1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Money grinding: Which class to pick?

Discussion in 'PvE' started by heroicfish, May 6, 2017.

1. heroicfish

Hello,

So currently I'm at an impasse. I've sort of stopped caring about every class in the game until they tease/release whatever this next class will be that's coming after striker. That said, now I'm just kind of focusing on building up a bunch of money and resources so that when they are teased I can either decide if I'll pick that, or if I'll just settle for one of the other classes I already enjoy but am not nearly as hyped for. I've already got workers going, but now I need to pick between two (or three, if the third is just much better) of the other classes I've gotten to 56 to start trying to do some money grinding. Those options are Tamer, Kunoichi, and POSSIBLY Witch.

Basically, I'm wondering if anyone who has played both tamer and kuno could tell me which of the two would be better for this? Or, I suppose, if Witch is just much better than the other two? I don't have as much interest in maining a witch, so that's why it's sort of a last choice because if one of the other two classes can do well with money grinding then I don't really want to waste the effort and money into a witch that I don't actually want to main.

My biggest interest lies in kuno because I'd like to PvP with one someday too and would main one if the other class falls through, but so far from my limited experience their weapons seem to break fast while grinding, and tamer seems to be better in more mob dense areas? The best place I've gotten to for money so far is Helms, though, so my "money grinding" experience isn't on the high end yet. Are kunos possibly better in less dense areas? Or does the fact their weapons break so fast end up making them less efficient? Or am I doing something wrong if my weapon is breaking so fast? I think I read somewhere that it's because of them having so many hits on their skills - are there ways to counter this to make them more efficient?

Or..are witches just so much better that if I want to just make money for now I should put some resources into her instead?

Apologies for the length of this too - I'm just trying to figure out what direction to head in since I don't spend too much time grinding per day and would like to make it as lucrative as possible for when I do.

2. Auroraborealis89

There is absolutely no doubt that Witch is THE premier grinder in the game. Its hands down MASSIVELY overshadowing every class in grinding and pvp, only Dark Knight can hold a candle to the grinding speed of Witch. Tamer is also considered a top tier grinder since the pet can aggro an additional mob of enemies helping the player clear faster, but their AoE radius is obviously smaller than a Witch. My best friend plays this game with me everyday, and she rolled a Witch. I play a Kuno, and its just insane how much faster her Witch can grind compared to me. Many people consider Kuno the worst class in the game, i'd honestly probably reroll to Witch if my friend wasn't already playing it. Idk I just think 2 Witches rolling around would get kinda dull, and I like to be a special snowflake. I've also always played Ninja stealth classes in all mmo's so i'm sticking it out, just cus i'm stubborn and get attached to a particular play-style.

If you wanna wipe mobs super fast, its no contest.. I cant even begin to elaborate how ridiculous the Witch damage is... Once you experience the Witch damage, you will be left with little understanding why anyone would play any other class...

I'd also like to add, Witch doesnt show her true OP super #360noscope 1 shot, pop lock and drop it, all about that bass no treble, BOSS HOSS, gangnam style damage till she has her awakening.

#2 Auroraborealis89, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    PrintMage and heroicfish like this.
  3. heroicfish

damn, i wasn't expecting to be told they're both no contest compared to the witch :oops:

but I guess if witch is really that much stronger I may as well, since I'm just in it for the money for now.. ;s

4. PrintMage

PrintMage Ironhandfifth DarkKnight 61 NA

Yep, witch/wiz is what you got. they just AOE everything down and walk away like the cool guy who didn't look at the explosion.

I main DK with a wiz for my ult and can just farm away just about anything Wiz was way faster than DK but I love my DK.

fullelimination likes this.
  5. Helga_Hufflepuff

I play 61 witch and 57 wiz.... if you don't ever wanna carry pots these classes are the way to go as well

#5 Helga_Hufflepuff, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    Stillwaters and PrintMage like this.
  6. tntpop

Any real difference in the way they play or are they exactly the same? And if so which to you prefer?

