1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Due to technical issues, access to Marni's Secret Isle and Shadow Arena will be closed for further review.
    Dismiss Notice

NA/EU Feedback Library - Winning Ideas [January 2019]

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Nov 8, 2018.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Coordinator

[​IMG]

Greetings Adventurers!

It’s a big pleasure to finally show you the results of all your efforts as part of the BDO Community!

As some of you may be already aware, thanks to the priceless collaboration of some of our users, we are managing a new library where it’s possible to check/submit suggestions or new ideas to improve the great world of Black Desert Online. These ideas are discussed on Discord/Forums by the community, and when most of the users agree on the idea it goes into the library.

The library was a huge success due to its amount of content and management (Suggestions, Localization submission, UI feedback, Info & Graphs, Survey links and much more) all in the same document. The library is directly shared with the developers and every time an idea looks feasible, they will communicate it to us via BDOindex. Consequently, their selection will be reported in this thread right away, which means the community just captured the developers’ heart and the idea is possible!

In order to actively participate in this new collaboration, we kindly invite you to follow the instructions posted by Andaro here, and hope you even surprise yourselves with your own amazing ideas!

Please keep in mind that this new process is an additional source of feedback and not an exclusive way where your opinions are heard from the staff.
    Also consider that the workload is very high, hence we cannot promise a timeframe or a consistent update on new ideas taken into consideration; however, every single idea selected by the developers below represents the results of a real collaboration between players and the creators of the game, which in my humble opinion is a unique chance to help shape the future of Black Desert Online.

Special thanks to our tireless man in charge, Andaro, and every single player who will participate in making BDO even better!

Enjoy the reading and thank you all! :)
    BDO team.

[​IMG]

• BD0004:
      Game Mechanic/System
      While swimming, "Q" should make the player dive, and "Space" should raise them to the surface.
    • BD0012:
      Game Mechanic/System
      Provide a way to knock a sailor from their ship so they can take damage from PvP at sea.
    • BD0028:
      Quality of Life
      Other allow equipping Da-Dum Da-Dum Diving Costume or Splat Fisher's while in water

• BD0042:
      Current Content (Monster, NPC, Town, Node, Etc)
      Wharf Manager - when recovering or repairing an Epheria Ship at the wharf manager, please give the option to choose Silver from storage
    • BD0047:
      New Content (New Development)
      Add Age slider for all classes. Many players like older looking characters and many like younger looking ones. This would allow greater character customization for everyone

• BD0053:
      Cash Shop
      Add "Silver Bell" for Skill Exp, this would function like Golden Server bell but for Skill Experience
    • BD0065:
      Environmental / Game World
      Wagon Lamps Should Glow At Night, .....Wagon Lamps, and wagon lamps found on wagon costumes should light up at night time to add further immersion and realism to the game... currently wagon lamps do not light up on wagons, nor do the lamps that are a part of the costumes for wagon mounts
    • BD0080:
      Quality of Life
      Add a continuous repair option to Epheria Ships when repairing ship
    • BD0109:
      Costume for Wagon that makes wagon look like a giant Pumpkin for Halloween
    • BD0110:
      Worker Promotion Reset Coupon - resets worker promotion to chances appropriate for level of worker. (I.e. Lv 30 at zero promotions gets 3 promotions) to be added
    • BD0138:
      Add additional Savage Rift quests to encourage participation

January 2019
    • BD0176:
      Mounts / Pets
      Add new mount "Kamasilve Elk" (comparable to elephant / camel)
    • BD0189:
      Class - Skill Tree
      Adjust Heilang so that when he spawns, he is summoned in aggressive mode.
      Tamers usingheilang in pvp or pve have to manually switch him to aggressive mode which can cost them the battle.
    • BD0220:
      Client UI
      Client UI make the farming icon on the upper left of screen, flash red (like the pet icon does when pets are hungry), when a farm fence has a planted item that is in need of tending
    • BD0238+BD0239:
      New Content (New Development) Mounts / Pets
      Develop "Two Seater" or "Multi-Seater" so that players can ride on other players wagons additional immersion expansion.
      Sometimes players like to take their friends on a tour of the world, being able to ride in the back of a wagon
      Allow the use of the musket for group hunting.
    • BD0272:
      Beauty / Customization
      Add dyeable parts to silver embroidered clothes, and other crafted clothing

#1 CM Yukimura, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019 at 9:51 AM
  2. MeldamirieI

MeldamirieI Rilma Ranger 61 NA
    Ambassador

Glad to have beem able to lend a hand to this project. I'm really glad to see the positive affect on the game the project has had!

Lillekolibri, Andaro, Galatia and 3 others like this.
  3. Netreiam

A good start. While getting a direct answer on what feedback is being focused on makes me glad, the fact that nothing class balance related is anywhere to be found makes me sad. I know I submitted a list of vital changes to help out Valkyrie near the beginning of the creation of this project too.

At least for the time being this seems like it will have more visibility, so I guess all the people left fighting for class balance have something to put their hopes in.

