1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer Continues: A Tale of the Fallen Kingdom Reopen and Compensation Notice *Updated

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Goodvibesguy, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Faithye

Totally agree with this, I am one of those people who looks at this and shrugs. Time restrictions, Time zone, Location, Bad connection = Absolutely no possibility of ever coming close to winning. All time gate rewards do is make 1 person happy, and the vast majority disgruntled.

One massive reward would be much better replaced by 100 smaller random rewards handed out at end of event to any participant who completed the quest line in the given time.

Everyone want's to feel like they actually have a chance at these event rewards, but sadly most don't.
    These events are enjoyable, I love taking part in them regardless of the apparent issues and will happily take part in future ones.

Mimimimi likes this.
  2. Inspirer

Its a race game! People are trying to find any possible way to progress in event. And the past exp with this event proved its far from any logic and you can't really tell what's intended and what is not /relog from last year was intended, right?/! So I don't really blame people did it that way, but the designers of this event and the game as a whole. I am so tired of treating us as beta testers.

Aelisah, NannaOgg, Faithye and 2 others like this.
  3. DarkBever

Have item in inventory with 2430239482340 quests enabled and relog. Ez quests. :D

Motoko_Shi, Aelisah and NannaOgg like this.
  4. Galefroy

Hopefully this will be changed so that quest completion isn't an entire mess like it was.

5. Vannie

Hoped there was anything dreamhorse related for obtaining the black pegasus, but well it will go to the biggest exploiter/data miner and there's no legit chance for normal players. Please for the next time at least make the quest somehow story related since it is very very unlikely to actually do it by solving the riddles (without hints, exploits or luck).
    Ran around for hours, wasted tons of silver, just to see the only way people found out to solve they key of truth quest is an exploit. Also, theres people who already know the last steps of the questline, so all the time trying to find out something was pretty sure invested with only the standard reward being the highest obtainable, better gonna wait until the end of event and do it with a legit guide next time. It was fun tho but knowing there will always be a cheater ahead ruins it a bit.
    And please, if you give a black pegasus ever again make it either complete rng or actually doable by finding the solution with knowlegde of lore and areas (maybe even something training related but guess endgame horse content isn't meant to be for people who like to train horses...). Otherwise legit playing people don't really have a chance on getting it.
    Really hope you can fix the exploitable part of the questline and double check if there's anything unintended on the next steps, I wish everyone good luck in the next riddles! :)

6. OmegaXYZ

Hi.

1) a player that simply log in and out cannot be banned only for that. About pressing r key it depends if the player got the key that way or not.
    If the player didn't get the key there is no reason to ban as well. Then some players may do that without knowing thinking it is a bug or cause of lag etc.

What do You think about players that get banned without even knowing that what they are doing might be considering a relog-exploit simply becouse they red chat and some player suggested it?
    It is awfull and not right. I think so.

2) about gold bars platform should take only 1 bar then stop accepting them. It makes no sense keep accepting them if it doesnt change anything.

I think so.

7. xMito

xMito DarkKnight EU

I don't mind if devs'll gift VP90 as a recompense to the people who reached the last quest
    RIP spent time and gold bars, but that event was fun :D

8. OmegaXYZ

It is not fun if people get banned and dont get the key only cause the quest was bugged and allows to get the key in another way that should not be possible.

If a player cause "lucky" after relogging few times or even 1 time gets the key get banned is not right, to start with. And since when relogging is wrong?

I understand [Banwave] 3rd Party Software
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/banwave-3rd-party-software.452502/
    cause of Fishbots, Speed Hacks or so called macro but not else.

As a said no key no ban, to start with, in my opinion, then if a player is lucky and got the key how to verify how he got the key? Players might get banned without even deserving that.

Let's suppose players reach the tower and watch what other players are doing without any idea what to do. For getting the key they keep trying and do what others do. Players read chat ofc and they chat with each other. Some players says what they did and those players try that as well. Being banned cause players try to pass a quest without using 3rd party software but only by playing? Are we joking? There are players that played since the beginning. I have no idea how much playtime is until now, but being banned after hundreds of days for this is simply not right.

I think so.
    Thanks.

#108 OmegaXYZ, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    Crowlley and Dan Hot like this.
  9. xMito

xMito DarkKnight EU

true, but people who used cannon to go through the wall and finish the last quest deserve ban :D

NannaOgg likes this.
  10. OmegaXYZ

I think that there is a difference between using 3rd part software for cheating and using brain for passing a quest doing what a game allows to do.
    If the game allows it for some reasons the problem is how the quest is written not player fault.

