1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Amilliya

Ofc it does not guarantee anything, it still does not change the fact that it is p2w.
    What if, hypotheticly there was no rng parts, this would work even better for people who work as they can simply do the event straight up and wont be locked behind a potential 1-200h grind depending on "luck".
    It should be hard and challenging to figure out, but you should also be able to complete the required tasks within reasonable timeframes which this event does not offer.

If we did the same concept for a jumping puzzle it would look like this:
    There is a jumping puzzle with an impossible jump right before a checkpoint.
    Then at this jump there is a small chance every second that you get a buff that allows you to make the jump to that checkpoint.
    Now there is also a little box on this platform that allows you to spend money to increase ur chances at getting the buff.

Do you agree that it would be very poor design to have hundreds of players sitting here on this platform waiting for a buff to progress?
    And even worse with the payment option?

vKilljoyy likes this.
  2. Mana_Mafia

This event was not pay to win. The loot scrolls had almost no affect on the drop rates of essence of earth items. That's like saying this event is pay to win because you had to do so much traveling around the map, and people that had riding outfit purchased were more likely to have better horses and could traverse this distance slightly faster.

Don't be absurd, saltyboi.

I used 2x 1 day kam blessings I had from events/apologies and no loot scrolls. Suffered a 12h soldiers grave grind like many other people, not to mention the many hours spent chasing down the other items.

Count your blessings. You don't have to participate.

#2722 Mana_Mafia, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    Sandrituky, OmegaXYZ and Titansheart like this.
  3. magret

geez, don't give them ideas

4. Amilliya

It's small yes, but its still p2w. They shouldnt have any effect at all on the event items.
    And trainers costume is also p2w.
    p2w for me is when you can gain any advantage over other players through cash without an equivalent in-game(I do accept a monthly subscription like a valuepack as servers dont run themselves, although the marketplace silver gain imo shouldnt be part of it)

I'd consider 12 hours to be quite lucky. So you didnt suffer there my friend.
    Spent 3 days inside sulfur cave and I have yet to get even the first item for this part.
    grinded from I woke up till I went to bed with the exception of dinner, toilet breaks and terrmian dailies.

5. OmegaXYZ

it
    I agree.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  6. Mana_Mafia

I also consider my luck grinding to be average or slightly better. I'm not complaining about the event.

I know many people running kam blessing + loot scrolls with a higher node and ecology level than me that still haven't gotten their 3 dusts or waragon teeth. How did they pay to win, exactly? Tell me.

You would complain about this event no matter what happened.

It's play to win, and with RNG being what it is there will be winners and losers. YMMV.

Good luck finishing the event.

OmegaXYZ likes this.
  7. OmegaXYZ

Yes it is PLAY to win and a lot of effort to do it, not pay to win.
    I would changed random drop event with kill 100K or 1M mobs instead.
    It would have been a true race and will of still.
    Not mobs hard to kill but their numbers would be the true difficulty.
    It could be important the perfect rotation for killing them faster as well.
    A complex rotation would be better.

#2727 OmegaXYZ, Jul 17, 2018
    vKilljoyy and Sandrituky like this.
  8. LORDZERG

anyone know why we not receiving titles "eternal"

9. Vanic

I've been grinding for the Earth quest since the 5th of July and all I have is the Mercury and 1 Molar... I went from rank 36 to 706. All I wanted was the title. I can't no life grind like some of the people who got past the event. Sucks to have a job and be in school at the same time. FeelsBadMan

10. DianTheJoker

As I said - the whole event was disaster...RNG, Bugs preventing people from participating, mindless clues, datamines...

Extending AND making the rewards available is the best thing they can do right now. The race WAS mainly for the PC and the other goodies!
    I really dont get it why a freakin title to everyone is a problem? Why not crying about the other colored titles, given for video or screenshots? You couldve made better if you joined later, right?

Yes, you put the work, while some of us werent given the chance to put it; yes, you beat the RNG by 24/7 grind without payng for 90 days Value Pack for the Loot Scrolls( I did ), while some people have work, family and whatnot; yes, you were solving riddles as all of the people on the "frontline" did - experimenting and searching, while a datamine and codex stuff was out there almost the entire time...

