1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA/EU Feedback Library - Winning Ideas

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Nov 8, 2018.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

New winning ideas have been posted and acknowledged for March.

Congratulations to everyone and thanks for helping us making BDO greater!!!

EDIT: Check the library index for more details.

#141 CM Yukimura, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Andaro likes this.
  2. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

What are they?

3. Guybrush_Threepwood

Nothing big, I'm still waiting for trees/coral/rocks/plants or gathering nodes in general to be destroyed after being gathered to distinguish it from other nodes that haven't been gathered just like every other game out there , so we can gather MUCH MUCH easier using our own eyes, not waiting for a stupid cat to point out random resources not even what I'm looking for.

[​IMG]

This is an example of a game made by ONE person. Go to minutes 11:00 , and see that the tree got destroyed after being gathered. If ONE person can do it, WHY BDO a game with A TEAM of developers uses TEXT as its gathering node leaving no indicator whether a gathering node has or hasn't been gathered and the only way to know is to approach that tree hoping A TEXT with interaction menu will appear.

This is a VERY important update that they should do. How are you guys okay with the current gathering nodes like that using text ? O_o Look at my example above, it will be MUCH easier to gather resources using your own eyes looking at which trees can still be gathered.

#143 Guybrush_Threepwood, Mar 26, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Icywave, Erroll and Blitzball like this.
  4. Mimimimi

the original post was updated.

JM likes this.
  5. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

thanks

6. Zyx1

I've posted a ton of suggestions to the library form, but none of them got carried by the bot to your discord... maybe you should check your database for other misses.

So, as a last try I post some here and invest more of my time when i see results. I wasted way too much time on nonworking ways of communication, including 50+ bug tickets without a single bug fixed in nearly two years. :(

. The game should analyse the order of pressed keys.
    For example a witch teleports with shift-space and jumps with space. When the teleport is in cooldown, the witch jumps. This makes no sense. When shift-space is pressed no action for just space should be triggered. The ordering of the keys is important. If space-shift is pressed, I would understand, but with shift-space there should be no case to ignore shift.
    Same with a horse and shift-f for starting to run and after some time trigger instant acceleration. There should be no way to trigger fore chop, when shift is pressed before f.

. Riding downhill and across territory borders should be smoothed out
    When riding from Heidel to Mediah you hit an invisible bump in a perfectly flat road, your horse stops running and you have to accelerate again. I think this happens at the junctions of the territory border, when the game looses height information for a millisecond. At least it feels the same when riding gentle slopes (even roads) downhill at full speed and at some random points the horse suddenly stops running. This takes a lot of fun out of riding.

. Please get rid of the huge display for "cooking succeeded" or "alchemy succeeded"
    Firstly, this information is just useless and in times where you can cook in 1 sec they spam your screen for hours to come, if you don't want to waste the escape command on a clean screen or swap channels. At least make it configurable.

. Same goes for workers. When you press repeat all the messages need forever to flash through. This could be improved by letting workers that are being sent to nodes I don't own anymore forget the history. Then at least the error messages wouldn't have to be repeated over and over and over. Though I'd prefer to have the messages scrapped alltogether. All needed information can be found in the workers list.

. Please reduce the waiting time for relic scrolls.
    This is by far the most boring time in BDO

. Horsetraining-roundcourses disappear after a disconnect or channel-change
    Normal waypoints survive, so should round-courses.

. Please do something on the turn radius of horses and camels.
    Animals can rotate on the spot while standing, there is no need to draw a wide circle and even walk over cliffs or into water when autorun is activated. Try it on the docks of epheria port... even when standing directly on the wayline you sometimes end up swimming. The algorithm goes for very few waypoints instead of using the line inbetween the two nearest waypoints. The old algorithm was able to function correctly but some year ago or so it got broken.

#146 Zyx1, Mar 28, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  7. LORDZERG

What about NPC talking the same sh**s every 3 seconds :D they should talk at least 30-sec delay and speak different things, or the Trent storage keeper that clapping with hands every 3 seconds :D

Ladzimesh likes this.
  8. Despins

Maybe a button to lock and unlock Space Bar jump?

9. Ladzimesh

The same has happened to myself and others, multiple... MULTIPLE times. They seem to just vanish. Suggestions that would/could actually improve the entirety of the game seem ignored (even very old suggestions), rather than the mere small ideas (1 shots) that won't carry weight toward overall enjoyment of the "game" (for every player; or a majority). The suggestion processes seem futile. Repeating every idea over and over, for whatever reason, seems just as pointless. Aside from broken systems and blatantly ignoring, there are other problems. From my experience, the discord channels are just as much, possibly more of a mess than the forums, reddits, and youtubes with organization and cherry-picking or discriminatory selectivity. Screenshots/videos of instances, copy/paste text, and dropping names isn't always possible but often required in some effort to de-legitimize the claims of others. This shouldn't always be called for and causes even more damage to any existing integrity of the community. It also furthers and promotes more negativity, very akin to the way certain game exploits or RNG systems attract cheaters. The game and managements have nurtured the varied negative aspects of both the game and community. There is currently a very strong presence of deceptive over-positivity and deceptive neutrality to stifle legitimate complaints, issues, and suggestions, even when containing an ounce of logic (its really just negativity in disguise). The efforts always seem worth it, even after they get tainted. These are things that everyone should be aware of before moving forward into suggesting.