Please don't let us down.

P.S.
    @CM Yukimura

Can you do anything about this thread?

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/cms-we-have-a-question-for-pa.323304/

4. Crimdrac

These are mostly sea related stuff :/..

5. JeanJean

Space has always been used to jump and dive. How is it possible to suggest breaking such a basic game feature for no reason ?

6. warriors

Sea rework Soon

7. Blitzball

Blitzball Striker 61 EU

No class balance suggestions have been accepted ? D:<

8. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

I really dont wanna be negative but those are not gonna make anything better at all, minor and useless stuff has been suggested and accepted.

Mycca, ODB3698, magret and 3 others like this.
  9. Mimimimi

10. Tanjirin

In the spirit of Friday, I'll try to rein in my negativity.
    This sounds like a great idea but the implementation seems off. Granted, I don't pay close attention to some things, this is the first I'm hearing about a Feedback Library, let alone the 'Results.' I checked 'News and Announcements' going back to the beginning of 2018 and don't see a thread title about Feedback.
    It worries me when you state 'As some of you know...' on a topic that could very well affect the entire playerbase. I didn't enjoy Blade & Soul but the one thing they did well was the periodic survey that popped up ~ Either fill it out for a reward or close it / ignore. The good thing about that method is that it reached your entire playerbase, and not just the Forum Junkies.
    A cool feature with this game is that it could pop up based on what you do so you get a more focused opinion: You just hit Master Gathering 1, here's this survey based around Gathering.

Given that the developers take ages to get anything accomplished in the first place, I doubt that they would want to implement an in-game system such as that. But, you should probably stop tossing around the term 'BDO Community' and change it to the 'BDO Forum & Discord Community,' because you're missing out on the majority of the population.
    You could easily argue that the people who care knew about the initiative and got the message. But, with a 'community' driven system, everyone should know about it and be able to decide whether or not to participate. Not everyone has a 'Suggestion' but they may care about one that could impact the way they play BDO, prior to the announcement of something that's existed. After all, the Feedback Library has 2,335 views ~ Aren't we celebrating 10 million accounts? You're so proud of that fact that I'd think you'd want the other 9,997,665 opinions.
    Only a certain percentage will join the Forums or the Discord, but 100% of the players will be playing your game. And, maybe about 30% will be actually playing, and not just AFK...

In closing: I don't want to come off as diminishing the efforts of Andaro and the people that participated, it's nice to see something happening.
    I'm more concerned with the PICs terrible communication and implementation of things revolving around the game that matter
    So, thank you to Andaro and those who participated, for your efforts. And to CM Yuki for all the ******** you have to endure ~ it must be like teaching, 90% pain in the ass annoyances, 10% heart touching moments?

11. skorpikor

Hello! We already had quality of life changes for "Q" and "E" buttons for underwater swimming. It would be great if u would adjust those and leave everything as it is coz rest is working great!
    @CM Yukimura

JeanJean likes this.
  12. Spectrari

• Middle screen spam should be turned off by default for new players. It negatively impacts their first experience (enchancements, registrations and etc).
    • Option to hide titles.
    • Characters should stop screaming HYAAA HYAAA every 2 seconds.

Halvaard, MMoNoob and UsedTextbook like this.
  13. JM

JM

These two are really good points. It really put me off initially.

SpiralEnergy and Spectrari like this.
  14. Akantorian

No class balance related changes, only changes that no one cares about, you aren't listening at all, but you want to look like you are.

Mycca, magret, Cascaden and 2 others like this.
  15. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

@Tanjirin

You bring up a valid point that many of us agree with that there are many players that do not discord, Reddit, or read the forums, and I would like to find a way to reach out to everyone so that they can at least be involved in the process in some way. As the program continues to develop, it is my hopes that we can accomplish that in some way. Right now everything is merely in "framework" mode, but I would definitely be interested in any ideas how we can bridge that gap and reach our fellows in game so they too can share their ideas and take part in this journey. ^_^

MMoNoob and MoonDance17 like this.
  16. JieJun

make the jump system more fluent, because the jump system sucks so bad right now, If the jump system were good, we can actually do some combo while jumping!

Update the silver of trash that drops from mob.

Weight limit shared across family!

Make ENHANCE system better (I doubted you guys going to do anything about this).

#16 JieJun, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    ODB3698 likes this.
  17. Gyford

How about, "fixing the swimming system" ?

And sharing the items in the tent's storage through the whole family like any other storage... I put my food and gold bars for villa scrolls in it, each time I want to switch char for grinding it's a pain in the ass.

MMoNoob and MoonDance17 like this.
  18. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

This, please.

MoonDance17 and Spectrari like this.
  19. Blitzball

Blitzball Striker 61 EU

You should moove your voice slider in the settings :D

#19 Blitzball, Nov 9, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  20. Spectrari

I did so a year ago. But i miss NPC voices, but i really can't stand HYA HYA.

MoonDance17 likes this.