1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 27, 2018.

1. OmegaXYZ

Also use of any program like discord should not be allowed by launcher during event for players who join the event based on their IP and their Black Desert ID if u want :). A special program installed in home network should check if all is right.
    About smartphone well it is another story :)
    What do You think?

#2741 OmegaXYZ, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. Isteria

I think that your suggestions besides the coding are a bit off.

3. OmegaXYZ

:) well depends. If I could organize an event I could make it a true hell :D
    I am joking :)

well gnight

4. captSNACKS

im just curious what about those of us who spent 30+ hours at soldier grave with only 1 drop? the only reason i havent finished is because of RNG. i dont want to come off as acting entitled to the reward but how long do you want me to grind before i can get the drops to finish it? i spent the last week at soldiers grave every day after i got off work for about 4-5 hours until i had to go to bed to wake up for work the next day. thats just to get the drops at soldiers grave. i still have yet to attempt waragons. how is it fair that i have to grind 30+ hours and still cant complete the essence of earth but someone can come and get all the pieces in a fraction of the time. i understand how rng works but its just not fair that now i cant even get the title unless i can get lucky and get all the rest of the drops in the 5 hours ill have after work today.

Stephmessios, Myke, Nblake and 2 others like this.
  5. Sandrituky

Sandrituky WhiteWolf Sorceress 62 EU

I don't want to experience more grinding hours just for "fun". We want the rewards. Keep the event just like it is. The RNG on part 5 is VERY UNFAIR. The event became tedious when you involved hard RNG on it. Only the lucky ones finished the event at time. You could have made a lottery and it would have been the same, we woudn't have got any frustration. We just want more time, with same dificult, and get the rewards. I'm giving up if I don't get rewards or title.

Patrik2991 and Haurion like this.
  6. magret

title is not important. and don't worry, they gonna ease the droprates for next week. Now instead of having 0 drop every 40 hours, you'll have 0 drop every 20 hours.
    and think about all the fun going through tedious quests when all hints have already been solved!! 100% winning deal. best summer activity ever.

Patrik2991 and LordMg like this.
  7. MadMel

Range designed quests are
    nothing but rubbish and lazy programming which will annoy your player base. this game has a pretty bad reputation for lotto-ing out progress, its the one thing that keeps other games like gw2 still viable and fun, because they have put thought into the time sink players do, you are pretty much guaranteed a reward for any activity you do there. whereas here, not only can you get nothing, but you can loose progress.

this latest series of events just prove to illustrate how unfair and how bad random quest design hurts the very people you are trying to get to spend money on your game. there is no reason for such lazy programming even from a business standpoint. there is a lot more to win by putting something thought and effort into designing events that every can take part in on equal footing, while still requiering effort and allowing players to have fun.

everywhere i look in BDO there is range, range and more range. and in every event i see the same poor design elements of range. random servers for bosses, random spawn times, random this random that. and here we have WONDERFUL new content with wonderful rewards, where its actually programmed a chance that some people no matter how hard they try wont get the rewards. that is a failure from developers. and that needs to be sent as feedback to them. This one guy a few posts above who has literally spent days of his time for one drop. that is not defensible. You have lost, and will loose players to this. Although I'm starting to assume that their business strategy actually is to drop players after they've spent some cash and to recruit new ones, that way they don't have to play around with server capacity, and can keep a turnover of new whales. till they get tired of it too.

Some elements of these events (the randomness) does need to go. but to remove the rewards entirely for doing so, is not at all fair either, to those who have tried and tried and tried where range is the only way progress. in this case the company would win a lot more good will, and revitalize the game a little by maintaining the rewards and allowing everyone to take part. I hope that is what will be chosen to be done, rather than this absurd reliance on constant range. range needs to have a lower and upper limit. ie "at least 10 kills but at most 100 kills" to be viable in a gaming environment. that still allows luck to gate things a lil, but doesn't completely cripple people.

Patrik2991, Myke, LordMg and 3 others like this.
  8. Jagh

I'm confused. What do you think we were doing? A lot of us didn't just stop to let others finish it. I spent days running around looking for stuff for metal when they hint locked it. But with earth we LITERALLY couldn't progress. Hours upon hours of grinding and no luck. I only just finished earth this morning because of how ****ed the RNG was. And now, not only was I unable to compete in the event with everyone else, I can't even complete it and get the rewards. Nothing but wasted time and billions lost.

