1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More details are out on the Seasonal Server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LeCordonBleu, Mar 6, 2020.

1. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

What happen if you already have full max slot full of 60 after the saison end?There will be a way to transfer wealth without transfering the character?

2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well it seems like you can only create a character for the server if you have an open character slot and that character with its gear is converted. Everything else probably not. I don't think there will be a way to convert wealth as they don't aim the seasonal servers at players that just want to generate wealth but more at new players that only play 1-2 months at most so they get a chance to catch up a bit.

3. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

"If open character slot".hmm...
    IF the devs introduce objectives with special rewards like capotia for lv-up objective then it is stupid as people would want to do it.
    An another char tab like "trials character" would be more welcomed because it wont lock you to do this content(yes it is content moreso if devs add-up special rules with additionnal rewards to spice-up things on subsequent season).

4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

The reason why you have to have a character slot is because the character is transferred to normal servers. Again it is not supposed to be content for veterans and is basically only a catch up mechanic. You won't have any special objectives for it.
    The sole purpose for those servers is to give new players a quick start into the game.

5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Hmm... even tho it makes sense I am not sure how much of a help it really is. People will still have to get new gear set and upgrade it from zero. They basically have a backup set which is reachable quite fast nowdays already anyway.

6. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well if you start out with gear equivalent to tet bossgear/tri accessories, it will certainly help new players to grind or even start participating in pvp.

LeCordonBleu likes this.
  7. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

I mean it depends if you can caphra it but since enhancing is not possible I guess caphras as not possible either (cause c20 and stuff). I didn't check it but I believe tri accessoires with tet wpns and tet armor has less stats than a trial? DP fore sure, AP not sure.

8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

should be 253 ap and 297dp plus bartali ap/dp

Kauni likes this.
  9. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Ye I find that bit too low... should have give people like nowadays softcap. Full tet (with accessories), c4 caphra on everthinyg (no extraction possible after "transfer") + "vell".

10. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

That was my first thought tho but your answer misled me.Still that dont change what i stated and need to be thought out before releasing the content.
    I know what its "supposed" to be but as OP stated devs added objective,getting a pen capotia is a good reward for newcomer and vets alike.Devs stated it was primarly for catch-up but they add-up stuff as a side content for everyone.Irrelevant if it is healthy for the game or not,dev can still change their mind to propose different objectives/challenge with varying degrees of difficulties and that is the "original" purpose of a season system.

11. Vanadiel

Yes another attempt on generating revenue by trying to suck in more players.
    Character level means nothing in this game. Gear is everything. And for that you need a lot of RNG luck, a lot of in game silver, a CC with a high limit, or a combination of those 3.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  12. LeCordonBleu

Oh wow. How low have we fallen to now criticize PA for wanting to raise their player count. And allow me to clarify something for you: the seasonal server is a catch-up mechanism for gear, not level.

Kauni likes this.
  13. Stabby

My biggest concern is having access to stuff I already bought. Like pets and tent. But in 2020 I think this is long overdue. Players need to catch up and we need more balance in the gear gap.

LeCordonBleu likes this.
  14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

But you won't get a pen capotia. Where did you get that from?

15. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

So giving a way for new players to easily reach tet bossgear/tri yellow accessories is bad?

16. dobe

dobe Lahn 60

17. Sparzy

So if this is a way to get new players tri/tet gear for nothing/no work like we did, what is the point of minor weapons and gear in quests, makes them all pretty useless.

If the game was ridiculously easy to lvl and get top gear we prolly wouldn't play.

TucoRamires and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. LeCordonBleu

It's not reasonable to expect new players to spend 2~3 years catching up to the veterans. A lot of MMORPG's have seasonal wipes to prevent such large gaps from developing between players. Since BDO is refusing to adopt such mechanics (thank God), they need a different way of catapulting the newer players to closer-proximity of the veterans than the current game allows them.

The introduction of BDO's seasonal server will inevitably, when the first batch of newbies graduate from it, help liven up the pvp scene of BDO. They will of course have to continue progressing before they can compete versus the top players but at least we won't have people getting "literally" one shotted from a single skill.

AZzalor likes this.
  19. Vinxena

We won't have pets in seasonal server? Are we suppose to stop and manually pick up loot?

20. LesserHellspawn

That gear is too high and it will hurt in the long run. The TRI set we're probably about to receive for 4th anniversary is as high as I would go on this. Even when a new player realizes he has to go for new gear from scratch after conversion to get higher, it is less severe at TRI, that one is pretty easy. At the same time TRI allows you to progress pretty far in PvE. TET is much harder to get.

TucoRamires and Sparzy like this.