1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystic = MYSTAKE

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Forgotten Fables, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Forgotten Fables

The entire class is a embarrassment. I was hoping this "fix" would help bring it more in line with other classes.
    Yet, it did not nothing. You spend the entire time playing, "walking backwards" in a effort to block the constant AOE spam given off by all the "superior" classes. When you do finally attempt to charge in, you are knocked down and 1 shot killed. Very little to no defense, nor resistance.

I have Knockdown Resistance at 100% and use Dragonize for an additional 30% increase to Knockdown, and still get knockdown the majority of the time when I try to close distance.
    You would think that the class centered around martial artists would have plenty of passive CC resistance, 2 to 3 grabs, and some active blocks that would allow you to block while remaining stationary or even advance. Instead by the time you get close to most of the range classes, you are begging for CC immunity to kick in so you can at least throw one punch before you are sent back to the respawn.

It's clear the developers have no clue what they want from this class. They nerfed things and then gave them back, only to nerf her some more with this new patch. STAY AWAY AT ALL COST.

PS: I am sure some player will immediately jump on here and say "I run mystic, and do just fine." Good for you.
    For everyone else, that rather not waste your time, play another class where you get more for your money.
    You have classes like Wizard Succ, and Guardian that don't even have to aim at players, don't have to rely on playing safe, and drop players by the handful. - Yep that's balance for ya.

peanut777 likes this.
  2. Spartakatz

I wonder if you even know what floats and bounds are. A lot of people still think "knockdown" is everything that throws you on the ground, but it isn't.
    On top, CC resistance in PvP is capped at 60%. That's best you can ever get, with all the resistance equip and buffs in the world. It will always be a coin toss.

So the only thing that's left for you is to actually learn the game mechanics first, and then to play your class. Mystic's skill kit is packed with protected skills.

3. Blitzball

Mystic is trash for large scale pvp. No matters the resistances you have. She can handle some matchup in 1v1 but that’s pretty much it.
    Even for pve, she isn’t as good as she used to be.

4. Forgotten Fables

Since the developers "Kinda forgot about 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 when making a PvP MMO", -It's the silliest thing I have heard by the way.
    I guess that means MYSTAKE will always be bad, since you can never 1 vs 1 in RBF. Oddly, enough the maps are too small, for the amount of players on a team, so by the time you do find a single player, 5 of his buddies are there to zerg you the moment, your crap resistance fails, which is 100% of the time.

5. Forgotten Fables

That's another thing, this hidden stat crap has to end. I had no idea that CC resistance was capped. Why have resistance crystals at all ?
    They won't cap gear score, they won't cap levels, the wont cap the amount of trial characters, but lets cap your protection against all of them.
    The more I hear this stuff, the more I realize Pearl Abyss are not PvPers.

6. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Youd think that shield classes would deflect arrows, that theyd be able to hold their shields for more than 2 seconds etc etc. In BDO class appearances are just aesthetics that dont correlate with playstyle. Little shai is a tank class and warrior with a huge sword is a zoomy zoomy assassin class.
    If resistance wasnt capped then there would be no CCs and it would essentially be people just slamming themselves at eachother and whichever class had the most damage and iframe would win, guardian would be STUPID broken. Mystic imo still is fine, the issue is the damage and ranged damage. It isn't just a mystic issue its a melee class issue. Ranged classes nuke us in group fights, high AP players can 1 combo 370DP, now imagine what happens when you take 5-50 of those players, now you die instantly without even being CCd. They really really need to do something about the damage, they just keep on making classes have stupid damage then buffing the others to match the stupid damage and calling it balanced until the next stupid damage class comes out and repeat. They need to remove AP brackets or cut them in half or make them only apply to downed targets somehow. I really think that them removing/nerfing AP brackets and increasing down attack damage would make this game much more enjoyable for most people.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  7. sajdas

Its a good thing that resistance are capped (they should be completely removed in my opinion), dont you prefer to win your fights with your own skills and abilities as a player instead of a coin toss the rng resistance give each time an enemy cc you?

Overall i think you join rbf as a low geared player and expect to be strong enough to fight others there, which is fine, but with how gear gaps work you wont be able to compete against most of the high geared players, and rbf is filled with lots of them.

I suggest to look at your protected skills and how to engage and fight in large scale fights.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  8. Hypotermia

Mystic in **** state because over cries from haters. Same thing happens to guardian and hashashin meanwhile old classes become more powerful and broken. For example i don't see ppl complaining insane ranged dmg from succ rangers or the fact that all the accuracy modifiers are over the charts like blooming. It will insta kill any evasion based gear / player

FairlyEnjoyable and Monsieur like this.
  9. Monsieur

Just roll Guardian like every other former mystic main already? Mystic doesnt have any iframes, disengages, sustain or damage while guardian has everything mystic once had, why waste your time with the cripple called mystic lol

Forgotten Fables likes this.
  10. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

dont bother with a balanced class mystic mains. thats not your kind of class anymore. better hop on something braindead broken as long as you can!

Distaken likes this.
  11. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

personally i hate when a good mystic or striker or warrior makes my life a living hell in rbf :p so im REALLY biased vs them as i can do very little to them and they can basically do whatever they want to me. :D

so yes, please reroll to something less mobile and without grab preferably

- love

signed: awk wizard

12. Hypotermia

Guardian is basically now as good as dead. The 20% increased dmg from ranged dmg was probably one of the worst kind of nerfs they could have done to her. Even 20% dmg reduction wouldn't been that bad.

Was doing some RBF's to see how much it affected and i got insta killed while juggering or wasn't even able to land single tick from GI. So basically its now you need to come from blind spot and have personal witch/wizard/valkyrie to chain PA to you so you can get one skill off. And im not some low DP player was running 382DP.

Also for example warrior grave digger took 90% of my HP. So literally the dmg patch and the massive nerf to survivability on guardian is just meh. Its just one tap everywhere from every class (few special cases when this is not case). 270AP Maehwa with blooming takes 70-90% of my hp now

13. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

I love mystic, only mained her with my siege witch, but if hashinshin turns out to be good and fun, I will finally reroll, I already like the aesthetic and lore of the class

14. WhySoSeeryus

you mean showcased super movement and what seems like crapton of iframes aka fotm material? :D

15. Xenon

Play succession and stop complaining about movement. I've seen a 286 ap accuracy wizard completely dumping on everyone in 1v1.. with absolute staff skills. Imagine how dumb it gets with succession.

16. Spartakatz

you are right, hidden stat crap has to end.

but in this case you just failed to take your time and read some in-game text that's been since 4 years there:
    [​IMG]

17. Spartakatz

as much as I would love it, but guardian is for sure not dead. it's been beyond broken, one-shotting entire groups from range with protected dragons maw. there's still a damage nerf needed for sure.

you can't really compare to succ wiz, succ dk or awa warrior though at the moment, they became just insanely stupid, 258ap trials do the damage of full pen big bois. if they don't receive damage nerfs soon, the whole game is just a joke, and gear means absolutely nothing anymore.

Blitzball and WhySoSeeryus like this.
  18. WhySoSeeryus

so your suggestion, in midst of balancing patch is - change spec/class? i guess u r perfect PA customer :D

19. Xenon

Changing spec is different from changing character. Since you're so attached to awakened wizard, stick with it. It's still a monster in the right hands, just like every other class in this game. I guess yours just aren't the right ones?

FairlyEnjoyable and sajdas like this.
  20. ColdCashDivine

Imagine complaining about a broken, bugged class. She grabs you even when she shouldn't be able to do it. She can grab you while she's performing the 'waking up' animation when knocked down, she can perma CC you and she makes you teleport all around for no reason.