1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer: “A Tale of a Fallen Kingdom” - Updated with Hint 5

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Servantes, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Jannanomana

Jannanomana DarkKnight EU

HAHA 3 people on EU are on the top 10 list who where super far behind, asked me where they have to shovel for the blue key...

And then they are top 10.... "No real money trade involved" ....

Kakao check the top 10 EU accounts, if any of them are in the same guild nor same party and make it in less then 10 tryes (the ocean jumping) disqualify them.
    You are supposed to explore in the mystery of summer event, solve riddles AND NOT BUY A GUILD TELEPORT / COMPAS TELEPORT Service through Paypal/Real Money Trade!!!!

[​IMG]

#321 Jannanomana, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. Crescent

Crescent Ranger 62 EU

By doing them with a party yesterday night and watching multiple videos of it. I really think it is 2 secs in total. Meaning you have to do the right combination (which is RNG) including the 9th in the middle within 2 seconds...

According to the winner of EU, it took him around 30 scrolls. It took me less than 10 scrolls, because my first party was terrible, but the second one was perfect teamwork.

3. Nixal

will we get the remaining "hints"?

Metalharpey likes this.
  4. Drino

It's totally normal to do teamwork, nothing wrong with that.

NannaOgg likes this.
  5. Vannie

Yea, since rank 1 has a guild and friends ofc she would tell them how to do it/ help them

NannaOgg likes this.
  6. tyralie

so one find and,the rest of the guild/group get all the reward its logic for a solo event....

Dan Hot likes this.
  7. Ponge85

And do you have to do them in order in 2 secs? Because thats very narrow time window, quite hard with a "random" team. So, does it work if you just say "Fire" and everyone shoots away?

8. Charge

Is it possible to sue bdo for gambling at this point ?

9. Polymerizaiyan

I refuse to even finish this, i hate PA tenfolds more, and the entirety of it all makes me sick.

Dan Hot and Narktember like this.
  10. Crescent

Crescent Ranger 62 EU

Yes it must be in order and within 2 secs. Including the middle one...

11. Aristical

Thats just not true. All my party did was start spamming when someone said go.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  12. Spartakatz

The datamine was strong in this event. People had the full solution on patch day already.
    They just got confused because of the wrong hint that was posted. They thought that it was faked info like last year where indeed the end of the quest line was unknown.

13. Eryola

Eryola Ranger 62

Now this is one thing I can guarantee did not happen. I'm a compass owner myself (first one EU :) ) and was interested if it would work... and nope: it doesn't help you in any way.
    a) You can't teleport to the invisible platform for the last stage... you just fall through it and die on the ground below as if you had missed the jump. Very similar to the 5 (6) towers at Terrmian.
    b) You actually CAN teleport into the last cave, but... if you haven't talked with the blue cloud thingy on the platform first, you can't interact with any of the NPCs in there. Not even with the exit teleporter... you have to escape -> escape out and then you are far away from Velia, without any advancement in the quest (no key turn-in).

Those people that have very similar times most likely simply jumped together from the same Griffon, like some people from our guild did too. (If one person hits the thing, you can use him as a marker for the others to help find it.)

Sibyyl likes this.
  14. Metalharpey

Metalharpey Metalharpey Witch 62 EU

In some countries, yeah probably. Its pay to play and gambling = money gambling
    So not allowed in several. Good luck sueing a company that big though x)

Dan Hot likes this.
  15. Icywave

The top 3-4 are friends of rank 1 most likely on both regions esp on EU, Carolyn confirmed himself/herself in blooo's stream and intentionally ran him around to distract all the people watching his stream and follow blooo around doing literally nothing so his/her friends could finish safely without worrying about other people finding out (most people anyway) ...

After they were done Blooo got the image from Carolyn in a private stream message , so Blooo opened it up on stream and all of the people basically knew where to go at that point which sparked the other times from spot #5 -> #10 and so on across all regions

I think it's kind of ******** personally for that kind of ending to occur, but they're free to do with their information however they want , but it really does destroy the aspect of explore in competition, or competition in general but I think this is rather a meme in mmo's nowadays, and since they basically spoon fed us the answer in the last hint on United As One, it's kind of hard to take this quest seriously at all.

The real problem though is the data-mining that went on... Flags on bdodatabase/codex directly on Kanverra island pointing right where the island was and all the datamining that went for United As One quest, etc.

You really just can't have timed competitions like this with data mining with such big rewards on the table.

Dan Hot, Metalharpey and charkus like this.
  16. Wodur

Biggest gold sink ever introduced in to the game. :D

Inspirer, Metalharpey and Dan Hot like this.
  17. Rossleen McDRagon

Here's my feedback on the event:

Very good:
    1. that this year you had the opportunity to catch up on events 1-8 or to get in where you didn't last year has progressed. Here were nice rewards for everyone.
    2. a nice storyline to essence 9, which I enjoyed a lot until the quest "United as one".
    3. the event has promoted the cooperation in our guild and it has been fun to tackle the tasks together and to puzzle over.

Less good:
    1. digging out the blue key in front of Muiquun had nothing to do with the storyline and doesn't really fit in, but is rather a rupture in the plot.

Miserable:
    1: Too little tested beforehand, so that at Thus, the 1.8. was worn out, because the quest "United as one" was buggy.
    The use of invisible platforms was, in my opinion, overused in the event, but especially in the 9th essence. Should there be another
    similar event, hopefully they'll declare this "horse" dead and keep their hands off it.
    3. a group solution in a race and that with the penultimate Quest I consider nonsensical. Maybe you can do something like that, and this
    is a big Maybe, put at the beginning, but not at the end, where it is about financially significant prices and there are no prices for teamwork.
    4. were there no equal opportunities for the blue flames, some group members did not see the flames at all and had to be change some settings. Sometimes flames appeared delayed after the summoning, so that the time window of 2 sec could not be complied with.
    5. A time window of 2 sec is also nonsensical for such a group event task, as is the installation of two different combinations that are drawn each time the role RNG is conjured up. If PA absolutely wants to install this variant, but then please in such a way that each participant only has to buy 1 time the roll for 100G. Every time it fails, he would have the role automatically back in the inventory. Only if someone leaves the group or crosses the city boundary of Calpheon, a new purchase necessary. ... I don't consider the argument that money is to be drawn from the game to be entirely valid, because we now have the opportunity to fish for 500,000 for 3 weeks, which will bring a lot of money back into the game.
    Many are fishing, but in comparison few take part in the event.

Conclusion:
    We gave up completing the quest "Unified as one" and renounced the title. Maybe the task will be completed after the Maintenance on 14.8. if it will be simplified, like last year. Our mood tonight in Teamspeak is depressed and we´re disappointed.

All in all I am in favour of such events, but they should be thoroughly prepared and thought through and technically flawless run off.

Finally a big praise to Apanasios, who helped many participants with his guide. I would have told him very much indulged to land on a place in the top 10.

Greetings to all and a good start into the new week.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

#337 Rossleen McDRagon, Aug 11, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  18. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

Really disappointed I have to forfeit this, as the 8 questlines up until now were tolerable and possible more or less solo, but this is simply unbearable and a horrible experience that is costing significant money and forcing me and other people into awkward and nervous interactions to try and get this damn thing completed. Really really disappointed.

Narktember and Metalharpey like this.
  19. dumbass

can you guys focus on your two time verification code resets ??? and answer my email?

20. dumbass

you guys need to figure out how people can change this thing without you people getting involve because you guys take forever to reply to emails? take forever!!! i say, dont you guys have like an alternative solutions for this thing?