1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystic in 2020

Discussion in 'Mystic' started by Blitzball, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Blitzball

So. What do you guys think about the current state of Mystic , nowadays ?

I left the class a long time ago when i had 261AP because of the lack of damage.
    Also , the Crouching Wolf and Wolf Frenzy nerfs...

Any 280AP+ Mystic here ? I wonder how she is at high AP brackets.

Using Frenzy is now suicide, right ?

I hope she will receive buffs someday. She is really a smooth and fun class.

Make Mystic Great Again ! :D

2. Zyhrah

There is a streamer, Elly, who is a 645 mystic. She might be able to answer your questions when she is on.

3. eddie972e

im 289ap/368dp, and i still main her, the class is really bad atm, if i were iframe class or a range class, i would do so much better.
    1v1 i can still do decent, i still have hard counters like rangers, ninjas, and crasy low ping high fps warriors. There is too much dmg in the game, there are way too many classes that deal high insane dmg, and dont get me started with range dmg. its very hard being an SA base class atm, and the nerfs she got were no help, ninjas are a far better class, has alot of iframes, can be tanky af, and deal crasy dmg. I just whish we had a way to disengage when we go into a ball, when u engage u use all ur skills that u could use to disengage, and at least enough dmg to one combo 370 dp ppl.

Hilligan and peanut777 like this.
  4. <|>P b r a D<|>

Mystic main since its launch; these my own thoughts so keep in-mind I'm no Baepae/Dragondildo:

PvE: S tier
    PvP(1v1): C+/B- tier
    PvP(Mass): C tier

Mystic in late 2019 is a bit of a complicated mess. Its not so much that the class itself has gotten "worse" over the year (Ignoring PA's brainless nerf to Wolf's Frenzy). More like a lot of other classes just got a lot better. We can hold our ground but you'll be fighting a lot of your battles uphill (like, 30%+ uphill grade we're talkin') with the i-frame/eva meta nowadays. Succession has made this even harder for us as well, since its making most other classes "better" as we stay the same. We wont even be getting our Succession until some time next year.

The only remedy I see to bringing us back on-par is to give us all the SA/FG that we lost years ago. Given all the Succession power creep a lot of classes are getting I believe this is a fair play for Mystics. Odds are however when our Succession comes out they'll REMOVE more of our protection (whatever's even left, that is).

Go with it if you want an easy/laid-back grinder. Our skills and combos are some of the best-flowing in the game. But if a Ninja, Kuno or Sorc invades your spot (which a lot of players are nowadays) just walk away. You're toast.

Hilligan and peanut777 like this.
  5. peanut777

I quit mystic as a full pen player more than 6 months ago, its fine for pve but you need to really out gear opponents in pvp,(which isnt really even possible anymore) and its pretty useless against multi oppopnents even with 311 ap ... if you take any class in game ( except mystic or shai ) it will obliterate anyone with that kinda AP ... I'm an archer now and i hate it so much i just stay on the sea and barter, I would vote it to be removed from the game if I could ... its not even pvp its just deleting everything that moves with one click. I thought about switching to ninja just to help get that nonsense nerfed but i refuse to spend a cent on this game until they fix mystic... its the only class I really love and feel good on, but its just sad and pathetic to play that class now, it has less survivability than a glass cannon archer and every kill is a struggle against a bad opponent.

Allan1985 likes this.
  6. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

It seems like the biggest issue for non-iframe melee classes in group PvP is just how much damage there is and how so much of it is ranged. You go into a ball and even with crazy high gear/DP some archers or casters that you cant reach will kill you while you're not even CCd. The introduction of archer seems like a big hit to all the melee classes in group PvP

peanut777 likes this.
  7. Aurasormr

Ive been waiting for the day, when the nerf mystic qq stops and peeps gather to make her stronger! Well, lets see how glod her succ. will be :3

8. eddie972e

well u didnt have to really wait alot, she has already gotten multiple nerfs, and other classes have gotten buffs, we dont want to make her stronger what i want is make large scale a lil better for mystic, because mystic large scale is one of the most unfun to play for large scale.

