1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Tyddle

Very thoughtful and well said. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

My biggest gripe is the neg karma requirement for "Light". Encouraging PK of afk fishers just trying to chill really created a toxic environment. Adding additional incentive to the already present griefers seems to be a really misguided decision. It happens yes, but this is the worst I have seen in the year I have been playing. I think it generated many bad feelings and annoyances by those that were killed while afk during what was supposed to be a fun time summer event. Killing afk fishers and anyone else that happened to be afk for some reason is just cowardly IMO.

PS. I finished Spirit and hit the wall at trading level requirement 2 days before the end darkness and really didn't want to "cheat" the trading system with the container method"

Fasque, XSkinnyx and SilverWolf like this.
  2. OmegaXYZ

1) Cause a player will stop grinding after getting 3 of these, there is no reason to keep continuing after reaching 3 drops of the same type. It is a fake ofc.
    2) Copy paste in any editing program is enough for making that image

3. Dworkin Barimen

Ok but can you consider for a second ,what would the implementation of it be, if it is actually true ?Because from what i can tell ,it isn't photoshopped ,you can zoom it and see for your self Ctrl+,if you didn't know how to zoom your browser.Go ahead see for your self .And because people like to **** around with other people,they will keep grinding just to see how far they can push it,trust me it won't be the first case ,won't be the last one .

4. Inspirer

Titles still missing after 7h patching!

5. piraterie

did you even read the patchnote ?

XSkinnyx likes this.
  6. Inspirer

I stopped doing that 2 months ago, to keep my peace :)

7. Ixnilatis

This event was something.
    It was fun (was because there's no point in doing it right now just for the experience), unique and just because it was so unique it had a few bugs and glitches that didn't help at all.

Personally I spent a huuuuuge amount of time on the earth quest (+16% from ecology, kama blessing, 5 item scrolls all on Soldier's Grave). My grind hours for getting all the pieces were:
    • 30m on Helms
    • 1h on Sulfur
    • 8h on Waragon
    • 72h on Soldier's Grave
    I finished the earth quest on Sunday, just a few hours after the bug on the Spirit quest happened (EU channels) and the Spirit boxes were only available on Olvia channels. Well guess what, I got no access there so I had to wait. And Monday morning came and still no fix, at that point I event started burning through my energy to level up random nodes even though I knew I was gonna need the energy later.
    After that I had to proceed with real life and just like that in the middle of the day the Spirit Box is fixed which I still couldn't touch it till midnight cause I was afk.
    After finishing the quest I rushed to do the darkness & light quests. I am thinking to myself that they would surely do something, right? All this RNG fiesta on earth, the bug on spirit. Meanwhile I am burning through the event quests like there's no tomorrow, grinding the materials, synthesizing the potions needed etc.
    I quickly finish the darkness part and on to Light
    And the announcement comes! HYPE! They are extending the event! Surely must have been because of the bugs, the #1 player got it only on Monday and some of the stages require insane amounts of energy burns, right? RIGHT?
    WRONG!

The event is going to be extended and some of its difficulties lowered, therefore only the players who completed it within the originally given time will receive the prizes and titles.

I was extremely frustrated, but I decide to give it a go and see how far I can take the quest. Long story short I am on the [Event] Purple Greed quest, sitting by Saya Nesser, aprox halfway done with the amity needed when I decided to stop. The time was 7 am CEST and I needed some sleep.

The aftertaste of the event you're asking? Salty
    Why? Mostly because it was gated through INSANE RNG + needing 2x 10k amity after only giving the hints for it couple of days before the event ended.

In my opinion you should have simply extended it. Just that. No difficulty adjustments, no rewards removed, no claiming that players did and will do it for the experience. Simple 1 week extension with all the rewards still in place.

As of right now there are only 570 people that have completed the Light quest (in EU). Mostly because of the heavy energy last minute gates that makes me think were there to promote the 90days VP purchase (the 10 item scrolls are sweet for the earth quest)

Radge28 likes this.
  8. Dansol

[Event] Essence of Darkness

• The required item in order to suit the requests of the third Guardian during the quest has been changed to an item that can be easily purchased.
    What item do i need now ?

9. MeliBea

Still searching for it, I've tried some options, none worked =(

10. Blood_Noir

Can someone please share the event discord posted earlier on this forum thread, please? I left thinking the event was over, which it should have been. Now that I no longer have to grind A2 trading, I'm willing to complete it.

11. DemonNinja

@CM Yukimura Can you further clarify something - does the titles portion of this only include the I-X titles or does it include the titles Eternal, Light, and Darkness? Thanks!

12. XSkinnyx

unless you got positions 1-10, you wont get those titles.
    only the 3 titles listed in titles.

13. Blood_Noir

According to BDDatabase the item is Iliya Salt Pot. I haven't tried it yet, though.

Dansol likes this.
  14. Dansol

Confirmed

Attached Files:

Nitomy likes this.
  15. Farlah

do you still need the 10k amity /5000 scythe to get the wheat field lookout necklace?

Nitomy likes this.
  16. IDDenis

No idea, but rumors, that you need only one scythe instead of field necklace are not true.

17. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

Also interested in this , if someone has some new information

18. IDDenis

1000 scythes are not enough.

19. Shanfu

Someone told me you still need 10000 amity but no scythe... not sure if legit.

#2799 Shanfu, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Nitomy likes this.
  20. Mistery

Mistery Witch EU

Has the event ended?