1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer Continues: A Tale of the Fallen Kingdom Reopen and Compensation Notice *Updated

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Goodvibesguy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. charkus

I spent more hours grinding 3 items from soldiers grave last year, than what took this whole event to be solved lmao.

The best they can do is just delete the whole event and design a proper one, because its a joke with or without the exploits.

Ndianagnomes likes this.
  2. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

I agree. And the fact they had to change the quests last year AFTER you wasted your time... well, they don't have a great record designing these events.

I'm good with never.

Ndianagnomes likes this.
  3. Ken Chihuly

Sure glad I didn't bother with this questline. Planned on waiting till there was a clear-cut guide out, but it turns out a questline with a "Go figure it ALL out by yourselves" setup with apparently up to 8 players needed just to get a part of it done(?), was ripe for abuse. Who could've ever guessed

Motoko_Shi likes this.
  4. Motoko_Shi

lol we still have no idea if people were actually supposed to work together or not. I mean if they really did put some kind of co-op in this kind of scavenger hunt with major league prizes... I just can't even.

Veight likes this.
  5. charkus

Imagine being ahead of every1 and be forced to wait for the rest to be able to continue xD, sounds stupid but after all we have seen, its possible.

Motoko_Shi likes this.
  6. Motoko_Shi

Hopefully the next quest involves more logical puzzles, like hand-editing my BIOS.

Yulanda, Veight and charkus like this.
  7. Rossleen McDRagon

Cool down guys and girls, i understand the anger of all who spent time and goldbars without getting the key and some did nothing for it expect relogg and got him. I understand all others, who spent many time and goldbars and after a long time they tried the relogg to get the key (there are some who spent there last money for it and can t continue spending goldbars at plattform).

But i think we have to account some aspects:

1. I can´t imagine, that it was the intention of the event quest, that people go into platoon, occupy the platforms, spend goldbars at same time and only one of them get the key. Thats sounds unfair. So i think this part worked uncorrect.

2. I haven´t experience as programmer, but for me it seems, that it wasn´t a good idea to chose the tower of calpheon as location for the essence of light and the new essence of soul simultaneously. That sounds like a problem from the beginning.

3. In the Discription of the Quest for the red key you can read: "and one of the four ways to console his soul, will lead you to the door of truth." For me it sounds that it is possible to find four different solutions to get the key ... so why not with relogg? Especially in the last year you have to change servers, delete quests of your quest logg etc.

4. There are times when the synchronisation at the servers is very bad. For example: At Vell sometimes you dont see other ships, frequently i do not see the members of platoon at our galley etc. In this moments relogg or character choice is working to fix it. So i can imagine, that some try this way, because they fear with 50 or 100 players at such a small place at the tower it doesn t work of corse a bad synchronisation.

5. There are always people who want to enrich themselves unlawfully, but i don t think that applies to most of the players and they acted maliciously.

6. Maybe all users of the exploit have no advantage of it, because they miss an important trigger to get ahead in the questline.

So i think we have to wait now how BDO want to solve the problem.

Until the part with the calpheon tower and the red key, we had have in our guild a lot of fun with the event, and we are curious how it goes on with the storyline of Leonardo, Olivia and last with William Encarotia.

Have a nice day all

Dan Hot likes this.
  8. Motoko_Shi

I don't think anyone's really too upset. It's just disappointing because it doesn't seem the developers understand the framework of their own game. While multiple large events are going on, including a new class awakening, possible fishing event coming up, it seems clear to me they are simply trying to cram too much in at once. Moreover, it seems that this is their standard procedure, and we're pretty sick of it. I think we would all like a refined, balanced game before simply dumping content into it. I mean no one even really knows what Shai is for at this point. These are just planned and executed very poorly, and frankly it seems that there is no game designer in charge.

I mean, it IS supposed to be a video game, not just a giant money hose.

9. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

Just waiting for the usual suspects to come and defend this **** up like they normally do. Wonder how they'll try to legitimise it this time

10. OmegaXYZ

Hi. I have something to say about this. What I think is:
    1) Banning this time is not right for most of players I think cause most people thought it was a bug so they relogged hoping it would fix the problem.
    2) I passed hours trying to figure out what to do, dying a lot of time, using elion tears for not losing xp, wasting many gold bars cause platform keep accepting them for nothing cause I though I would get they key that way. Platforms should only accept gold bars 1 time. Then I waited at the center watching what others did.
    3) Some platforms are too far away I cannot reach them with ranger. Giving us some elixir that avoided death by falling would have help.
    4) I personally dont like this invisible platform, I would prefer using some dust to show them (only for who is using the dust)
    5) The fact I cannot pass the 1st key to my alt that would jump better is a great problem cause I am stuck with ranger jumping when I could use a class that would help with jump. Also If I cannot continue with another class is a problem as well. Players who had the best class for jumping had a way better change of jumping than me. Not being able to finish the quest for this is annoying. I think so.
    6) Just figuring out where to get the 2nd key was enough without keep dying jumping on invisible platform
    7) After the event is resumed I dont want to redo things from zero, but starting from the tower.
    8) A right compensation would be getting back the items lost trying to do this quest before the notice (gold bars and elion tears used for example) not other things.
    9) at the end I DIDNT GET THEY KEY.
    10) why doesn't the character pick up the key automatically when it appears instead of pushing my keyboard all the time for nothing?
    Thanks.

#90 OmegaXYZ, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  11. Icywave

Like I said before, I think it was either:

1. Appeared due to people who were on Essence Of Light and it would show up for everybody for brief periods of time when they got near the area firing off the auto-hide code to make it disappear.
    2. Could have been also when somebody individually completed it (sometimes without even knowing they completed it, this is probably most people to be honest) , it would activate and show for everybody.
    3. Just randomly spawns , for no reason at all. - i just don't think this is the likely scenario, but with PA , who knows.

I think it's both 1 and 2, and the fire interact-able wasn't instanced properly per person like it should have been so it would show up for everybody instead of just the people it needed to be shown to. Seems they had some code in place to "auto-hide" for people on United As One but after ~3 seconds or so and not instantly.

I don't think it was intended to be group content, it just so happens 8 people happened to get on the platforms, during that time it could have activated at any point by 1 person, then showing it to everybody or somebody on essence of light happened to show up to turn in their rewards or interact with it, causing it to show up briefly as well giving the illusion that you need 8 (or 4) people to do it but really I think it was just 1 person that activated it in that moment

I think the platoon, multiple people getting on it and all of that were false positives from 1 & 2 happening concurrently while they were doing it, once people started linking screenshots and talking about, well it just gets around that this was the "method" when in reality , it was being shown from something else entirely.

--

The reality is it's really hard to fix this. I mean, I guess the easiest solution is to revert back to having Key Of Aspiration and let people figure out how to do it on the fixed fire interaction.

During this downtime people are data-mining the **** out of this quest line to figure out how specifically how to get Key Of Truth (some people probably know to be honest and actually did it legitimately). But also, how to deliver and where to deliver the Ilya trade items needed on the next steps.

This quest is a mess, and as such it's always a mess because games can be data-mined hard and then you have on top of it huge rewards that equate to many billions of silver (150k pearls -> outfits is a lot of silver). It's just asking to be exploited and data-mined to hell and this downtime gives them more time to do it.

I guarantee you , people are probably going to finish this within 10-15 minutes once it comes back live which is another issue, we don't have an ETA on when it will, so even that's RNG.

Could you please stop implementing these huge reward timed competition quests that can just be data-mined to oblivion and only benefits no-lifers? The story is actually decent and interesting but holy ****, these things really ruin it.

#91 Icywave, Aug 2, 2019
    Faithye likes this.
  12. OmegaXYZ

On calpheon 4, where I am now, there is another player atm. There is no way we can make a party of 8 like that. Then I have to see if I can find a party later and when. If I have to jump all platforms I dont see anymore (cause there are no players on it already) all alone is not right. Shortly I should do 8x times the effort for getting the key. The compensation si the KEY itself at this point or simply jumping on 1 platfom not more, giving the gold bar and getting the key cause is not easy at all marking the platform i already jumped on. I think so.

#92 OmegaXYZ, Aug 2, 2019
  13. Icywave

I dunno, I mean it's supposed to be difficult, it just looked easy because it was unintentionally being done through a bug so it gives the impression it's supposed to be quick. The original essence quests were difficult as well, some needing 10k amity, which alone is difficult not to mention the hours of farming for drops. Like these quest lines are supposed to be hard for the title reward alone.