For example if I have to reach a platform down below and far away, normally i should follow all platforms. But sometimes it is possible, using another class or letting ourself fall, reaching a far away platform cause lucky after trying more times by taking the risk of dying for reaching a point in a different way. A player cannot be banned for that. Same goes for this quest. If the game itself allow another way it depends how the quest is written and it is not player fault if he is smart enough to find that way.

To be sure I would suggest to add a Black spirit advice that tells players if they keep doing something not allowed after some times they are banned. At least they know what they are doing is not allowed and if they keep doing it they get banned.

That should solve many problems alone and players dont find their account banned without notice and without even knowing that what they are doing might be considered exploit whatever it is called.
    I suggest this becouse there is always a possibility aplayer get banned based on another person judging him and becouse we are not all the same the same player could be banned from a person and could not be banned from another one. Even if the banning system is automatic it cannot judge well cause every case is different and a too general and strict way of considering what is bannable and what not may lead to not right banned account as well. I am not speaking of 3rd party software ofc.

I understand players that get banned for similar reason not related to 3rd party software must be really upset. Why? Becouse time is money and spending time in playing for having all deleted for this is something that shouldn't happen in my opinion without counting the fact that a player has friends in game and not being anymore able to play with them without doing ALL over again is like hell.

I like a lot this game and I created awesome characters within its world and I wrote a lot of suggestions.
    I hope someone will at least consider them soon or later.

Thanks.

#110 OmegaXYZ, Aug 2, 2019
  11. Anemoi

Problem with this issue was
    >it was done accidentaly + until someone noticed changing settings affect it / changing channels theres way too much people involved to give ban as this results in bad sale + publicity.

12. Pernicious

If someone changed the channel, he pressed R and got the key but he did it by accident, he should not get banished.
    If someone relog a dozen times (it could be watched on some streams) - such a person should be banned. Such a person WANTED to use the exploit. Probably, game administrators can check individual accounts and frequency of changing channels / or changing characters. People who used the exploit should get ban or should be excluded from further playing in the event.
    I know that it is impossible to catch all the exploiters so the best solution is to remove the red key ...

Mysteries of Summer from last year was the best event for me in this game. The tasks were interesting and there were a lot of them. This year we got a poor copy of a nice event. Developers had plenty of time for an interesting preparation of this event - it seems to me that it was unused time. One stage is (quite easy) definitely not enough for such an event.

Sorry for my English". - uncle google;)

13. OmegaXYZ

Well at least not banning players who didnt get the key would be right to start with.

Cannot delete this post cause double, sorry.

#113 OmegaXYZ, Aug 2, 2019
  14. OmegaXYZ

When they say "any exploit or any abnormal way" it is too vague. It depends who does the ban. It is too vague to be right with everyone.

For someone a player should be banned, for someone else not. It ends that a player is banned and another one not by doing similar things in my opinion without considering the fact that if a quest is written in a certain way it doesn't allow to be solved differently unless using 3rd party software and in that case player is banned.

I would have waited more time for adding mistery of summer new quest for having the time to write a solid quest that didn't allow any way of getting the key if not using software that would cause the ban.
    I think so.

15. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Or maybe they could not ****ing implement invisible npc.

Factorial likes this.
  16. OmegaXYZ

For example after jumping to the invisible platform (any of them cause many players try it) and paying it, a message could appear telling to wait at the center for some time and if the key doesn't appear the player has to pay again the platform (max 10 times, any platform is fine even the same more times). Soon or later the key appears. The difference is how lucky is the player (1-10), when they key appears (1-10 minutes) and how much time he takes to jump to the platform without dying.
    This would have been better without involving parties or else.
    I would have preferred using some dust to show the platform for myself like this:

#116 OmegaXYZ, Aug 2, 2019
    Crowlley likes this.
  17. Mattys

So if I succeeded to abuse bug at a first time, I should not get banned? :)

Bug is a bug, even if you do it accidentally you should report about it via support ticket and not just be taking advantage of it. Espectially when there's such a big rewards.

18. OmegaXYZ

How much does it last this Temporary Discontinuation of Mysteries of Summer Continues: A Tale of a Fallen Kingdom?

19. Vannie

To the most people it seemed to be the solution, as you had to do char/server switch in previous quests too. Would it be fair in your opinion that people who searched 10+ hours for the solution of the quest to be banned for something people found out on stream and spreaded the info as if they solved the riddle? Some even shouted in server chat...

NannaOgg likes this.
  20. OmegaXYZ

I would know when it is fixed so I can do other things with shai in the meanwhile, thanks.

Nyusha likes this.