#149 Ladzimesh, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    AgentTaco likes this.
  10. AgentTaco

To add to what you've mentioned - There are also problems with over defending but with polls and down-voting ideas in general, to get urgency or importance placed on another idea. A sort of "my idea is better than yours" competition. When subliminally these ideas were likely already in motion or in future plans. When the very few fluffs and even less technical make it through certain polls, you get a good judge of what type of players are voting or what type are weeding through. I agree that it does seem futile. Especially when there is no real justification for a company, making so much money, not being able to handle more than that work load. In some aspects, the discords - the threads - and the mistakes have amplified the pre-existing community issues and created even more.

I too have had the same submission problems. I have also witnessed the same issues with other players submitting.

Its been over three years playing for me. And like many other players, I've been waiting around for things to get better. If PA/Kakao really wanted the game to get better, there would be real effort toward every system. But there was never much inclination besides an effort into making money, which we all now know from the strings of awareness found all over the internet and previous experiences from other companies.

I have come to realize a lot about this game and the people behind it. They get multiple warnings and suggestions from players, then they ignore them until it is too late... just like accidental ban waves, cheating/cheaters, bad/broken content, and cash content.

This game isn't about enjoyment, but certainly gives the illusion of enjoyment. The topics many players are struggling with have been beaten into the ground by some players who can't fully think on their own, but are able to repeat or mildly elaborate on an idea. Because of those who keep the hopes of promise and potential. All the points have been made about gambling, addictions, psychosis, and business practices though.

Other related problems come from a player's inability to distinguish between enjoyment and accomplishment. Fun vs routine completion. Just like not being able to distinguish between p2w, p4c, and non-payed progression - or gear vs skills - level pacing vs rng - quality vs quantity - purchase vs progression. Many games struggle with these distinctions in the beginning, while developing. Maybe its lack of imagination, good business practices, plain ignorance, a thirst for manipulation, or money.

It takes more than just good graphics, 3d, names, and menus to make a good game. More than NPC dialogue redundancy, slim original back story/quests, more than a detailed character creator, more than time investment, more than rewards/events, more than map expansion, more than grinding, more than QA/bans, and more than mp revamping. Although those things could/should be considered important parts, they typically aren't what makes a game comprehensively enjoyable, fun, or immersive. Some games miss the important marks. I'm really coming to understand that not only has BDO been missing those marks, they are also withholding various aspects to gain money - and longevity of life for the sake of MMO competition and notoriety maybe? Regardless, these things are damaging the game and the frameworks aren't likely to ever change. How can I say that? Its been years for entirely too many existing issues. The priorities are becoming clear. Many long-time financially and time invested players, including myself, have been questioning if the graphics and promises are worth waiting around any longer and some are leaving. Its disheartening to see wasted potential.

#150 AgentTaco, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
  11. obitum

Why is there no epheria skin at all? Also i'd wish we could select which pet are shown. Spell mtx would be amazing as well. I mean soo much stuff they could have added instead of p2w.

AgentTaco likes this.
  12. Poppins

I don't know if someone already mention this but a workers window revamp would be amazing. This one is too small and its not even displaying correctly the useless infomation its supposed to display. I mean, the names of the tasks are too long for that little window, because of that the name of the task is not fully displayed so why keep displaying it? Could we rather display something else?

Also, the timer for the task in progress is great, but I feel like an option to convert it to % of progression of the task, could be very useful. I would add an option to lock promotion for a given worker; you don't want to accidentally promote that yellow worker crate +1 and it would be amazing to be able to check in a blink of an eye what worker has to be promote without continuously checking his skills.

Workers are a huge part of the game for some of us and dealing with this small window for 80 or more workers is sometime a real pain. Please consider working on this one.

13. XNOO

dunno where i actually have to share my suggestions at so ill just do it here,

fix rangers backattack range, we cant use it as on other classes, makes no sense that if we shoot some1 in his back we wont get the backattack, and EVEN on our awakening if we stay bit far away of mobs we wont get it, pls fix it

another one,

change the dash back to mana, you should be aware of our massive stamina problems, after some skills we cant even move anymore, makes us almost the slowest class after some dashes, and after those dashes we can barely fight cz of no stamina left

if its the wrong place to post it, please some1 do it in the right one, thx

14. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Hi guys, I see there are some concerns present, so let me see if I can address those. Instead of quoting long paragraphs, I will simply tag each person and enumerate the responses.

