1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystic class Balance XD

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Dehor, May 18, 2020.

1. Dehor

2. peanut777

Well said. This class needs some SERIOUS BUFFS, whats up with the GM's the past year ?? This is a fun class, people like playing BDO when they have fun right ? stop forcing people to play Guardian and Shai please. Buff mystic to a basic usable class again.

3. Dehor

Wel said [Unknown] brother :)

peanut777 likes this.
  4. Nabuch

Riddle me this. What do you get when you mix bad players with access to forums?

This thread.

Mystic is still the most played end-game character in BDO KR. No other class can compare with its evasion/DR scaling at the highest gear. When bad Mystics like you cried that your perma SA class needs buffs, 42 out of 100 MOST GEARED KR PLAYERS played Mystic. Guardian probably lowered that number a bit, but nothing suggests Mystic will be getting any buffs. Don't hope for them. It's not the class, it's you. Feel free to post your gear and PvP experience.

5. Kaiten

Any proof?

The_Grimace likes this.
  6. Ruin

This isnt KR, we don't have the same meta, the same gear curve, the same tastes.

Though I will say I've heard succ mystic has the dmg, awaken has the utility. I still think she needs a little work myself to be viable in even just node wars. Nothing like saying you wanna rr mystic and getting told off vehemently that she's absolutely terrible in every way besides maybe pve...

7. Hypotermia

Well what i see from this is that community votes suck

Distaken likes this.
  8. Nabuch

Since it took me 5 seconds of searching to find the data from their Oasis Ball about 42/100 top players being Mystics, I shall tell you to do it yourself instead of expecting handouts.

Not every class has to be viable in nodewars. There are many classes that aren't. To expect your class to be good in everything is beyond delusional. If you want it so, how about you start a petition to also increase NW potential of Tamer, Awakening Lahn, Awakening Warrior, Awakening Ranger, Valk, Maehwa, Ninja, Kuno, Awakening Dark Knight? Mystic in Succession has very good reliable SA damage and amazing CC potential with stiff->KD Thunder Pound instead of stun->KD. Mystic is CRAZY STRONG in smallscale because of her damage potential and good grab engage.

Everyone who tells you Mystic is bad is just a trash Mystic. Remember, forum users are usually some plebs with 500 gs complaining 650 gs Musa kills them through SAs therefore Musa OP, and 500 gs Musas complaining they can't damage 650 gs Mystics therefore Mystic OP. Mystic dominates smallscale with its obnoxious amount of CC, Succession damage and triple dash on FOUR-SECOND COOLDOWN makes it very good in 1v1 and smallscale. It's just that bad Mystics can't deal with Ninjas or Kunos and will cry salty tears. At the highest skill level the matchup isn't as hopeless as bad Mystics make it out to be. It's still not favorable, but 40/60, not 1/99 like Mystics seem to think. Good PvE obviously, and as for largescale, you just need full PEN C9 to be tanky enough to dominate. Largescale is not only about kills. Class that gets hundreds of CCs during a NW is not "bad" just because it has a bit lower damage. There's also utility. Yes, Awakening Mystic IS NOT FUN. Is it weak? No. Succession Mystic is better, still has crazy amount of CC. Is it bad because there are some classes with higher damage potential? No, it has a role that ego players who rerolled Mystic when it came out to be OP as **** can't bear. Remember, Mystic is a class that scales incredibly well with gear, and it only gets better as you progress. Sure, Guardian might look interesting when you get to 650 gs, but Mystic will still be much better in 1v1. You can look at SEA Mystic Draqona that streams on Twitch.

Actually forum casuals who can't even play Mystic wouldn't be smart enough to find it...

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/2790

"Additionally, based on Korea, out of the top 100 Adventurers with the highest gear score, 41 of them are Mystics (there are 6 Dark Knights). They could be this popular because Mystics are just that amazing, looks great, or versatile. However, the fact that many of the top Adventurers with the best gear and control play them could have been the reason why you felt that huge impact even bigger."