7. Blitzball

Witch is more ranged than Wiz

8. heroicfish

well ty everyone for replies - I just decided to do witch for now, since the others seem really subpar for just straight income :p

9. Judgementos

Witch is solid for mob grinding in mass. the best class for like skill grinding like skinning is hands down Valkyrie. Most time efficient class when it it comes to time and life skills(blood,meat,skin). Reason: air suction to 1 spot, 1 shot teleport then life skill without moving. repeat, repeat, repeat

10. 6footgeeks

witch/wiz/musa/DK/zerker

Personally i have a witch for sausans and a zerker for pila ku.

Witch/Wiz have possibly the best grinding speed, their mobility is good enough in crowded spots like pirates/sausans, and their ability to pull extra mobs greatly boosts their grind potential

DK and musa are especially great for spots with more spacing between mobs. Gahaz, Pila, centaurs, etc

Zerker has great mobility through lava piercer, slightly lower damage, but is THE ABSOLUTE BEST class to contest grindspot with the karma system we have here. Zerker is fast enough grinder to outgrind most lower geared/leveled karma greifers and for those that actually pose a threat, Zerker has 4 grabs including a grab that holds one in place to allow for a nearly 30 second CC chain, enough to get most potential greifers offed by mobs.

heroicfish and LeWaffles like this.
  11. Tankin

Witch/Wizard/DK are the best grinders. Everything else blows.

12. kamik0z

Og only pve moneyfarm then musa is a god aswell :)

13. heroicfish

well I mean I want at least minimal enjoyment from them too
    :o

Lord_Qin likes this.
  14. kamik0z

Musa is fun for a while. But pve grind in general is kinda the same

Zit likes this.
  15. Helga_Hufflepuff

I got my Wiz to 59 I am loving it over the witch... Witch does have a bigger long range than a wiz...however my wiz clears way faster than my witch in pve..... PvP standpoint the wiz is better at 1v1 due to aqua jail versus equilibrium strike skills.... both are good but I'm winning more 1v1's on wiz versus my witch. Oh and the wiz black spirit rage 100% is better than the witches as well in pvp. It's fun seing 5 people die in Nodewars from your blackspirit rage ult.

16. Shuraiya Murrill

Hmm interesting post I have 1 character slot left but couldn't decide what class to fill her up with. Should be a crazy breeze to lvl it up to 56 with my already upgraded Grunil armor set plus the Oliva server exp boost

Xeno-Fire and Stillwaters like this.
  17. Rilez

Rilez Archer 62 NA

Musa has the best AoE grind pre and post awakening so in my opinion he is very good with grinding, especially in parties (This is probably a bit biased as I play Musa, however he's good in pve)
    But I agree with everyone else at the same time, Witch/Wizard do seem to be best all round class and also seems they are great at grinding.

18. Ioci

For me the money maker is a 49 locked Maehwa. Once you math the amount of turn in items needed in the 51 to 56 mob groups and how long it takes to obtain the higher stack requirements you start to see that money isn't obtained any faster, even slower if you don't meet gear requirement to farm those mobs one shot style.

You get relic shards from Saunil, primal Giants, Rhutum, Mansha, treant and Hexe and the turn in volumes are usually in the realm of 100 = 100K or 1000 per mill. They all have item drops that net 150-500K on the MP and they seem to have better spawn rates. With a 49 lock you never leave optimal loot level and can farm them for as long as you are inclined.

I average 5-8 mill an hour on a locked Maehwa. The down side, you won't really ever see those potential 30 mill hits like a Shultz necklace but they aren't abundant enough to include when doing silver runs. All those spots also drop boss scrolls and a Maehwa can make short work of a pre Awakened boss scroll. She chews through Ogres quite easily as well if you need a break in routine.

19. Virukin

Witch/Wiz and DK are the best Karma bombing classes. They dont give a damn if someone is grinding a rot. They roll up guildless and just have at it with their 100 ap and farm faster than 200 ap ninjas or maehwas <3

20. Mystline

Witch Wizard but i prefer Dark Knight because come on their beautiful. Also would you rather look at a guy butt for hours on end or a females that should help you solve that