1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Viable Successions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Veyana Eldunari, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Veyana Eldunari

Returning player here. Not a fan of awakening weapons and swapping between 2 diff weapons and curious which successions are viable currently.

I was debating Striker but I've seen a lot of negative feedback on it especially for grinding higher end content. Which is a red flag for a game that involves so much grinding.

So if I could get some more opinions on what successions are viable (not op, just able to clear higher grind spots and defend against pks if needed) I would really appreciate it! Thanks guys!

2. Catastigma

All are viable and strong

You are not forced to grind for progress, Lifeskill is hugely profitable.

Souda and T800 like this.
  3. Bonechi

So far, Striker succession is the weakest out of all the successions currently on live servers, Its PvE is average at best and PvP is terrible as it is mediocre in 1v1s but completely useless in group PvP as most of his AoE CC such as Rage hammer and Wolfs Fang has been removed in succession,

- A succession striker main

Life2v and Veyana Eldunari like this.
  4. Veyana Eldunari

Thank you. I didn't think the "all are viable and strong" comment was true haha :D I may be returning but I've played bdo long enough to know that. Any ideas which ones are doing okay right now?

5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

It really depends for what. Talking about 1vs1 they are all strong or at least good besides ranger, mystic, striker and maybe zerker + lahn (not sure on this one tho). Meanwhile ranger is really strong in large scale. PvE all of them are good (not sure for lahn and zerker here as well).

Veyana Eldunari likes this.
  6. Sadiii

Sorc and DK succession are pretty good. Warrior, Wizard and Valks as well. Would steer clear of Witch and Striker succession.

Veyana Eldunari likes this.
  7. Veyana Eldunari

Thank you. For someone who will probably spend most of their time grinding I've heard warrior is amazing. How are the others in comparison?

8. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

Warrior is getting a nerf. So we will see after that.

I would say the top succs are going to be in no particular order.

Lahn
    Wizard
    Sorc
    DK
    Gaurdian
    Tamer is also not bad

Souda likes this.
  9. T800

If Warrior is getting nerfed, than it's because he is just the first in line. They always start with Warrior. Others will get same treatment eventually.

It is soooooooooooooo hard to say which is top and which is bottom, cause they can just add 30-40% Damage and suddenly you are ripping your hair out, cause you just sold that class weapons.

So good luck trying to find a class to play, that won't get nerfed/changed/buffed tomorrow.

P.S: They really should introduce one weapons ( abit weaker than others) but so it can be used by ALL classes ( just like Armor and Accessory).

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. Brussie_Chan

Ranger all the way cuz [​IMG]

11. Ama83

The worst striker and mistake total trash

Best ranger, warrior, lahn, wiz, sorc, dk

12. t4mpel

Sucessions and even Awakening are in a heavy changing process atm. Last weeks the game got a lot of adjustments and the progress isn't over. The game experience changes all the time and it is a part of not knowing if a class will be the same next month. I would rather orientating myself on core availabilites that identify a class.
    If u like a concept of a class play it. A Lhan will always have great mobility, a warrior always a strong block, a valk can support, I striker can ook, ninja is typical stealth, Archer is ranged etc. Dont play a flavor of the month like Ninja Rerollers who will receive a straight nerf. According to that the game itself proceeds to change pvp/pve mechanics, some grind spots are bad for some classes and there will be new added situations what might requires different abilites and gear changes for a good setup like 2 man hunting grounds etc.

13. alastersan

Ranger succession is nerfed as hell in pvp. In pve is good.

Fearless V likes this.
  14. gurghul

Really , I grind at stars end which life skills can compare to grind stars end 7h/ day ?

15. Sparzy

My main is a Ranger, i'd always wondered why they gave her a sword, defeats the purpose of having a bow. I chose a ranger cause i like ranged toons, was only too happy to get rid of the sword, which i only used during the awakening quests.

16. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

I haven't done any successions yet. You have to give up your awakening weapon if you choose succession, right?
    Problem is with most classes, I actually prefer the awakening weapon.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  17. Stabby

Wizard succession is fantastic. However, the keymapping on it is a real finger breaker. Not worth doing for that reason alone.

18. reconkangas

I think it completely depends on your own taste.

I would say that MOST not all but most of the succesion builds are not med and large scale GVG oriented builds. 1v1 and some 1vX succession is definitely stronger than awakening but that is why they brought out succesion they are in the process of buffing awakening on most classes and will give you completely different styles of game play.

As far as what class to play my suggestion is not to listen to people telling you a class sucks or doesnt in the end what you find fun to play may not be there cup of tea. If a class is not fun then you may quit becouse of it.

19. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

You give up awakening skills not the weapon. The weapon contributes 30% to your main hand weapon ap.

20. zeebs

not going to tell you how but EASILY beats that.

cooking, gathering (easy), bartering

competes: active fishing, hunting, alchemy, etc