1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Multiple in-game windows are blank

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by SirPage, May 10, 2018.

1. GM Dew

Game Master

The developers have gotten back to us and indicated that it may be caused by an antivirus possibly blocking certain links/windows.

Could you try temporarily disabling your antivirus, restarting the game, and then checking to see if the issue still happens?

Best regards,
    GM Dew

2. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

Disabling my antivirus has not solved the issue in my case.
    Opening any window with a coherentui element in it except the wiki, event and crafting notes causes the process to crash and then prevents it from showing anything on those types of windows (including wiki/event/crafting notes) until the game is restarted.

Edit: The issues with this bug will be compounded this week with the Lahn precreation since people who experience it will not be able to save/load to the beauty album.

#22 Gharlane, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  3. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

Does not change anything. Ingame Windows still blank. Said inb4 - UI crashes the moment i try to open something ingame. Started on last weeks patch.

4. Gamo

No changes for me too

5. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

So CoherentUI keeps crashing even after maintenance, seems no fix is applied at all.

6. Nyanpi

Still blank, can't participate in the creation event. Good job!

7. Gamo

yeah....me too

8. Dworkin Barimen

Tell them to stop using a crystal ball ,and try to predict things ,or guess them.Because no it has nothing to do with Anti-virus programs.Stopped mine (the anti virus i mean) from running,launched BDO ,Coherent UI crashed the second i tried to access my stored settings,re launched,coherent ui crashed the instant i tried to open the beauty gallery ,at that point i gave up turned back on my anti virus ,wrote a ticket.zzzzzzzzzD:<

9. GM Dew

Game Master

Can you please try setting the compatibility to Windows Vista?

Right click your Black Desert Launcher > Properties > Compatibility tab:

[​IMG]

Let us know if this works for you!

Best regards,
    GM Dew

Wilter likes this.
  10. Gharlane

Gharlane Witch EU

Compatibility mode does allow me to now view these windows but the loading time for the game is slower than normal.
    Getting some new errors in the coherent_ui.log with vista compatibility enabled in case it helps track down the issue:

Code:
    7132 12:44:00.651312 W | PID: 5528 | 6168 12:44:00.649312 [5528:6168:ERROR:(0)] NOT IMPLEMENTEDHW video decode acceleration not available.
    7132 12:46:29.147806 A | Assert failure: Dispatching a message to a non-active view  8 at UISystemImpl.cpp : 1541
    ASSERT: Dispatching a message to a non-active view

11. PM Horizon

Project Manager

Windows Vista compatibility mode will indeed have an effect on your game loading times, and can also affect other in-game functions such in inventory load times and FPS.

I will be moving this thread to the Technical section.

12. Nyanpi

This is not a solution, I hope you are still in contact with the Developers about this.

13. MissJolteon

MissJolteon Lahn 60 EU

I rather don't want to play on 20 FPS because of this solution because this is what is happening to me. I hope you guys apply a hot fix soon for this.

14. Kozuka

Kozuka Ranger 62 EU

I have also been experiencing this issue for approximately two weeks.

Upon loading the game for the first time, If I attempt to open the guild information window or the guild ranking page, I receive the windows error 'Coherent UI has stopped working'. These pages then remain blank and do not load.

If I close the game and try to open it again, the exact same thing occurs without fail.

Running the game in 'compatibility mode' is not a solution. The fact that so many people are having an identical issue would suggest that it isn't firewall or system related.

15. Kvr4

same here since pacth 2 weeks ago
    windows 7 64 here

16. Krystin

It did work for me, and indeed it does affect various loading times and the frame rate -- so much so that the game is not playable at an acceptable level.

However, since I have been able to access the Beauty Album and therefore submit my Lahn for the beauty contest (with zero hopes of winning, even though she's very beautiful), I will be returning these settings to standard compatibility mode so I can once again play the game.

17. Nevelina

How do steam users change the compatibility if I click on my launcher nothing is there. Ticket_1.png

18. Moen

Moen Sorceress 8 EU

The problem seeems to be linked to windows7.

I fix it by switching BDO.exe compatibility to vista

upload_2018-5-18_2-20-49.png

But I loose 1/3 of my FPS

piratebeowolf likes this.
  19. ghoulz666

Looks like the wrong one, that's some internet shortcut. It's supposed to be an exe file.

20. Nevelina

Thanks ! OMG that did it. Finally found the right file :D

GM Kaioken likes this.