Sorry for my huge mistake, it's 41, not 42. What Mystics were saying back then was "mimimi, it's because these people got to the highest gear through grinding and Mystic is the best grinder", forgetting that KR was way ahead of the gear curve and Mystic being good at Hystria at softcap didn't mean ****. Mystic was never THE BEST class at grinding and falls off at the highest gear significantly.

#8 Nabuch, May 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020
    Chaos Ronin, v.klishev and CompZilla like this.
  9. Ruin

Dude I'd ******* love to make those classes viable in node wars, I hatttteee that you have to play only certain classes to be considered 'viable' in node war. I mean I guess it comes done to my personal option there about wanting all classes to be viable in my favorite aspect of the game. I mean do you think I can play succ mystic in node war? Or I guess it's simple not meant for that Form of the game.

Just need PEN C9 armor??? That's asking alot to make a class good, any class with that armor can be consider 'good' cause their gear carried. Mystic DOES NOT scale well at lower gs, she can only shine when you have a **** tone of gs like the KR's have, that's the problem.

Myistc lost her place as magic counter, now she was DEF op when she came out, no questions there. She just needs a little love again. I'd just like her to be viable at around soft cap or slightly higher, doesn't have to be stupid like guardian. I have 593 gs, I know I'm not op 650 gs player that can 1 shot things, but i still feel like i should be able to do something with at my gs.

10. Nabuch

The problem is that some classes would be completely broken if their NW potential was increased. NW strength depends on things like sustain, SAs, damage. Imagine giving everyone more SAs and more damage. Do you think it would be healthy for all other sides of PvP like 1v1/smallscale/GvG?

Yes, you need PEN C9 armor. Argument that all classes would be strong at PEN C9 is just bad. Mystic scales with that DP much, much better than other classes. DK in PEN C20 would be paper to you, while you wouldn't even feel Awakening DK's damage. Archer, Ranger don't scale with DP that well. You can't say "every class would be strong then" without acknowledging the fact that Mystic would get 3x more out of that gear. Balance at 600 gs is much different from balance at 650 gs, or even 700 gs. The reason 41/100 top-geared players on KR play Mystic is PRECISELY because it scales with DP so much. The more DP you have, the stronger Mystic is compared to other classes. You can't buff 580 gs Mystics without buffing 700 gs Mystics too.

Mystic still has some magic DP. Wizard Succession is overpowered as **** and Mystic might struggle to do anything against it, but that doesn't mean entire Mystic class as a whole needs to be buffed to the point where she can complete against Succ Wizard, because then it would be overpowered to the point there would be no point even fighting against Mystic from other classes.

Mystic is viable at softcap, as shown by numerous 1v1/2v2 tournaments done on TRIAL characters where Mystics often reach finals. Its damage may be a bit lackluster, but why the fudge would they destroy entire endgame just because softcap players want more damage? Sure, you could change the damage scaling to not be so steep, but then it would become unrewarding and endgame players would just drop AP because penalty for losing AP would be smaller and have even more defensive stats from hybrid accs, making Mystics even more annoying to fight at PEN C9+ gear. With Fallen God's Armor Mystics are once again the top class because whenever people get more defensive stats, Mystics are the ones who benefit from these stats the most.

11. reconkangas

I cant say I totally agree with this but I can agree that in KR some of the top geared players are mystics. But thats about as far as it goes becouse when you look at end game content you can't ignore large scale. Mystics are one of the worst classes for large scale unless you breath something into them GVG med-large is just not its cup of tea but then again you can't be good at everything.

But for me I would be satisfied if they gave us back some of our original stats. I am refering to magic resist, invincibility on wolfs frenzy (don't see this one) and our 2% movement/attack speed we lost some time ago and increase our succesion 2% above this.
    I WOULD trade it all though for them to give the please wait a moment bug.

Its pretty notable that stacking end game gear on most classes will make them pretty OP. But mystics kit is almost if not the best in the game. Slapping on 280-300ap with 380-400 dp Eva. Build puts mystic at the top with 1V1,1vX(2-5 depending in GS)and small scale GVG which is what KR itself seems more often than not.
    Small scale I am refering 5v5-10v10 ish it starts to diminish at RBF size and above. This is more do to the mystics low damage scaling and using higher damage skills require you to be unprotected or forward guard only its even worse for succesion even though damage in some skills are pretty high.

