1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More details are out on the Seasonal Server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by LeCordonBleu, Mar 6, 2020.

1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well it was stated that you won't be able to use anything from your storage/mp or other characters. Not sure if that also applies to pets/tent, but i don't think you'd have to buy them again.

2. woots

they will certainly not prevent all the p2w help you can get from the CS, or else that would be the very first time in their history that PA do something for the game only and not because $$$$$$$ player drain.

and preventing players to use pet would be totaly absurd tho

TucoRamires likes this.
  3. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Well we already have confirmation that stuff like artisans can also be used there.

But tbh, the big money comes when you go for higher gear anyways (pen/tet acc). Getting new players there quickly instead of making them quit before they even get there is a clever move to get more money from players.

Fearless V likes this.
  4. woots

obviously, that's PA, they do because it will help them drain money

5. Sparzy

Just take away pvp except from designated areas or instances and it'll be fine

6. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Well, I think that they precisely want new players to experience the full BDO system without mixing naked newcomers and geared veterans, which was the mistake they previously made with Olvia.

With that, everyone is starting from the same point (player's knowledge aside, obviously), there's even less reason to remove open world pvp.

7. Stabby

You have one of the most unstable games post launch in the gaming industry. And now you want to pack everyone into single servers? Keep dreaming. Kakao won't allow that.

8. Vanadiel

Yes, because you and I know that is not enough. PEN boss gear and TET accessories is what you need at this point in time.

9. Vanadiel

How far does it allow you to catch up? PEN, or TET?
    I got $5 on TET, because that way you will want to reach PEN and that is going to take a lot of time or a fair amount of CC cash.

You did not think they made this catch up mechanic out of the goodness of their heart, did you?
    They have made several catch up mechanics in the past, and they all are made for the same reason: revenue.

10. Vinxena

PEN Capotia Earring or Ring

Very interested in this. I certainly don't have this kind of gear on my main account. Time to pick which class I'll have as a double.

11. Synthesis_Window

Not sure I like the idea of making TET trivial. It's something I am working hard on as a new player to get full. The game already is giving out so much someone brand new day 1 can skip half the grind spots.

I don't want to double up on a class and feel forced to get the rewards on a separate server, I'd rather it be some event on normal ones. I thought it was meant to be a marathon, already full tri is a joke, the thrill of upgrading slowly to TET should at least be something. That's not even too hard with all the +100 and scrolls they give out.

No-ones saying you should play 3-4 years, but in 2 months I am nearly 235 tet kutum and will be 240s in about another month.

Unless they plan for dead god armor etc, to be a lot better but even PEN is something I think no-one should expect they deserve, it should be a rare bonus. TET is pretty much end game for most players, just handing it over I think is eliminating the fun of any grind.

#51 Synthesis_Window, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
    TucoRamires and AZzalor like this.
  12. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

This seasonal servers sounds interesting. I might have to try it out once it hits NA. This actual for once sounds fun. I didn't think PA knew the meaning of fun for the non-whales or non-24/7/365 players.

13. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

Sounds like a good idea, this game needs some serious ketchup mechanics.

LeCordonBleu likes this.
  14. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Shows that you don't play the game. That's only pretty much needed for siege and even there you can do ok with tet boss and tri accessories.
    In nodewars you really don't need more at all. I don't have a single pen and my only tet acc is a narc and i still do very well in nodewars being under the top 3-5 usually when we have players in the guild being 600+gs.

Maybe you actually should learn how to play your class in certain situations so you don't have to only rely on gear?

15. Ashaara

Hard work in this game is absolutely relative. The sentence -hard work always pays off- maybe works in real life, but its irrelevant for this game. If i wouldn't do the big brain move to just buy all those PENS from the market i would still sit here after 4 years trying to enchant something to Tet...

Having such a catch up mechanic is very nice, because that means those devs finally recognised that this game is in a HUGE need of more progress, otherwise everyone sooner or later is leaving the game because its boring bla bla ba.
    In order to make more progress (for example: higher enchantment levels, raising the soft level cap, new weapons and armors like they always did since the start of the game)
    They are doing this for the future of the game (yes they are very very very slow with that and its pretty obvious that they just want our money), which are plenty new areas, with plenty new mobs. They want to create a HUGE independent world in which everyone can have somewhat fun.

In the future we are going to have areas where you need 500 or even more Ap. Where PEN Items are just a joke and very easy to get etc etc, but in order todo that they need to bring in mechanics where people are actually able to get them. This seasonal stuff is probably not going to be there forever and is going to be absolutely unneccesary after several seasons, when literally every player has TET Stuff. If that gear gap is closed they can finally bring in more progress to the game.

Of course that is a f**** weird approach of game design, but that is completely their fault designing this game like that.

#55 Ashaara, Mar 8, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  16. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

The reassuring thing about is that even on those servers, you won't get the stuff for free. In 3 months you still have to go and make everything yourself without mp and without selling costumes on mp for silver.
    I doubt that, except you invest tons of time into this season server over its duration, you will reach the special gear to pen easily.