1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response My first T8 Horse - Please help!

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Shetzki, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Shetzki

Hey guys! Today I decided to get myself a new horse so I bought a cheap one on the horse market it costed me 91m. I dont have any experience with horses/breeding but I want to get a T9 with this horse I bought. Please tell me what should I do to achieve that also is the horse worth it? It has high Speed/Accel compared to others that were placed in Horse Market..

Informations:
    Horse level/color: https://imgur.com/LC2jqIU
    Skills:
    - Hind Kick
    - Fore Chop
    - Drift
    - Start Accel
    - High Jump
    - Quick Stop
    - Instant Accel
    - Quick Back
    - Streak Leap
    - Roar
    - Caution
    - Quick Ride
    - S: Hind Kick
    - S: Fore Chop
    TOTAL 14 Skills at horse level 29.

2. Aiwen

3. Shetzki

What does it mean for example "8A, 8B, 8C, 8D" ?

4. Aiwen

You mean in the horse calc? -Look at the "Horse Patterns". Seems they are different horse models/types for that tier

Shetzki likes this.
  5. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Well I think at some point the community agreed to name the different coats so it is easier to refer to them. Your Horse is an T8A. You can also look through the Horse breeding Life skill section in the forum and all important information are gathered in the Link Aiwen posted.

Shetzki likes this.
  6. ElPsyKongroo

I think your T8 horse has to be a courser? You seem not to have sprint skill either, which is needed for becoming a courser? no?
    So I've heard anyway.

7. Shetzki

Yes.. I want to reset her skills with pearl items or is the horse not worth it?

8. Cappuccino

In order to attempt the t9 awakening from t8, the t8 has to be level 30 and a courser. You are missing these skills in order for your horse to be a courser (and they keep randomly changing the skill names): Sprint, Dash (Charge), Lateral Moving (Sideways), S: Latera Moving (Sideways), and S: Instant Accel.

You have to use Skill Change coupons to change the horse's skills, or buy premium appearance change coupons so that the horse possibly learns another skill altogether. S: Sideways is the hardest skill to get, and you may spend $100 or more on a 14 skill horse trying to get it.

This is how you use skill change coupons:

Once your horse is a courser, the materials needed to awaken the horse as a t9 and the process is quite intense:

Aiwen and Shetzki like this.
  9. RainbowRat

if you want to p2w THAT horse you´ll need a pile of pearls for resetting. think twice if you wanna spend this much on gambling :/
    it´s prolly cheaper to ask for a courser and offer a gift.

Shetzki and Cappuccino like this.
  10. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

T9 elephant.....imma name him Dumbo

11. Shetzki

Thanks guys for the informations! I know how this whole thing works now and I guess if I spend enough $ I can make this horse a perfect one.. The problem is I dont know which skills should it have to be the "dream horse". Could you guys give me the list?

12. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

if your horse has potential to be a courser, there will be a horse icon on his status window. If you hover.over.that icon with your mouse cursor, it will list the skills needed

When it has all the skills necessary, the icon will light up a golden yellow color

Shetzki likes this.
  13. Shetzki

Thank you sir!

14. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

Sprint, Instant Accel, Drift, Charge, Sideways, S: Sideways, S: Instant Accel

Edit: before you start swapping skills, inform yourself on how to properly skill swap to not waste more money than you already going to

15. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

Breed your t8 and sell it.
    I am sorry to tell you this, but it is not worth trying to get a courser with him.

Shetzki likes this.
  16. Shetzki

I did as u said. I am still confused about this. Do I really want a horse with alot skills? I found out that most of them are cancer for example Fore Chop.Is it not best to get just courser skills+double seat? Would someone explain this for me? Also which horse type is the best guys? T8A/B/C/D/E ? I found T8E has the highest Speed/accel and lowest turn/brake. Need advices!

#16 Shetzki, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  17. Dazed&Confused

You should really check out the Horse Training forum. https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/horse-training.178/

18. Jey

Jey Valkyrie 62 EU

T8E are by far the fastest horses (T8) but they can't learn two seater, and are very hard to control in horse races.

I noticed that T8B are really good to get a lot of skills and T8D are most of the time bad learner.

for the best feeling you just need drift, instant accel, instant accel S. this alone give you max speed.
    You don't need all skills for speed.

T8B,D,A are easy to control in horse races. But all depend on their individual evolution with each lvl up.

i don't like T8C, no 2 seater...... and for my point of view slow.

Shetzki likes this.
  19. RainbowRat

do you wanna do races now or get a t9? if you just aim for t9 there´re plenty of t8 sitting on market everyday with more skills.
    Unbenannt.JPG
    if you aim for both it gets more complicated, but the horse you have is also bad for racing, stats wise

Shetzki likes this.
  20. Shetzki

Oh you gave me great informations mate! Ok so my goal for now is to get a great T8 horse for both races and fast travel also I need a two seater for my friends so I guess T8E is the worst choice for me? I want to make that T8 horse into a DREAM tier ONE DAY(I dont plan on rushing it). So T8A will be the best choice right? I see it has nice balance between high speed/accel/brake/turn. Also I wanted to ask about making a Dream tier with it. Does the horse color for example T8A/B/D/E statistics matter? Or I will get a RNG dream tier? For example it can have smaller speed/accel stats than my T8 courser?