I think this stage (United As One) takes the invisible platforms in Termian waterpark and puts it on steroids as it's kind of supposed to be. Since it's a smaller quest line for 1 title compared to what was needed for titles before it's really not intended to be completed this quickly so it's understandable if some parts are difficult to finish this.

Not sure what routes they'll take , we'll see.

14. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Ninja

sssssssssss.PNG
    I hope the above will apply to those who messed it up for others?!

15. OmegaXYZ

Well I didnt get the key so far. Apart that who got the key while in a party got the key 8 times easily which makes a difference between doing and not doing the quest. And being in a party is not a bad thing. It should be 1 platform at this point and no difference if being in party or not.
    It is ok if it is meant to be difficult but it should be like that for everyone.

About this: [​IMG]
    it should apply after not before the fix cause retroactivity is not right in this case apart some cases. I think so.

#95 OmegaXYZ, Aug 2, 2019
  16. Inspirer

They are just incapable to give us anything that's working from start to end and that is for 3y+ Why you are so salty? You must known them by now!

17. Sneakapeak [Murgurgula]

Ok... Great, I am sure you guys are very sorry for messing up (again)...

Let's remind ourselves what happened last year.

The MoS was unable to be finished without bugged yourself into the wall of Pila Ku Jail where the essence was 'hidden'.
    You disqualified the people that got the essence the way it was intended (but by illegitimate means). Instead you replaced the final step with a 10k amity NPC in Valencia which none of the hints, either in game or forums, pointed towards. Currently, completing the final stage does require you to get into the Pila Ku Jail, and deliver the box (like the hint suggested, which you released back then)...

Basically, because you were unable to obtain the quest item in Pila Ku Jail, you replaced it with an Amity game, and after the event ended you were finally able to fix the quest, and now people are able to complete it the original/intended way.

So where does that put us now?

Lets see...
    Quest NPC is unreachable, disabled the MoS event (and likely disqualify current 'winners'?).
    What will we have to do next...?
    My bet is we get to do another ridiculous hint-gated Amity game, with some random unrelated NPC...
    Great design for the final step of an event like this...

Once again we're let down by incompetence, which is especially frustrating for the people that spend so much time to get ahead, stay ahead and have a shot at one of those titles!!

To end it on a positive note, last year was tons of fun, plenty of content and many hours brainstorming and running around looking for clues.
    This year, was tons of fun, clearly not as much content, but still a good amount of hours brainstorming and following around random NPCs hoping to find a guys grave, book or key.

I sincerely hope you are able to bring this event to a satisfying end and don't give us another random task to complete.

Regards,
    Sneakapeak Murgurgula
    <Kamasilve>

18. OmegaXYZ

Last year I was around 500th+ for all essence so I dont think i'll win anyway anything this year as well. Anyway I was happy for being able to complete mistery of summer when it was harder than this year one (8 essences). What I want now is being able to finish this new essence and get the title. It is like a sign that says I did it, that's all. Mistery of summer is challenging to do apart some problems. I would have preferred letting everyone finish the 8 essences and only after that starting the last essence.

Changing topic, I would like to 3d Print my character from character screen selection exporting it to a suitable format. Thanks.

#98 OmegaXYZ, Aug 2, 2019
  19. Dannyswe1235

Dannyswe1235 Kunoichi 62 EU

you dont lose anything if you die from falling

Dan Hot likes this.
  20. Raviehn

As usual this forum is pretty toxic. The relog-exploit was very far fetched. Even if you test a lot, there is a very big chance you miss something like that. They suspended the event so they can fix it. Seems like a good idea.

There are 2 major topics here:
    1. What to do with those using the relog-exploit?
    Obviously it is an exploit. No one can seriously deny that. Pushing your system to the limit and reloging while spamming "r" several times. Ofc its an exploit. So it should be bannable/temp-ban but at least a disqualification for the event. Is this Rough? No, because what would happen if they won't react.. as usual.

2. What to do with all the gold bars spent?
    Yeah… Nothing? Because people were trying to find out by themself without waiting for the hint. The quest wasn't broken, you just didn't know the solution. No ones fault that people wasted their bars.

I know of several groups who were able to get the key by switching to an more or less empty channel, jumping on the platforms and trying patterns. Also everyone of their group got the key. Including those on the platform. The npc spawned for everyone for several minutes. It just disappears for you if you turn in the blue key but it is still there for the others in the party.

Analiyah and Mimimimi like this.