1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More P2W coming soon boys! Get your wallets ready!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by NotHero, Sep 15, 2017.

1. LinaCrysta

Zegry is Bae XD

2. CreepingCthulhu

you seem to miss main pirate problem - huge amount of raw silver drops.

3. RoakOriginal

Both are important, since the paying one provides out of game capital for game to run and playing one provides enviroment and ingame capital for the former... ****ing one or the other is ****ing the game up... You need to please both types to keep the flowing income and healthy enviroment...

Whales without plankton to live off will just starve as time goes by... And game without whales wont evolve, since their business model sucks balls... So some healthy balance is needed... Unfortunately we have yet to see any attempts to achieve it, since every patch is more and more milking with barely any issues bein addressed...

4. CreepingCthulhu

both of those are not p2w.
    100$ for item is p2w

on the other hand i agree, with all my tolerance towards current cash shop, these premium tent items are a bit too much.

#64 CreepingCthulhu, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  5. RoakOriginal

Well.. There are worse posters than him... Columba is just poor attempt for a troll in his seek for attention... It can be annoying but there aint much he can contribute with so he at least tries (and fails) to be funny... Can be annoying but its more sad imo... On the other hand there are people like Luxienna which are straight out harmful for others with the sheer amount of ******** they bring into conversation...

But yeah... There is a lot of focus on "polite" speech, but none on the actual content of those posts... hence why people like those can run rampart...

6. woots

AHAHAH, THE perfect exemple of : Pay or be inconvenienced / p2w.

You still pay to get /save silver, the convertion rate doesnt please you, but you still exchange irl money for in game money : P2W.

Since many cash shop """bonus""" grant you a far better silver income in the game, and you either have the market, or the night vendor, then you can buy the best gear you can find way way much faster than others non cash shop user.
    On top of having more silver for any upgrade attempt => gear upgrade at faster rate than others players.

In this situation only you pay to -win the gear upgrade- way faster, unless very very good luck non cash shop user is left behind.

That's a less obvious p2w than -directly buy PEN upgrade for your item-, but that's still is.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=p2w
    Pay To Win. when you are paying for advantage which normal players don't have access to unless they either pay too or will have to grind very long (weeks and months).

#66 woots, Sep 15, 2017
    Tvvin and Yukiko1 like this.
  7. CreepingCthulhu

i have over 2 bil in cash.
    it doesnt help me to get dim tree, that im tryuing to buy for 3 months already.
    and current conversion rates are not really paytowinny, as you you need from 300 to 500kk to enhance yellow gear for tri and lot more for tet, and you still have to farm those fragments.

8. woots

I will add, that, that particular transation will not make you rich in game, but add all the bonus together
    - maidS
    +
    - max weight for longer grind time -> no stop grind time
    -VP ( market taxe reduction + loot boost )
    -CP free worker - stable - storage
    - outfit selling
    - artisant memory
    - max inv + dur reduction for tons of fishing
    - coupon exhange for extra in game bonus on your cash shop outfit
    - all horses cash shop item to get the best horse possible
    - house furniture to spam bank stuff

and i certainly forget many things, add that together, and will see how very big the money saving / making i very important compare to the not cash shop user.

xD

#68 woots, Sep 15, 2017
  9. WaifuJanna

WaifuJanna WaifuJanna Witch EU

they should add an currency exchange like gw2 or boobs and soul or WOW.
    that gives people who dont have money, the abillity to buy pearlitems.

would that be p2w? nope. the 3 games listed above no one even think about p2w.

currency exchange is fine, it allows new players to catchup and veterans to get pearlitems for silver.

10. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

A skin for my tent and infinite uses?

I will spend those 1.200 pearls, just to gather more tears.

Gimme your tears, you 0,1% of people who cry their souls out on a daily basis on the forum.

11. CreepingCthulhu

thats not 1200, that's actualy 6000 here.

12. CreepingCthulhu

i can buy full tet acount for 20% of that expences.
    why anyone should bother?

13. woots

That doesnt change the current state of their buisiness model. P2W.

14. CreepingCthulhu

visit archeage for further enducation on topic of p2w

15. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

Have you thought of a pre-order? You could just pre-order dim tree for 500m and get it in a very short period of time. Also, about farming fragments, guess with what you buy scrolls? Silver!!

16. CreepingCthulhu

highest preorder doesnt always win. the other strange thing in this game.
    i had 700kk preorder for tri zarka and my guildmate won it with 500.

17. woots

because there is worse ( but did they changed that since then ? ) still doesnt change the current BDO buisiness model : P2W

18. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

I have heard of that theory but so far I haven't seen any proof of it, just some random people saying their friend had a lower pre-order and he got it instead(not making fun of you, I have actually heard the same thing a couple times). I have actually tested this with a couple of guildies and it was always the highest bidder who won it but the sample size was too small to reach a conclusion. Since we don't have any solid evidence to disprove or prove the theory let's go with both chances.

1)Highest Pre-order wins the item(most likely): You win the item. GG EZ

2)Highest Pre-order doesn't always wins the item(less likely): Let's say that the highest pre-order has more chances to win the bid, that means that you might lose the item since the other people also have a chance to win it but you most likely will win it, for items like TRI kzarka who get listed at least once every 2 days it's not a problem, just have the highest pre-order and you will win it in max a week even if you are unlucky(as your long as your theory is true and you don't just win it from the first time)

19. CreepingCthulhu

p2w is irrelevant, untill it doesnt contain unique mechanics available only for real money. I know a guy who invested 6000$, failed tet ogre in 5th time, bricked his gear and quit game, he won?
    in eve online you can absolutely legally buy everything for real money. it doesnt matter, actually. you may go to thet subreddit and try your p2w preaching there, it will be fun, i swear.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  20. Yukiko1

Yukiko1 DarkKnight 61 EU

Aren't pets unique to players who buy them(except the 3 penguins in 1.5 year now), aren't artisan's memories unique?(Don't even talk about the 1 for 400 loyalties). Canape set? Processing Set? More lodgings for workers? Aren't all this just for people who buy them? Only thing you can buy from these is the pet if you manage to snipe it from the MP but you you have more chances to win the lottery than getting 4 pets from there.

Also, YES, other games might me a lot more P2W that this one but denying this one doesn't have any P2W elements is absurd. As for your friend, I suppose that 6000 he "invested" didn't help him at all to reach the point to do 5 TET ogre ring attempts, even a player that has only bought the game and maybe a few pets could reach that point as fast as him.