1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysteries of Summer

Discussion in 'Events' started by CM Yukimura, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Kalipso

I think that the problem in the past is a bad translation. And the fact that we were not given the history of BDO before the event. It was uploaded to the sites of Korea and Japan, but we do not.

Here's the Korea website: https://imgur.com/a/PgMw1jA
    http://black.game.daum.net/black/guide/introduce/index.daum
    Here is the website of Japan:
    https://blackdesert.pmang.jp/info/member/gameinfo/story
    But we do not have it! How can we solve puzzles if we do not have it?D:<

I made a translation of the history of BDO of these sites in Google. About 4 METAL is said in 235 in the section "Media" and in 275 from other stories.
    And my conclusion is that I want to pay attention to Media or Serend. But this will be true only if the event has a connection with the history of BDO.

SilverWolf likes this.
  2. Teknoman2

i'm running through the list of npcs on my knowledge base to see if anyone matches the regret and darkness criteria then i go visit them... no luck so far
    among others, Giath and Mudster are a match

3. TairyHesticles

I have been a away a few days and tried to catch up on the event, but feeling a bit stuck and behind.
    I got Caterpillar, Itsy bug and Branch Imbued with forest magic.
    What is my next step? i am standing at a spot near Cron Castle someone posted a screenshot with it, i think i am the wrong spot though.
    upload_2018-7-2_1-56-31.png

4. Zykiiel

You show the branch to Serbianca. He will consume it, and give you a quest to 'Meet the Mystical Tree'

The Tree is by Cron Castle, he's easy to miss, on a hill, you'll only see its back at first (he's a tree spirit).

To be efficient, make your Mystical Rainbow Fruit first. (Simple Cooking: 5 Special Grapes, 5 Special Strawberries, 1 Golden Apple - obtained by using an Axe on Cactus, found south of Sand Grain Bazaar).

Put the Caterpillar on the Tree first (ignore the options that require energy), then the Itsy Bitsy Bug, then feed the fruit. He'll give you quest to get the essence, you can auto path to it (Its the Lahn Awakening Quest Cave).

Alustin gives you the Metal Quest. Go to the 5th Terrmian Tower and get the reward, included now is a Heiroglyph. You can right click to 'get a quest', though you won't see anything.

You've now caught up XD

SilverWolf likes this.
  5. TairyHesticles

Yes that helped a lot!
    Thx dude!

6. Lelyz

The branch you give to the NPC with quest in Trent and then the tree will show up at Cron Castle. Then you need to make a rainbow fruit mixing 5 special grapes, 5 special strawberrys and 1 golden thing that you pick up from hasvesting cactus near Bazar. Mix using simple cooking.

7. Lailesh

you can grab all 2 cheast first on the 5 th. then 4. th and last :D

8. Ripztar

what do you mean by last?

9. Lailesh

i was thinking that after 5 and 4 i can grap the 3 but only 5 and 4 become you the cheast, sry ^^"

10. Blood and Sand

Gonna be honest here. I kind of wish I knew how many resources this quest was going to consume before deciding not to do it. Or at least I wish it gave an indication that you'll need to either camp the market or have some high life skilling prerequisites. Regardless, I've hit a wall and spending hours farming and gathering for random items that need to be processed for hours on end seems less like an exploration event and more of a resource drain event.

Good luck to the top skillers and marketeers. Probably can make a bit of money selling the top prize if your computer isn't a potato.

NannaOgg likes this.
  11. Ripztar

aom, to sell tought hides, leather glaze, strawberrry and grapes (specials) you will earn ton of money

12. Zykiiel

So far, only Fire has required much of anything...Water only needs a Blue Coral Ring, Forest Requires 5 Grapes and 5 Strawberries....It's not that bad...

13. RaiseYourChicken

I think your definition of ton of money is not very accurate :O

14. Blood and Sand

Yeah. I ain't about that 50 Supreme Tough Hide life. Only reason I even had some of the required mats is because I dabbled in alchemy when I played earlier. If it wasn't for that I'd have been Scrooge McDuck'ed even more so. I get that there needed to be a challenge to the event so that players can EARN that computer but having one of the fetch items be a rather rare crafted item to find on the market on a good day is kind of a **** move.

Inb4 "Durrr... just AFK process until you get high enough to do it yourself? lulerskatesroflmao".

I see your point. I really do, but it feels like a cheap rebuttal at best. So yeah I could've just gather tons of hides and just processed them in preparation for an event I didn't even know had that prerequisite, but I always felt the life-skilling in this game was tolerable in small doses only. I'm not sure what kind of game actually WANTS you to go off doing something else while your in-game character is chopping 5000 logs or cooking a couple hundred beers. It seems like a ludicrous idea if you think about it. These days I feel like I spend more time schlepping around in cities rather than going out and doing anything else.

In short, yeah it's not so bad as long as you don't go off doing your own thing in a Sandbox MMO.

On the off hand, glad to know that later portions of the quest aren't so bad. Still not doing it.

15. Dworkin Barimen

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/fd48682e3802c793713ccd53250ffb32

This gives combat exp 180 min actually,if i remember right or it may have been skill exp i didn't really pay attention,but i used it when i had no active buffs and one of those two popped up..

16. mgaNick

Can all the cry babies that just wanna tell everyone how much they hate the quest and dont wanna do it leave plz. So everyone else doesnt have to read a ton of **** posts thanks.

17. Lailesh

No dont give a Buff....

18. Mexutolavena

Moderator Emeritus

You may have dived off a diving board at the park, they give buffs

19. Itago

Itago Witch 62 EU

Its no worse than grinding Sulfur mines, watched a stream of a 62 sorc grinding there 5+hours without the drop (not 100% comfirmed, but its the only thing we have to go on)

If you completely ignored a large part of the game up until this point, you have to get lucky (market snipe/easy drop) or catch up and make it yourself. We are only 2/3 of 8 parts so far (hints/completed), there is plenty of time to get lifeskills up to what you need if you want. The hard part will be competing for grinding spots if your not already able to grind the palces

Mexutolavena likes this.
  20. Tachyon

can someone check for me pls if the 4 pieces for earth are character bound as i don't know if I have to grind with the character I'm doing the quest line
    Thx in advance