Too answer both of you I don't necessarily see us getting a buff i am just glad we didn't get nerfed so bad 5% is not much can live with it as long as our awakening got a buff 3% again is not much especially when they nerfed preawakening were a majority of the damage comes from in PVP.

12. reconkangas

I agree with a majority of this, the magic resist we do have got nerfed enough that made us substantially weaker to wiz, ESPECIALLY succession. I don't see us getting our resist back especially in light of the nerfs that I am assuming we will get next week(I.E. KR just got them) so this will make is very strong again and these nerfs just may put us into MED. Scale nodes I don't see it being enough for large scale but we will benefit tremendously from these nerfs.

13. Dehor

Who are u calling "Bad ppl" brother? I am just showing what dev's made. and How many ppl u think can reach High End PVP gear with +290AP?
    Many ppl play other class and when they have enough gear to reroll. they reroll. ppl play Mystic and striker because they are very fun class despite the fact that they need serious gameplay, mastery and gears to reach that lvl. i think many ppl also play mystic because she fights like in Dragon Ball XD. Mystic is good at High End PVE but if u fight against High END PVP geared player. U will most likely die unless u out gear them. Classes like Musa, ninja, Tamer, Striker, Wiz and easily give u 1 shot kill because they are the best at High End PVP/PVE gears. Mystic is just avrage/ not bad at over all because of her sustain damage. her CC skill and Sorc CC skills kits are still a big Phenomenon to me.

If u give all class same gear (eg: Trial classes) . Myctic is the class that have to deal more then 1 combo to kill while all classes can just 1 combo u. especially against warrrior, valk, zerker and succ wizard; u will most likely have to use 2 to (2+2/3) combos to kill. What all mystic lovers are asking is just a little (10%-15%) PVP damage buff. many professional player play Sorc, Ninja, zerker and some many skilled player plays Mystic because of her big phenomenon CC kits. But the ppl who come to play; they listen to there heart and play whatever they like and enjoy to play and if some random Dev thinks to nerf there beloved class. u will see 1000's of threads like this.

i put rest info on ur head to solve.

#13 Dehor, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
  14. Monsieur

You are so misinformed its actually scary.
    Your 42 mystic number is from over 1 year ago ? Guardian contributed to rerolls of mystic? Guardian is considered weak in kr.
    If you still think mystic is the most played class in kr let me tell you this ;
    Over 1 year ago you could find an insane amount of korean mystic pvp compilations / montages on youtube from different guilds like AEGIS, WAR Heliper (PVP) and that one guild with the red and black guildicon. These have dropped insanely in numbers, not only because some players might have stopped doing those videos but because a big part just rolled from mystic cause its hypertrash. Just search for korean pvp montages on youtube, the majority will not be of mystics like it used to be before archer release.
    Do you know that there was some pvp on glab after the nerfs which was organized by korean players? Do you know what classes where not played / tested during this? Big surprise -> both gauntlets classes where not tested. I wonder why...
    You want to know what the majority plays in kr currently? Most likely succ wiz, dash classes, sorcs and ninja/kuno.
    Because even their playerbase realizes when they get onetapped from archers or 1 dod from a sorc which is hardcapped on offensive stats deletes 50% of your HP in SA that dp is absolutely useless and ap can only be beaten by iframes. No amount of DP or evasion on any class will save you from a player with 297 ap with 1 tet dawn/ or pen rce and if you have a human dmg build on top of that lmao lets not get even into that broken crystal build.
    Besides that, dont even start taking magic dp into account that **** is utterly useless at high end gear, its nerfed so heavily, they might as well remove it at this point.

Rekch likes this.
  15. Nabuch

I could also make **** up, but I see I'm talking to a guy that thinks 297 AP with one PEN RCE is infallible, who is so behind the meta that he thinks RBF gems are relevant. You must be NA to be soooo out of touch. 305 AP with two PEN RCEs on Awak Musa can't combo PEN evasion armor 385 DP Mystic. You say a lot of ********, but if you really look at Dead God Armor enhancing videos, the ones with TET and even PEN Dead God Armors are... Mystics. You are just confused. Show me these Mystics that rerolled, I provided source for my claims, you are just making stuff up and assuming things because some guys stopped posting montages.

