1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most disgusting P2W mechanic

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by MoZex, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Columba

WoW must really suck for you to have more fun crying here than playing that preteen cartoon kiddie fest.

2. HairaQ

tbh you dont know that - system is not transparent at all. We can only speculate this is the fair system where client who bought 35.000 pears have no hidden stats added <3. Personaly i dont belive all players are the same - i think they divide players into tier.
    More you pay higher tier you have in system and some hidden chocolates

3. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

That some super tinfoil hat theory right there and those are never true.

4. HairaQ

so why in this trustfull system are so many hidden statistics. System should be transparent and crystal and is not. So you can only belive in good will of kaka and pearl abys - for me it is too small.

5. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

fkin ghillie only obtainable by cashshop. i wonder how many of these p2w crybabies running around in it...

WoWisBest likes this.
  6. WoWisBest

Totally on topic /s

LOL Bingo.

7. Columba

Your screed is off topic.

8. Tjaranis

truly hate the 2 sec spam, just make it a passive regen instead of this bs -_-
    hate having to carry the pots as well because they are ridiculously heavy, even at max weight limit they are annoying.

9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

u win with having more silver for gear. if you need more explanations, google bdo ap scaling :D :D :D

10. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

i dont win

11. Lunarbender

Lunarbender Sorceress 59 NA

No one wins in BDO.

12. WhySoSeeryus

then you just think you paid :D

13. Escapism

You still didnt explain me what counts as "massive advantage" enough to be justified as p2w, youre still only listing single examples and why you think their bonuses arent worth it to you.

It has been proven that grinding without any pets at all and without loot drop scrolls & kama (obtainable from the pearlstore through the 90d vp) gives you only a small fraction of the same silver that someone else gets with lootbuffs and 5x t4 pets. Another example is cooking, unless you are paying for the cook outfit, you will realistically get at best 2.5-3s cooking speed, unless youre super lucky and manage to get +4 cook clothes. But going from ~3s cooking time to 1s with the p2w costume, will literally triple your cooking efficiency.

So tell me, exactly, how much %-bonus of anything, on anything, is required for you to acknowledge it as p2w, give me an exact example and a good reason for that line you draw, and i will tell you either why it exists in bdo, or why its completely ridiculous and doesnt exist in any other game either.

Malfurion, Blackhearted and WoWisBest like this.
  14. Allegame

ghilli is not working in NW and siege. its just for open world and rbf. BUT I still agree ghilli is fked up and it crosses a bit the p2w topic.
    You have another example or thats all?

15. woots

loyalty weight is only +200 total ( and its 140 days worth of loyalty PER character ) vs like what ? 700+ from the cash shop.
    without CS you can go up to around 600-700ish, you will go nowhere with that once you hit valencia - kama, or spot like sausan. ( you barely have 30min of grinding before beeing full. Oh and ofc, that's only if you go grind with an empty inv, forget any gear switch, and life skill outfit, any hp pot.. etc )
    Yes you can stack on you horse but since you often have 3 various token, you also are quickly limited, but you have like what, a tiny additional 30min.

Vs a full cash shop ( weight + full maid ) you go nowhere.

VP, well good "luck" getting enough of thoses from the market with silver, and the market additionnal money, + another 100weight already make a good difference, and its something you CANNOT have in game.

Yep, you miss
    CP free worker slot, pretty insane advantage.
    CP free stable ( if you are in the horse buisiness )
    storage space ( you can get somes with loyalth but to get full everywhere, it would request you several decade worth of loyalty. ),
    unlimited maid,
    unlimited pet ( full T4 pet make a huge difference, and with that rng market, lets see in 3-4 years if you succeed to have 5 t4 ) Not speaking about somes pet skill giving somes big advantage.
    All life skill outfit : still a bonus you cannot get in game.
    All outfit ( still rely on rng to get one from the market, and if you dont have luck, no outfit. I'am easyly at 500+ attempt, and i got jack sh#t for my Lahn )
    You have the + durability item
    pet food ( money saving, node + worker saving to craft them, so a good amount of CP saved )
    The p2w tent, MUCH better when it come to pricing for repair, the in game tent is totaly worthless.
    Artisant memory. The saved time + money is pretty insane.

etc etc,
    All the cash shop is full p2w, it might not look like so when you only look each item individually, and in very small quantity. But add everything / increase all quantity and the advantage given compare to a not cash shop user is really huge

#95 woots, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Malfurion, Arcticcz and WoWisBest like this.
  16. WhySoSeeryus

you stack those above normal worker slots and can get workers in towns that dont even have lodgings ;D

i believe you can get 60ish workers this way. cba to count. but 3 per almost every town in game.

Blackhearted likes this.
  17. woots

yup, that's why i said "cp free worker"

18. Lunarbender

Pay for convenience. All those things there aren't a requirement to "win" at the game. They just make it a bit easier, aka convenience.

19. Lunarbender

Some people arguing the game is p2w while others arguing it isn't. I don't think it's either. And it's actually not about what I think. It's about what it is. p4c.

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

If by often you mean there is a single grind spot that drop 3 different trash loots then ok.

By the way, it's not 2016 anymore, Valencia and, most importantly regarding updated loot, Kamasylvia has been released, time to leave Sausans maybe.