1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Monster damage

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GreyRebel, Sep 3, 2018.

1. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

Hi ,
    i have a question on monsters ap ,
    Ive read somewhere and heard from people , that monster damage is damage against all mobs in pve (monster , humen , demihumen)
    So is that true?
    Thank you

2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

3. Noble One

monster is mobs of pve and species is everyone including players.

GreyRebel likes this.
  4. GreyRebel

I have another question , sonetimes enchantments says like all ap up or all dp up , do u kbow much much does it boost ap ?

5. Mimimimi

check the market

6. GreyRebel

U didnt get the question mybe , i asked the enchantment effects , wich says all ap up , but doesnt say the percent or number

7. GabeCake

What he's saying is check the market and go one level above your current enhancement level and you can see how much the "ap up" is just by looking at the damage increase. It's +8 on dande.

By my understanding, all species is things like buildings, towers, etc. Doesn't affect mobs at all - I could be wrong, but that is my understanding of it..

Also - When it says "damage" opposed to "extra ap" the damage written isn't 1:1 to ap. I think anything labeled damage is about ~0.7 ap, whereas "extra ap against x" is 1:1.

So:
    12 Monster Damage = ~8-9 ap
    12 Extra ap against x = 12 ap.

Can't remember who told me this, could be ********, just what i was told by a reliable source.

#7 GabeCake, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    GreyRebel likes this.
  8. GreyRebel

9. GabeCake

Yes - It's just saying "the next level you go up, you ap will go up to" etc.

GreyRebel likes this.
  10. GreyRebel

Tnx

11. SunHoYee

yes

GreyRebel likes this.
  12. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

The part regarding structures like towers is wrong. The damage against siege structures is a category of its own (see Trina axes for example).

Tests have shown the All Species damage to apply to pretty much all monsters and players as well in a 0.75 ratio.
    Monster AP initially was tested to be applying in 1:1 ratio against all monsters and excluding players. Later tests made after renown changes and other adjustments found out that the 1:1 ratio doesn't seem to be consistent at all places (no idea for the reason behind that).

GreyRebel likes this.
  13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

The "all ap up" is still a relict of when we had hidden stats. Some weapons have additional effects like extra monster dmg, extra human dmg which also increase during enhancement, but those stats were hidden like half a year ago.

GreyRebel likes this.
  14. ambyentlight

I'm quite sure it was once said 1 monster ap = .5 actual ap against pve mobs.

GreyRebel likes this.
  15. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

That was a result that Shiny got when testing after renown was implemented. The thing was the ratio seemed to vary from spot to spot and was not consistent, but did show that it was no longer a 1:1.

What changed since then is anybody's guess. Unless a new batch of tests was made that i kinda missed :D

GreyRebel likes this.
  16. Escapism

+Monster AP -> basically 1:1 same as regular AP but only PVE, with some exceptions and unknown other factors (especially at very high gs/renown) where this ratio falls off. Like regular AP this counts towards the AP cap at lower grindspots. As mentioned above, the only testresults on this so far were from bigandshiny some time ago, but in most cases and for most players monster AP can be seen equal to regular AP, except it doesnt give you renown.

+X Species dmg -> Adds randomly 70-100% of the extra species dmg as AP to your attacks when fighting this species (each hit), no matter if pvp or pve (all player characters count as human race, including giants or rangers, even though there is a "giant" npc race). This means that f.e. +10 human species damage add randomly +7 - 10 AP to all your attacks against human mobs or players, on average thats 8.5 so we generally just say its 85% as effective as regular AP. This bypasses grindspot AP caps.

With the introduction of renown, both of those have lost a lot in value. Up the to point where at a certain gearscore, using nouver can become better than kutum in pve even if you're trading 58 monster ap for just ~10 more base ap, but it can get you into a higher renown tier getting +40 more AP bonus and some other stats.

There is some distinction in the game between "Magic AP", "Melee AP" and "Ranged AP", this is an old relic from early stages of the game, but is still being used and visible on many class skills and passives. F.e. witch/wiz, tamer or sorc deal "magic damage". The classes have highly different base DP against different types of damage. "All AP up" in the tooltips of weapons or "All DP up" in the descriptions for armors just mean that they increase AP/DP for all those damage types equally (which would otherwise be completely unbalanced design), but you can still find f.e. green or blue quality gems that f.e. add "+2 Magic DR".

GreyRebel and Aiwen like this.
  17. GreyRebel

Tyvm for explaining ^ω^

GM Haliaeetus likes this.