And Guardian being weak in KR. Omegalul. Imagine basing your knowledge on some random youtube videos.

16. Monsieur

You are so disconnected from reality its actually scary. 305 2 Pen RCE Musa cannot combo 385 dp mystic? Are you dumb? A musa, actually any class stacked with that much offensive stats will cut through your dp no matter what unless you run evasion accesories. Rbf crystals are irrelevant? Rbf crystals are the reason why archers with 280ap can kill you within 1 CC from range and make your dp irrelevant.
    You are actually so delusional its insane lmao.

If you think i am sooo out of touch i must be NA, which i am not, you are sitting at the north pole, move away from your shitty t1 nodes and do some ow pvp on arsha vs really geared players or just send me your family name ;)

And btw, my knowledge is not based on some random youtube videos, to realize what classes are played the most you can just go to twitch.tv (its a streaming platform in case you didnt know) search for black desert online and change the language filter to KR.
    There are quite a few koreans which stream PVP during midday CET.
    And if you are really smart you open your eyes really hard so you can get a general idea of what classes are dominant and which arent.

#16 Monsieur, May 26, 2020 at 2:34 AM
    Last edited: May 26, 2020 at 2:41 AM
  17. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

I dont get how mystics complain... what exactly is it that you think mystics need? Mystic already has the best scaling in the game, same class DR as warrior/valkyrie but more HP and +19% evasion. She already has 6 FG, 16SA, 6 iframes, an SA grab, great evasion scaling, high HP, high DR, lots of CCs, a vacuum, pretty good PvE, -30% slows, a 30 second cooldown self PA, good self buffs (AP, attack speed, movement speed etc). Im really not sure what you think shes missing. The only kind of arguable thing is damage but her damage isn't even as bad as its made out to be, she can most certainly 1 combo softcap DP with 250AP and as expected that means that when she gets siege level AP she can combo siege level players (barring extremely geared people who nobody 1 combos). Lots of guilds want mystics for their frontline utility and shes an A tier 1v1 class. She really is A tier across the board which is nothing to complain about imo

18. Nabuch

The AP you dream of I use. 297 AP with one RCE is nothing significant, lol. You half a year behind or what? 297 AP is achievable without any PEN accessories, just C3 in PEN Dande, lol. How delusional are you to think this AP is any relevant against 385 DP evasion Mystics?

upload_2020-5-26_7-2-18.png

This is just 2k Euro nowadays.

You can check stream of Alulkos and see how much damage he deals to geared Mystics/Ninjas in RBF with that AP. Classes differ kiddo. Succ Sorc with 2x PEN RCE and 305 AP shreds. Baten or Pruim can be killed by 293 AP Sorc like our favorite Star's End gatekeeper Kappa

RBF crystals are 2019 meta that all top players abandoned by now ****, Resilience was a thing when RBF gems were actually relevant and people like Reespo/Pruim shredded people with them.

I don't know if you've quit the game and only watched some random korean e-girls in the last year, but I don't think there's much point discussing with some random that only ever been to Arsha Aakman and met some 520 gs Guardians. I provided proof for my claims about KR playing Mystic exclusively, you just talk out of your ass.

19. Ruin

I'm not a mystic, I'm an awaken lahn. Yes she scales well at super high end game, better then say witch. She needs much more dp to be viable then most classes, as she is a front liner this hurts at lower gs like soft cap. Lol lots of guild want mystics? Mystic has been bottom teir for awhile now. She used to be a great front liner but now she isn't even good at that. Again I'm saying its the curve that hurts her most. Everyone just looks at high tier end game. She is not a ****** A tier your delusional. This isn't ****** KR -.-

20. Yyiara

No one is forcing you to play anything, nor anyone else...
    Maybe if some of those people stop being followers and learned how to play their class
    with their weaknesses and turning them into strengths, maybe they won't go Guardian or Shai.