselves, it is really not hard at all.
    People that ask for that on the other hand...

20. Ben Phoenix

I couldn't care less about how cool you guys think you are: there are policies, you can report, what's fine for you might be wrong for someone else, it's how life works. A moderator would help in some cases, it's nothing new in MMO's.

Anyway: up to the GM's to decide when someone reported deserves a ban, not you: deal with it.