1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musa succession

Discussion in 'Musa' started by Rednoft, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Rednoft

Howdy dear musas,

what do you think of the succesion? Viable PVP or PVE? anyone knows the damage output? AOE?
    I did saw the video of the succesion and all its skills but im confused in can we put this into something positive and usefull.

Thanks bb's.
    :*

2. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

I dont think its gonna be better in PvE given how insane Musa Awakening is.
    But im prolly not the right person to judge since i never actually played him long enough.
    I know who can judge him though:

He as a person might not be the most delightful companion, nor does the clickbait on the thumbnail make it any better but you can get a glimpse of what Succ Musa PvP could look like.

#2 Ned Sheynji, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Rednoft likes this.
  3. Rednoft

We have its release this tuesday right?

Im kinda excited all tho I dont think I will reroll to succ until its tested and we have more information.

4. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 62 EU

If the release schedule will be as we assume, which will be in the same order the classes released on GLab, then yes, Musa and Mae are out next maintenance.

5. Rügenwalder Pommersche

it will be worse in pve (some kr musa said ~500 trash less in aakman / 200 in syrcaia)
    it will be better in small scale pvp since u have the advantage of the ranged blooming and more sa skills
    u do have less cc so u would think thats bad for 1vs1 but with succ damage i would even say its better but more boring in 1vs1
    large scale like siege i do belive that it will be pretty equal but with a semi different role, even more flank´ish than before but like i said
    succ is more single target and awak is more aoe

overall
    + damage is insane and u have way more protection
    - less cc and less aoe

im not a huge fun of shakybay but i think he most likely covers all the important skills and eventual combos in the video so defo watch that

6. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I will stick with my sword and crescent blade because I do only 1vs1 and PvE. Even if succession was better in both of those categories I wouldn't go for it because I like having options when it comes to skills. Successions always seem like they have very simplified combat. Personally I like having a big kit, being able to C swap a lot, and being relativly unpredictable. I just like how it flows in combat and I wouldn't change that even if succession does give more protected abilities.

For small scale PvP it looks very usefull though, but in the end you choose what you like better that's all. If you like more protection and less skills then go for succession.

7. Rednoft

Im kinda excited now - im wondering how is succesion dmg gonna in PVE at least...since we have the movement speed even in pre-awakened state.
    I think it will be quite OP but please post ur thoughts and stats here in this thread so we can all share and see information.

Thanks boos :*

8. Rügenwalder Pommersche

kr told us its sligthly worse in pve - 200 trash less in syrcaia, 500 in aakman (thats the numbers i heard)

9. defuze

seems alot better in sycraia to me

10. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i thought so too, but like i said some kr musa played/tested it and said its slightly worse
    and i trust that more than my opinion based on watching videos

11. Tiamatis

Tiamatis Musa 62 EU

Other thing is there are no gear at the video or stats he can have 290ap kutum

12. Rednoft

Soo, we got out succesion? Any1 tried it at highend spots? Might tell us where and ur ap and perhaps m/h..

Thanks boos
    :*

13. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 5 EU

for grinding and mass pvp i would stick to awakening for 1v1 def succ

i did aakman with succ 8800/h with 285 kutum - awakening 9500/h with 287 kutum
    hystria: succ 3400/h - awakening 4k/h

but i like the effects from succ :D

Rednoft and RobinSan like this.
  14. RobinSan

My experience of one day so far,

Spamable skills, super armor, due to the consumable buff.

Insane damage, easy combo's, hold couple of buttons and everything around you dies. Sometimes I even lose myself .

Need W+C for movement to maintain better stamina.

A bit predictable at his engages.

I have yet to go to aakman to confirm my own trash loot which was +/- 8000 with awakening a lootscroll.

Use of potions compare to awakening, I think it's less but I'll see in aakman.

#14 RobinSan, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
  15. Xenxix

His cc options on succ is way less than awakening. SA trading is abit harder too because our bread and butter skill 'Below the belt' has left the chat on succ. And rising storm isnt quick. But fiery angel with SA is love...

16. Rednoft

Soo big damage but everything else is worse and still slower than awakening.

If this is the case for every class except ranger, why do we even got succ? If this is the case, I dont see it viable anywhere, PVP,PVE not even lifeskilling :D

17. Rügenwalder Pommersche

depends what u prefer it has a more assassin like playstyle u need to be more careful but u get rewarded with insane damage, combos are literally just pressing down all buttons and it works after u hit a cc

wouldnt say its slower and sa trading works pretty well (execpt succ musas since they literally burn u through sa with blooming(

i guess succ is really nice for lower ap people since they can still tap people really easy

18. Tiamatis

Tiamatis Musa 62 EU

Testet it at stars end 275 ap kutum here with aeakening i got around 4.2k with scroll

With succession only around 3.2 k with scroll

Aakman i git 8.8k with succession and with awakening 9.7k

At 1v1 succession op as **** ez 1 -2 shottet a 336dp eva mystic

Small scale idk not testet largescale too

My opinion : if you grind like me 4hours a day give a **** to succession its a nice skill treebut dmg in pve is garbage.
    If i see a warrior / ranger 278 ap kutum makring 6k trash with succession at stars and and our one its garbage at pve

19. Rügenwalder Pommersche

ranger in my guild is 269 kt and does 6k aswell, really sad and hes not even 60 fps so like imagine utilizing that for extra dps

20. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

I've only done PvE so far but I'm very much unsold on succession. Movement feels very limited, very linear in the way Shakey describes. I find myself running out of stamina trying to get behind Rift bosses in a way that used to be easy with Crosscut and Awakening FA. The two carryover Awakening skills are disappointing, with awkward inputs. Crust lacks Foul Play, and FA, while now super armored, is slow and lacks any CC, negating its value as a directional mixup or surprise engage.

On the other hand as far as I can tell the damage and range on Blooming (plus the reset buff) seem broken, so I bet this does have some fairly disgusting PvP potential. However I don't care about duels hardly at all relative to Node Wars, and from what most people are saying it's not great in that context. I'll probably give it a couple of wars before I make up my mind. In any case it seems like the best case scenario with Succession is that I don't like playing it but I will if I have to because it's strong. But since the two domains I care about are large scale and PvE it sounds like Succession isn't going to be for me long term.

Rednoft likes this.