1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most disgusting P2W mechanic

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MoZex, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I remember. However, unlike you I'm not feeling like a child betrayed by a broken promise.

Protip: Kakao/PA is a capitalist company and is not your dad. They can tell you exactly what you want to hear and break that "promise" as they please as long as it's not written on the contract that tie them to you, which is the ToS.

Welcome to the real world, now if you dislike BDO's staff policies you're free to uninstall. Hope you learnt the lession this time and will spend your money more wisely in the future in order not to get disapointed.

2. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

125% Weight is more important then 2 sec pot cooldown, the chance u get both at max rank is like not existance xD

So im fine with 3 sec.

3. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

could u elaborate please how 125% more weight outperforms 2 sec pot cd skill in terms of functionality? And my OP was specifically about PvP

4. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

i have the 3 sec version, dont really know if i need more, since my defense as ranger isn't existant anyways. as long as i can chuck manas

5. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

125% weight increases your grind time, afk processing, sea monster hunting which all increase your silver gain which helps increase your gear for PVP.

It also directly affects PVP (node wars) so you can carry a lot more potions, base gear, and cannonballs.

6. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Im not gonna bother, I have plenty of arguements against then but you are one of those sheep that think everything Kakao puts in the cash shop is p2w hence, why im not gonna bother anymore. Do your research better, for the future.

7. Snowfliing

https://gyazo.com/c80c4b01567c4f1b5a61a6a102ea7510
    Got my first t4 recently and leveled it up on tuesday, first try and this is what i got, i was pretty lucky i guess.

8. Information

Any paid advantage in game is P2W, so please stop redefining the term to a literal expression as all the whiteknights do, because indeed, there is no "win" in an mmo, you just sound like a kid making his daily fuss instead of accepting the reality.

Josh28, Malfurion, WoWisBest and 2 others like this.
  9. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

No thats not what p2w means, good god are ppl seriously that uninformed about the term?

10. JerryBoyle

WoW is P2W with your definition. Every MMO is P2W with this definition. So I suggest not using that one unless that's really what you wanna do but then you can't recommend anything.

There are many definitions, all of which exclude some things and others do not. Nobody can agree on one definition which presents the current problem. Disagreements.

11. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

P2W is really a broad and loose term, but one can question the game when there is significant additional costs beyond the box price + effect(s) that resembles a monthly sub (valuepack, one can argue the same for combat book and kama blessing but these are less "must haves"). The way this game is set up is to heavily influence players into purchasing goods that one would take for granted in other games to smoothen progression and QoL. You can call them convenience if you like, but if you are focused on BDO you really want/need these items to perform, why run all the way to gahaz for villas when you can have tent, why spent lots of CP that could yield much ingame silver when you can buy storage space, why not enhance 4 times faster with artisans and save billions in the process.
    Im all in for cosmetics as that is optional, but when they keep finding the strangest but most cruicial must-haves additions to cash shop it's questionable. In the end they do offer a unique product, they are free to do as they please, but it doesnt change that their ways are becoming more shady and questionable.

Josh28 likes this.
  12. Escapism

If you were "informed" about it, (btw. it has NO official definition), you would know that actually most commonly accepted definitions about it say exactly that.

And either way, no matter which exact definition or limitation you could think of for p2w to try denying that bdo wasnt, i guarantee you whatever definition you could come up with exists in bdo, or it doesnt exist at all in no game ever.

13. Allegame

P2W = you can get with real cash something that you cannot aquire in the game. (as example there was a game were you could buy a potion with cash that boosted the PvP damage by 20%. You could get that buff EXCLUSIVE from cash shop)
    artisan memories = you can farm more to get more mfs
    tent = you can walk to the villa and get the buff
    weights = you stakc more often on your horse + buy with loyalties
    inv space = quests, loyalties (you dont need full inv space to play the game)
    VP = take it as a subscription if you want, but the difference is that its not mandatory to buy so you can play the game(WoW players, feel that monthly pay now?)
    Did I miss something?
    And the guys with WoW, you have something that levels you to MAX LEVEL using CASH, so shut up with your mario graphics game and your p2w crap.
    Case closed.

Smileybones likes this.
  14. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Thats what im saying, there IS no p2w mechanic in bdo that gives you a massive advantage. Archeage does, guild wars does, WoW does. You cant buy artisans and be top tier immediately, you cant buy a vp and have high end gear immediately. In archeage you can, sell apex = buy gear ASAP. Some ppl are just beyond help thinking bdo has heavy p2w mechanics, artisans are prob the most borderline p2w there is in bdo, thats about it. The rest is just a cash grab that ppl keep falling for.

15. TrueKarma

If its really that hard for you to press the potion button and you don't want to p2w, setup a macro to do it for you. Easy solution to a none excisting problem. What is a problem tho is the bad state the game is in, #RevertEverythingBackToPreApPatch

16. Escapism

There are tons of things you can only obtain through the pearlstore and not ingame which provide various bonuses ranging from "next to useless" all the way to "increasing profatibility of certain activities by multiple factors". There are even minor stat-bonuses obtainable only through cash.

First: define "massive advantage", but specifically, not losely based on your bias. Then It's easy to disprove this according to your own specification, but not when you just keep using vague terms and can keep coming back with "this is not important to me".

One last thing: just because some pearl items are sometimes occasionally obtainable from event or login rewards, or just because someone else can buy them for real money and sell them in the ingame shop to others, does NOT make those items less p2w, and these items do NOT count as "available through normal playing". For that those items would have to be obtainable through playing unlimited and without someone else first having to obtain them for you.

As i said before: You can come up with any definition for p2w you want, and it either exists exactly like that in bdo in some form, or it doesnt exist at all in any game.

Best example of your vague definitions:
    -> So? 20% more dmg doesnt make you "win" if you suck at the game, you could buy a 200% dmg boost from a p2w cashshop and there is still a possibility you would lose 1v1.

Josh28, Malfurion and WoWisBest like this.
  17. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

hes right since bdo doesnt sell blackstones wich increase your success chance to 90 or even 100% like Archeage does, Archeage forces you to have a subscription runing to be able to claim land wich is needed to make serious ingame gold etc...
    BDO is nowhere close to Archeage and trust me im not defending BDO cause im hating the crap happening here with a passion already.

If you want a real reason to cry about P2W in BDO then lets ask if Korea could add a box to the cash shop including a full HEX Set of Armor, Weapons and Juwelery for lets say 1000€ each...enjoy cause thats what P2W actually means!
    Something thats not reachable ingame but by swiping your creditcard...

And btw even without the 2 sec Pots PvP in BDO is an Epic Desaster, thanks to the renown score and the royal fail to balance anything.

#57 Jeanina, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  18. AngryBvr

AngryBvr Mujava Maehwa 62 EU

Autopot with fairies in 2018 :LUL: and is considered p2w

I put HP potion in hotkey and its amazing!

19. WoWisBest

Are you for real? Except Archeage, al those games have a distinct cap in power (level or gear) obtainable in reasonable time.

In BDO, this is the opposite. There is no level cap, let that sink in and the value pack provides +30% exp bonus giving the paying player a massive advantage. The gear treadmill is extremely vertical and is made in such a way that it'll take years to max out with inbuilt RNG to drain cash from the whales.

WoW has a level cap and gear cap that requires hardest content to get (raids).

BDO is massive P2W.

20. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Having levels in bdo doesnt give you any advantage, the difference in stats after 60 is negligible, its hardly worth mentioning let alone calling that an advantage. The gear is not obtainable via cash shop, just because you have artisans doesnt make you instantly get PEN gear. Get your head outta your ass.