1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mount Reset - Would you use this?

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by Shaynae, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Oceansky

Not likely for a T8 or lower as I'd rather use skill change coupons or just level a new horse. But only time I would consider is if I had a T9 and wasn't happy with it's stats when levelled fully.

Though wonder if it can be used on T9's? They would have a lot more sales if that was the case.

Ascaeldor and Shaynae like this.
  2. UnmercyJames

if this item can't be used on dream horses then it's an useless item. D:<D:<

Shayla, Caylea, Eppo and 3 others like this.
  3. Elessara

Agreed. Personally, I wouldn't bother with anything less than a T9. Too expensive.

Caylea and Shaynae like this.
  4. Ruduger

Item is bugged and doesn't seem to work, but I intended on using it because I bought a T8 that was level 30 but it only had 11 skills. Resetting it would make the horse a lot better and is definitely worth it imo.

Shaynae likes this.
  5. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

The only time I would use this is if it works on dreamhorses and I bought the dreamhorse off market (because there is a high chance the original owner wouldn't have skill changed it properly anyway). And even then only if it has less than nineteen skills, because I couldn't care less about what stats it has as long as stats remain an RNG related thing. Unless they link horse stats with training level or something non-rng related I will never care about a horses stats.
    It makes sense a Master trainer would have the fastest horse, over a beginner trainer who just spammed these reset items :|.

#25 Ventesa, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    Ascaeldor, Elessara and Shaynae like this.
  6. Escapism

16$ for a new attempt at lvling your t9, which will cost you another 20-30$ or more in skill resets while lvling it again mind you, and its still not even guaranteed that it will actually turn out better, it might even turn out worse than before.

No, and whoever would do it must be extremely desperate or have an extremely potatoe t9 which practically cant possibly be any worse. Absolutely not advisable for t9's that miss maybe 1-2 skills which arent needed anyway, or which are missing a few % on their base stats to be above average.

Kumiho likes this.
  7. Kumiho

Kumiho Ranger 62

Has anyone tried to use it on a T9 so far?

8. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

Item is still bugged unfortunately

Erisim and Kumiho like this.
  9. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

So has anyone been resetting since they fixed it? I've been throwing money at my pegasus but so far i'm having some pretty bad luck. Currently on my 5th reroll attempt and brake keeps shitting the bed with 4-5 bad gains at low levels, instantly ruining the stat's potential. The probability of getting an equal amount of high rolls to even it out on top of additional gains needed for 143.6+ brake is so low that i'm not wasting any more time on those rerolls...

I had one promising reroll that was on track for 161% accel and 146% brake but the speed was on track to be even lower than my original speed (156.5) so I ended up resetting it at 24 after another bad streak.. Feelsbadman.

#29 Eppo, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Kumiho likes this.
  10. Shaynae

I feel like the Dream horse is so hard to get that it should have had a set speed/skill group. It's just ridiculous to go through all that and then get a horse that's got bad skills or is slow.

Caylea and Eppo like this.
  11. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

It is. It feels so bad to have a Dream Horse with speed lower than some t8s. And why do they give each t9 different base stats? Completely ridiculous imo.

I think they should have given all Dream horses the same base stats, something like 140% speed/accel and 130% turn/brake. They should also make t9 stats gain 0.5-1.3 each level rather than 0.1-1.3. Those gains below 0.5 are so annoying. This way a t9 would on average have 165% speed/accel and 155% turn/brake which are stats worthy of a dream horse. But of course this doesn't fit their MO of creating problems and selling the solution. It's also the reason why i'm not particularly hyped about Doom anymore. It's an awesome looking horse and will surely have situational usefulness like unicorn, but the speed/accel will be garbage making it sub-optimal for general use.. Seriously, who cares about 160-170 brake when it caps at 150?

Caylea likes this.
  12. Ventesa

Sounds like a great topic to be honest :o. I've mentioned before that horse stats is yet another part of bdo that shouldn't be so rng and it's almost hilarious that they used it as yet another way to connect mounts with cash shop.

@Sidina This definitely sounds like something that should be added to our current attempts to improve mounts/training lifeskill. But I wouldn't even know where to begin on this one. There should be a way to improve a horses base stats without relying on cash shop RNG or getting another horse and hoping your luck is better. And if not for all horses then at least Dreamhorses since getting even one is its own rng nightmare. (This ties in with the Courser topic but at the same time I think they should be separate discussions, Courser - Base Stats)

-.- Honestly, being able to actively do something on a daily basis to improve your horse past level 30 gives you something to work towards anyway. Instead yet another potential feature is ruined by (lets just add cash shop rng yay!). Even if it's just...
    • Using sprint levels speed
    • Using IA/S:IA levels accel
    • Stopping your mount levels Brake (I refuse to connect this with caution lol)
    • Turning your mount levels Turn (maybe this and brake can be connected to drift)
    It should go without saying that they will level at a very tiny amount (probably similar to how eating food raises health bar at a tiny amount after like level 30). But eventually after you've ridden your horse for a very long time it would have max stats. That seems fair to me... Or, you can skip this super slow process and go the RNG route of buying this item (still would be viable for anyone interested and/or rich enough).

And then when you tell someone you have a max stat horse it isn't because "Yeah, I spent a lot of money" or "Yep, RNG blessed me yet again". It'd instead be "Yes, I've been with my horse for a long time, riding all over the place to get to where we're at!"

#32 Ventesa, Oct 26, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    Kumiho and Eppo like this.
  13. Kumiho

Kumiho Ranger 62

These ideas are amazing, really make me think the wrong people work at kakao.
    Did you put it into “suggestions” forums?

Ventesa likes this.
  14. Ventesa

Not yet. I wasn't sure how to word it since I think @Andaro prefers ideas that are "short and to the point" and atm it looks pretty detailed:D. I was kind of waiting to see if @Sidina would just prefer to add it to her list (or if the horse community she talks with had a better idea than mine and she could add that one instead).

Edit: I guess I was also waiting to see if anyone even liked the idea... XO

#34 Ventesa, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Kumiho likes this.
  15. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

You could simplify it like this: "Allow horse stats to be further increased at level 30 at a certain rate by using horse skills such as Instant Accel, S: Instant Accel, Drift, Sprint, etc. This would be amazing if implemented!

Ventesa likes this.
  16. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Sorry I saw your post last night but didn´t read the full topic due to a migraine. I´m just in the process of making a coffee and than I shift through the topic and add it to the Thread

Ventesa likes this.
  17. Ventesa

No biggy :) and I hope you feel better!

18. Ventesa

:) Submitted the idea! Thx for your help!

19. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

My latest (7th) reroll attempt.. This one is gonna be the toughest to reset due to the high speed, time investment (almost 3 days) and just barely missing 143.6 brake. I don't think i'll sit it out to 30 unless 28 gives me 1.0+ brake. Of course had to get 0.1 brake at 27 after a good run of gains -____-

[​IMG]

20. Shaynae

I'm honestly curious about why this is so important. Is this just something you want or do you feel it gives you that much of an advantage in some way?