9. eddie972e

so the dmg doesnt get good at 311 ap, i was thinking once i get pen ogre i would be 298 ap i would be able to one combo 370 dp players. like when i fight a zerker with the same gear as me with around 290+ ap or 360+ dp, im not able to land the perfect combo and kill him, but he just has to get up and grab me once and im dead. damm u still struggle at 311 ap:(

10. Monsieur

Honestly speaking mystic is not really good currently.
    Even with high AP u will struggle to combo a lot of classes with high dp. (more and more people have full pen + caphras)
    On top of that, the tankyness with the recent additions to the game like ; archers, rbf crystals and recently succession, has basically vanished.
    There is too much dmg in the game currently which results in a big loss of tankyness overall as a mystic.
    Everyone knows how much dmg archer does and how insane blooming dmg is for example.
    It doesnt help either that mystic has only one reliable iframe left after they removed shift f.
    In addition most of mystic sustain was nerfed ages ago ; heals (600x1 -> 3x200, tidal no SA), infinite fortitude doesnt linger anymore etc.
    Overall its really nice to pve with cause the skills flow very well into each other and the grind is pretty chill. Other classes are currently better at pve tho. In pvp mystic is not really viable anymore aside from castle defence in chokepoints -> vacuum or certain 1v1 matchups.
    To make it more viable in pvp you would actually need to bring current mystic closer to release mystic.

11. Aurasormr

Just polish her design, give her that brawly type back - thats what she needs, thats want i want!

12. woots

After so many months not playing i just looked at the mystic skills; geek thoses guys removed all protections nearly everywhere from that class...

Even in pve where mobs pull their CC without beeing noticed that's just so dumb.

13. The_Lord

every class got rid of alot of protection with the big cc revamp patch a while ago ... compared to other classes mystic still has a ton of protection lol, learn to use your pre awakening like every other classes, alot of people i see complain that mystic are not protected are literally spamming shift+lmb and shift+rmb in pvp and can only use their awakening kit lmao. You can easily be perma SA with a simple rotation. Im pretty sure mystic has the most protected cc in the game, you can cc with rage hammer (SA) you can cc with scisor kick(SA) you can cc with grab (SA) you can cc with thunderpound (FG) you can cc with mass destruction (SA).

Everyone is just looking at the amount of nerfs and think the class is bad when in reality mystic was so far above everyone else that all the nerfs brought her down to where she is actually balanced and still in a good spot, I actually didn't enjoy mystic back when she was broken op , i recently rerolled mystic mainly for pve and i been learning and enjoying pvp with her quite a lot. I don't have the bias of ''oh no im not op anymore class is bad'' the class is still pretty good, just not op anymore, some people really need to l2p before they go and qq on the forums.

kamik0z likes this.
  14. T800

I feel ( not a fact), succ will only make Mystic worse. The Awakening Kit was too good in it's time, and still outshines Pre-awakeing kit.

Sea Burial, Torpedo, Dragon Rip, Pit and Infinity fortitude - i can just not imagine how you can replace it with the skills from Pre-awakening kit.

The 2 skills they will steal from Awakening kit - better be damn good. Cause i don't want to lose my Blue Dragon for just extra damage on Succession.

Aurasormr and Naho like this.
  15. Aurasormr

Exaclty what i discussed with a friend. They really have to take good skills for the succ. Torpedo and sea burial or atleast 1 of those + another. I prefer burial for that +10 style after twisted collision xd.

T800 likes this.
  16. Blitzball

I don't mind loosing the dragon if i get damage multipliers like this :

[​IMG]

Compared to Mystic Tidal Burst ( DPS skill , same cooldown )

[​IMG]

the difference in power between these two DPS skills is actually huge.

Tidal Burst has a total of 9113% damage multipliers + a huge PVP damage reduction ( if you ever played Mystic once in PVP , you know that ) despite Air Attacks.

Prime Ground slash has a total of 23 200% damage multipliers + down attack + -20DP debuff

I hope Mystic succession will have big damage multipliers aswell ! :D

T800 likes this.
  17. Aurasormr

Or she wont, because PA is tired of mystic op QQ that they already pre releasr nerf it to the point where everyone is happy

18. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

Mystic in 2020? down to a balanced state, but no hardcore playerbase left since this class has nothing to spark a passion.

19. Blitzball

No one actually QQ about Mystic . I don't see your point.

People complaining about Sorc and Ninja since more than one year now. They buffed them with succession.

20. Aurasormr

Didnt mean that you QQ - but the general QQ for years.