1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 27, 2018.

1. ItsOnlyMe

I escaped that place first time there --- that map was shown to me and I LOL'd, as if I can pull up the minimap and see. I do see points of reference but, that's a lot of trial and error. Instead, I made sure every hop and use of stamina was efficient af and found my way out with the Purple Greed and finished up the Mysteries of the Summer.

WHY they added some of these parts.. like going back to Calpheon so many times..... really? I could see if the items we pick up weren't bound... but it seemed like filler. I'm all for increasing difficulty, but making it just tedious yet easy, is not really that fun. However, overall the quest arcs were really cool. They should NEVER make something over apprentice required for these types of events (life skill). Unless ofc they plan to make events where you need 570 GS and level 62 to be fair to all. I do a bit of everything so I was fine, but... they screwed a lot of people over with that lol and the chats, discord, etc.. did not seem pleased. It's not like oh hey, we are making a difficult quest.. it was... oh have this leveled, or go level it instead of enjoying event. I'd be all for an actual difficult quest.. more platforming, really tough mobs, more creative areas like the jail escape (for those like me that refused to sit there and use a pickaxe for their benefit.. should've been able to fight our way out also as an option only making mobs much more dangerous, etc.. as a third option a least... although the "maze" and finding the Purple Greed then getting out of there was more fun than expected.

I know I said a few things over and over, but those are points that I believe need addressing instead of silence as usual.

2. Mexutolavena

Moderator Emeritus

I would like to say.. No matter what you do, you will never please everybody!
    I personally really enjoyed this event and believe people had been waiting for some fun content like this, that we could enjoy as a community. (Although that wasn't the idea the devs had in mind for this event It was meant to be a competition/race)
    I think for the majority, this event has been the most fun we have had in BDO since launch, even if some parts were kind of frustrating at times.. (Like the earth grind for example)

The lifeskill level requirements (people are going to probably hate me) I actually find necessary, let's face it, this event was NOT made for 2000 people to complete.
    I didn't have artisan2 in trade but I rolled my butt off for a couple of days. I actually thank this event for making me level up trade, god knows when I would have got around to doing it otherwise!

Things I believe that need working on are:

Hints: This event was meant to be a race, I can understand the frustration especially of the people that were actually doing it for the IRL rewards. We should not have to wait a day for the next hint to be released so we can progress and some flavour texts did not make any sense at all. Some things were quite impossible to guess until the next hint got dropped..
    After nearly 24 hours awake, racking the brains trying to think of all the possible tin foil solutions to then wake up the next day and see there was no way we could have worked it out.. because we didnt have the hint really boiled my blood ^^

Translations: I got to admit that some translations were terrible, especially SA's hints.

I understand the mailbox and amity game for light was a last minute edit because of the leaked solution? This has to be the worst part of my experience during this event.. Very, very annoying but I persevered and got it done..

I really hope that the next mysteries event (if there is one) will contain more: Lore related quests and puzzle solving, even jumping games if you wish!
    I hope to see less: RNG, hint gates, bad translations.

All in all, I think everyone did a great job, devs and players.. This has definitely been the best event yet in BDO and I love the fact that it bought the community together from all regions!

I would especially like to thank all the mods on the Mysteries of summer discord (which is now the BDO global event community!) and all the regions (EU, NA, TW, MENA, JP, KR, RU, SEA and SA! ) that joined us there to work together on this! Thankyou! [​IMG]

#2862 Mexutolavena, Jul 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Titansheart likes this.
  3. nuhji

weren't we supposed to get the rewards and titles today?

Rai Asura, KYKUR and Jayy like this.
  4. Gizmous

Gizmous Hotstepper Ranger EU

Yes, we should.

Rai Asura likes this.
  5. KYKUR

Yes, we should.

PA please

Rai Asura likes this.
  6. Rai Asura

Hello where are our rewards??

7. NichtohneKaffee

Rewards??????????D:<

Rai Asura likes this.
  8. Auqamiko

wheres the rewards, im sitting there with no silver left because i get a dandelion yesterday...i need my reward asap

Rai Asura likes this.
  9. Boutade

Rewards when ???

Rai Asura likes this.
  10. Masterio

Where is my fokin reward you lazy bastards!!!

Rai Asura and SeanUk like this.
  11. Sizer

Sizer Kilgannon Maehwa 62 NA

Where is my fokin reward you lazy bastards!!![/QUOTE]

12. ItsOnlyMe

The only "race" was for 1-10 and many didn't bother, because RL However, completing all Mysteries of the Summer whether all b4 extension or some b4 and after extension should receive the other same rewards as their requirement was to COMPLETE. They didn't nerf octopus silver after the extension, then no need to take away from others who completed all of the quests.

So the whole "skipped fishing" argument is invalid.

13. Sizer

wheres the rewards, im sitting there with no silver left because i get a dandelion yesterday...i need my reward asap

Rai Asura likes this.
  14. Sizer

weren't we supposed to get the rewards and titles today?

15. Tanawat

16. GismoShow

GismoShow DarkKnight 62 EU

CM Yukimura let me ask, when will be Title available?
    Thx
    Have a great day

17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

How long should it take to get the golden apple drop from cactus. I have over 300 gathers on my lahn at art 1 with no drop and now seventy gathers with my pro 1 shai.

18. Rossleen McDRagon

go first to the invisible tree and speak with him, you will get a quest, after that it will be work quick

19. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Done that but I have just found out I missed the itsybitsy bug step, I put the caterpillar on it and then went chopping cactus. Thanks though.

20. Lady_Keres

This is event has the worst design flaw ever, there are people putting the effort in to get the key of truth legitimately, and you have people stood in the middle leeching the key by spam pressing "R". People are spending money to get the key for themselves for people who are spending nothing to get the key.

Lurea and Draconnix like this.