1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer Continues: A Tale of the Fallen Kingdom Reopen and Compensation Notice *Updated

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Goodvibesguy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. CM Goodvibesguy

Community Manager

190801---MOSHeader_forum.jpg

Greetings Adventurers,

During the Mysteries of Summer Continues: A Tale of the Fallen Kingdom event, we discovered that unintended completion was possible for the quest "United as One." Thus, the progress of the event was temporarily discontinued on August 1st, 2019 20:20 UTC/22:20 CEST/13:20 PDT. We sincerely apologize for the occurrence of this issue and for causing much confusion in your progress.

The NPC for the "United as One" quest was supposed to appear as non-interactive until you fulfill the condition required, after which you could talk to the NPC and complete the quest. However, there was an issue where you could press the interaction key during the game's loading process to force interaction and complete the quest. This was not the intended method to complete the quest, which in turn was critical to the result of the race to finish the event, so we had to discontinue the event. Below are the details of what will happen next.

1. All progress of "United as One" and "Aspiration in the Sky" will be reset.

We believe it is of utmost importance that all adventurers must have a fair chance at completing this event. It is with difficulty that we decided to reset the progress of "United as One" and "Aspiration in the Sky" of all players.

Also, we will be taking back all “Key of Truth”. When you can collect the “Key of Aspiration” from Eileen in Velia, you will be able to exchange it for the “Key of Truth”. Again, we extend our sincere apology to all adventurers who have previously completed the quests.

2. Some of the quests of the event will be changed.

To enable fair play, we will change the process in which "United as One" and "Aspiration in the Sky" can be completed.

While the process of the quests will be changed, the solutions to the mysteries will remain the same.

3. We will compensate all adventurers who participated in the event.

We are fully aware that they will not be enough to compensate for your time and effort, but we would like to present you with the below compensation as gratitude for your patience. There will be compensation for all adventurers, but we will give extra compensation for the participants of this year's Mysteries of Summer.

4. Mysteries of Summer will reopen next week.

We have decided that since this event included a timed competition, in the interest of fairness the Mysteries of Summer will reopen next week with the quests "United as One" and "Aspiration in the Sky" fixed. Progress on those quests has been reset, so participants who have originally progressed that far will need to start again from "United as One.”

The Mysteries of Summer is scheduled to reopen on August 7th (13:00 UTC | 15:00 CEST | 06:00 PDT).

Compensation

1) The following compensation will be given to all adventurers with a family in-game at the time of compensation distribution.

Heartfelt Gift Box III x1

2) Those who have participated in the Mysteries of Summer Continues: A Tale of the Fallen Kingdom before the temporary discontinuation of the event will be given additional compensation, depending on their progress.

imgur.png

3) The Gold Bar 10G and Elion's Tear items that were used for the quest “United as One” will be restored.

4) The compensations will be distributed on August 7 during maintenance via in-game mail.

We cannot apologize enough for what had happened, but we hope that the compensations we will give out can make up for some of the frustration and disappointment we may have caused. We hope that when the Mysteries of Summers reopen next week, you will continue to enjoy the rest of A Tale of the Fallen Kingdom.

—The Pearl Abyss Team

#1 CM Goodvibesguy, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2019
  2. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

what about the wasted goldbars?

Platinia, Nyavenger, Veight and 7 others like this.
  3. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

yathink?

Veight likes this.
  4. Rionat

Rionat Berserker 63 NA

Laughs in 10g bars

Nyavenger, Naho, Veight and 4 others like this.
  5. ImDazeeh

what to you think how long?

6. theo1000

Smash them with the ban hammer!

7. renDegade

So the whole stage 9 quest chain will be reset or only the part for the red key ?

8. Konoko

I hope event will continue at weekend, not a mid of a work day ffs

Jenkinz likes this.
  9. Factorial

Maybe this will teach you guys to implement testing stuff first before rolling them out. You know, like what you are supposed to do.

10. Motoko_Shi

Well at least we know where the red key is now. Shadow Arena.

SilverWolf, Wodur, Yulanda and 3 others like this.
  11. Ibirujo

Ibirujo Ibirujo Tamer 62 EU

What does "soon" mean, can I go to bed or will the quest be re enabled in the middle of the night?

NannaOgg likes this.
  12. Motoko_Shi

go to bed

13. CM Goodvibesguy

Community Manager

We've relayed this issue to the developers for further investigation.

14. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

thank you for the quick response :D

Memojie and Veight like this.
  15. Illuminescence

I was thinking the exact same, would be nice if they said like "tomorrow at 12:00 cest we'll resume the event" so we can get some clarity as to whether or not we can take a break and sleep or sit up all night for nothing

Ndianagnomes and Metalharpey like this.
  16. Dubuu

I'm amazed by how many hours and gold I wasted trying "every method possible out there" for it to be an exploit in the end.
    Not only it makes me feel bad but it's disgusting to be so confused that you can't distinguish between what was meant to be and what was an error or mistake by the devs.
    After so much effort I ended up getting that damn red key and it's all for nothing because it was meant to be acquired in some other way.
    This just feels dirty and unfair, I don't even want to finish this quest anymore.

17. Sibyyl

Mysteries of Summer is planned to be launched as a stand-alone game. It will be easy to play even for potential Adventurers that find RPG difficult as everyone starts on an invisible jumping platform. Players that don’t have much time or find Black Desert Online difficult can enjoy the rather easily accessible game of Mysteries of Summer. Early Access version of the Mysteries of Summer will be launched soon and continuous improvements will be made on the content.

--PA, probably

Veight, seanas, yukishiro1 and 4 others like this.
  18. Motoko_Shi

let's hope next time they hire a game designer

JM, Veight, Metalharpey and 1 other person like this.
  19. MikeyMutz

HOW LONG IS THIS GONNA BE. i stayed up all night doing this **** show of a quest im on 2hours of sleep i've been up 40 plz don't postpone this **** take it off pause every time i stay up for anything in this game its delayed/canceled fix your ****

20. Dubuu

Don't you dare sending me GM's blessings to my email as a compensation, I'll rather have nothing.

Balith, Yulanda, Naho and 4 others like this.