So, please, the guys who got it finished by 19th - stop being ignorant! *clap* *clap* for you. I hope you got in top 10 and you get your RL goodies, but to massively rant against the POSSIBILITY of letting people have the opportunity to play through this and get rewards is just a low behavior.

vKilljoyy, batsaxsa, XSkinnyx and 3 others like this.
  11. OmegaXYZ

What I liked more was the platform game with 5 towers, was very hard and still i kept trying until i did it. That gave me satisfaction in doing a thing I thought was very hard if not impossible at least when I started doing it.

12. LORDZERG

I have completed all the essences yesterday I am at ~ 200th place, I just ask why we do not receive titles... I don't care much for the title but I want to know am I the only one not get it or many ppl too.
    Yeah, I grind a lot of hours at helms sceletons and waragons and I hate that I didn't use any drop scrolls but I increased node of sceletons to 7 lvl and helms to 4 lvl and I have 16% drop chance from knowledge. most annoying is to grind 3hours ar Moretti plantation and 10k amity to node manager and after that 10k amity at Saya Nesser that was the top ot the annoying stupid quest so much energy money and time to go 4-5 times to Heidel to buy wine...

13. OmegaXYZ

I really don't like reaching 10k amity with saya Nesser and spending time doing that. :(

Apart that I would like to find hints in game and not on site.

Finding all in game is way better instead of going from game to site and back everytime, I think.

XSkinnyx and Mana_Mafia like this.
  14. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 62 NA

Genuinely curious... If this is your stance, why are you upset about NOT getting the titles if you don't finish by the 19th?

Maruyasha and Mana_Mafia like this.
  15. Mana_Mafia

We will get them after the event is over. Possibly after maintenance tonight.

16. Ixnilatis

it's not about being a slacker, it's about farming 72+ hours in soldier's grave to get the earth drops alone while trying to maintain a life

LordMg, XSkinnyx and DianTheJoker like this.
  17. Isteria

I think hitting the earth rng wall and spending hours after hours grinding to not get anything is the most disappointing thing that has happened to me in this game. Seeing one person getting an item in 10 min and you being there for days feels like a "fun event" not. To all people making fun over the misery of the others, I hope you will never be in the same position because the feeling is not pleasant.

Congrats to the winners, you won the lottery!

#2737 Isteria, Jul 17, 2018
  18. XSkinnyx

let me just say, i finished about an hour ago and yes, this was VERY gruesome.
    first off, the lahn had to be used to finish those towers, which is unfair to ppl who didnt have slots, or money to get them or even the loyalty to get them. luckily i did have a lahn.
    then after all the searching/hunting for things in my mind, racking my brain day in day out to find out i had to grind THREE days to get the pieces for the puzzle. some were getting them through Streamers, some were getting them through data mining, and also mining the codex site. it should have NEVER been that way. i say many leakers let the proverbial cat out of the bag on lots of things. some of which WERE NOT FEASIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO FIGURE OUT. so now, im red, like everyone else in the game LOL) but im not in no way happy about this event. it was horrendous!
    making people grind that do not have that many hours in the day is awful of Kakao or PA whichever came up with this ****.
    yeah, im mad, tired and not at all having fun at this point. i finished. that part of the completionist in me is happy, but overall just happy that im done with this annoying questline. titles come tomorrow (or tonight at reset) im hoping. anyways, good luck to those who havent finished.
    PS btw, i had most of the sups that were required to do the quest, not a lot had them.(thanks God for the packrat in me) plus the outfits, and some would tell me "oh you can do it without the outfit" some were just not possible to do without if you're not very agile like me, and having a T8 horse was an advantage getting around too. (not all have that) plus having amity to do the games took a very seasoned player. so yes, its PLAY TO WIN AND PAY TO WIN.
    (PSS- *coughs - look who won the event on NA- Coughs- a streamer.

EDIT: yes, the RNG on that amity game is Horrible. now back to my afk fishing trying to make up the money i spent.

#2738 XSkinnyx, Jul 17, 2018
    vKilljoyy and DianTheJoker like this.
  19. OmegaXYZ

As i said I would suggest crypting code related to essence and randomize quests for each essence.
    Plus each region should have different quests as well. hints inside game only.

I would add this:

Who wants to join an event his name becomes green for example and cannot chat with anyone for all the event duration, unless needed and cannot change class that have to stay the same for all the stage.
    Each stage can change. Depending on stage tag with 2 characters is allowed.

This would make things more interesting I think.

#2739 OmegaXYZ, Jul 17, 2018
    XSkinnyx likes this.
  20. Isteria

Mmmm, have you heard about discord?

LordMg likes this.