Patrik2991, Platinia and LordMg like this.
  9. Ixnilatis

you worked for the event because you slacked in lvling trading and had to compensate for it?
    I was gated behind the Earth essence for a whole week and when I finished it the Spirit quest was bugged for a good full day.
    But no, let me not get an in-game reward because "I didn't work for it"

Patrik2991 and LordMg like this.
  10. Yennifer

slacked???i dont like trading so i didnt lvl up that and even after that i was online 30 hours to go artisan 2..my other life skills are all high..i grid sg 3 days.
    anyway my compains arent for the ppl who work for it..are for the ppl that trolling us and wrote that the event sucks,not worth etc and they prefer fishing.
    and now after they got a lot millions from fishing they want and the rewards from the mystery event..
    give me 1b bcs i spend all my hours at the mystery event and we are ok...and go check pages back to see same ppl compain now that dont get rewards.

Inspirer likes this.
  11. LordMg

Lol, I wish I had so much free time to do this event as some people here (I gave up after metal). I guess they should advertise this as event for people with no life (and maybe with no job). But thanks for those salty posts when they announced extension and drop rate buff - it was gold. :P

12. Yennifer

so easy to say about ppl who you dont even know and what they do with their lifes.
    maybe you play wrong game or something?always ppl with more time will be better or get better rewards etc
    but you ppl you want it all ..you want to play 1 hour and earn the same with the guy that spend 10 hours,the free ones want free pearl items,the casual want free pen and go on and on..and always compains about everything.

13. LordMg

Lol, but I really had no time last 2 weeks - I basically lived in my work. So anyone working 8h a day had more time than me, so I know what I'm saying. And also - where I will find more perfect game where you can afk your progress (not as efficient as grind, but still). But please, go on - I always welcome more salty posts. Btw - how many people who finished earth or higher stages figured what to do without reading guides?

14. Yennifer

most ppl used dataming and other staff i cant even understand how..i was at the event discord and is full of that staff..they even knew what to do for the quests that they werent even anounced so they were ready.
    until the third stage it was fun in there but after that with all that was realy bad so i left from that discord..after that i worked with friends spend a lot materials,time to find the combinations etc.
    anyway i dont get it why isnt enough 8 alchemy boxes and 2 tugrand item as rewards?

15. GigatonGaming

This is ****ed up we go through the work of trying to get the items required for essence of earth, they never drop you tell us its extended a week and the drops are now easier but we dont get the titles upon completion?!? Those of us stuck on Earth still deserve a chance at the titles you cant just **** us over like that, this is BS and you guys know it. If the titles arent going to drop just end the goddamn event thats all that we were even doing them for, because if the titles dont drop whos going to ****ing do this **** quest? If you guys are going to remove anything remove the rewards not the titles.

Myke likes this.
  16. Hard_Head_Azn

you all got out played ... KOREA # WON

17. XSkinnyx

And?
    this was competition for NA, not KR which was a separate competition.
    boy someone is clueless!

18. Lailesh

a friend is here since the first day of this Event,he spent more than 7 days on soldiers grave, he dont become the Drops. And you will say, that is fair that he dont become the titel and rewards? It is fair, that Comes People 2 days bevor end the Event to this stage and drop this items in fast time, and he dont become this dust in this time yet. You find ist fair to him, that he grind day per day and become Nothing? i think you an Egoist....

The guys, theire are grind for the item, from the first Hours, theire have become the titel, and rewards,... thats fair.....

#2758 Lailesh, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  19. Shanfu

I read up PA staff's comments about the event and they said that players clear each stage too fast and that they need to make the challenge harder next time. LMFAO. Is this whole rng gate thing not hard enough!?

20. Patrik2991

Lame!! Luckers who got Earth in ~10 hours rewarded, I who grinded for more than 60 hours for the same thing will be ****. Ty!
    I think i should not even mention that if would have done afk fishing instead of this rubbish event i would have made about 1.5 bill more... which is a joke. (Comparision with my friend, so it is 100% correct.)

#2760 Patrik2991, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
    Sandrituky and XSkinnyx like this.