@Guybrush_Threepwood In regards to your suggestion about farmable resources "disappearing" for a period of time as is present in some other mmos, I personally don't believe this will be feasible within BDO's world due to numerous technical difficulties, as well as current content project timelines. However, considering my personal opinion is irrelevant when it comes to community suggestions, it is something that can be voted on by the community through process. With that said, please submit the suggestion to the Live Form if you have not already. This is the best place to submit your suggestion to ensure that it is registered in the Library's Community Voting Process (or LCVP for short)

--------------------------------------

@Zyx1 If you have submitted your suggestion to the Live-Form, it was not missed. It was recorded in a spreadsheet in the Library's Cloud Drive, owned by Kakao Staff, and registered with a serial number. There is no bot that carries from that sheet to discord anymore. In the beginning a bot was being used to display incoming live submissions, however because we found an increase of pure-trolling submissions (including some very profane and inappropriate suggestions) that has been removed. Now, Librarians manually push suggestions from the Suggestions-Live-Form to the Discord-Voting-Channel enqueue. (Typically we go in order down the list, however there are some instance where we might skip around depending on the "hot topic of the month" for the community to see if there are any suggestions submitted that may be in line with those current topics)

Regarding the submissions you specified "Game should analyse order of pressed keys", "Riding downhill and across....", "Horse Training round courses....." --- these are bugs and all bugs must be submitted via bug-ticket for which we have no hand in. Typically speaking, bugs are not something we catalogue or handle, however we do ensure that information we receive involving large bugs and exploits are immediately communicated to the BDO Staff when we receive them. Unfortunately the ones you listed are "quality of work" bugs, and are subject to whatever timeline Pearl Abyss sets forth for addressing bugs.

Regarding "display messages for cooking, & workers", and relic scrolls, ......these are already recorded in the Library Main Index which is publically viewable.+

Regarding mount turning capabilities, feel free to submit your suggestion to our Live Form to ensure that it is registered for an upcoming poll.

@Ladzimesh Please know that suggestions submitted to the live form do not "vanish". They are recorded in our Cloud Sheet with a unique serial number. If there is a specific suggestion you would like to know the status of, please feel free to message me on discord or here on the forum with the suggestion contents and it can be looked up.

Discussion channels within the discord are just that -- discussion channels and members are free to discuss their ideas. However we do enforce rules such as "Agreeing to Disagree", and "Not spinning in circles". We have and continue to periodically evaluate the structure of the discord in order to optimize discussions and our processes, and we are at a fairly optimized place right now. If there is anything you do not understand or are unsure of, please feel free to message me regarding those issues.

Regarding the other parts of your message, I honestly have no clue as to what you are talking about and frankly speaking it sounds like pure conspiracy theorist hogwash. All ideas that are registered in our Main Index for developer viewing are voted on by hundreds of BDO players, so if anyone is doing the "cherry picking" then it's the voters. Have you voted?

With that having been said, ultimately you should understand that no matter how much an idea may or may not have support, it is ultimately up to Pearl Abyss to select what they approve of and want for --->their<--- game.

@AgentTaco Your commentaries are generic anti-community, anti-company comments. If there is something specific regarding Library process or a winning suggestion (as per the purpose of this thread) then please feel free to post up. Otherwise, I don't know what to tell you other than topic derailments are certainly not appreciated.

@obitum Epheria Boat skins are an idea that is registered in our main index and indeed many people would like them. Alas, as with all suggestions it is purely upto Pearl Abyss to decide when and where or if such content becomes existent. <3

@Poppins @XNOO
    Feel free to submit your suggestions to our Voting Process by using the Live Form.
    This ensures your suggestion is registered in our database and gets it's own unique serial number!

With those above having been addressed, let me clarify a particular question that I have come across on occasion these past couple of weeks and that is "I submitted a suggestion to the Live Form, but I don't see it in the discord. Where did it go?"

Suggestions from the Live Form are automatically registered in our secondary internal document on the Library's Cloud Drive. Each month we pull between 35 and 50 suggestions from this document and send them to a public voting poll (you see these each month pinned at the top of the General Discussion section here in the Forums). Typically we go in order one by one down the list, but occasionally we do skip around if there is a hot-subject the community is talking about that month to see if there are any suggestions "on the books" that feeds into those subjects.

This means that, yes, there is a Queue (a waiting line) and that will not change. In order to properly balance quality of suggestions and quantity we can not simply just "dump" over 500 suggestions that are currently in our Live-Form (and growing every day) directly into our Main-Index (which currently has 400 publicly voted on suggestions).

With that being said, if you would like to know about a particular suggestion that was submitted you are more than welcome to message me and I can look that up for you. "But couldn't you just make the sheet public so we could look it up for ourselves?" No, unfortunately I can not. The live form's collection sheet is centralized with all of our monthly voting poll collection sheets and to display publicly that information would be to breach our own terms that we established for "keeping who said what" private. (Voter Anonymity, it's a thing yo!)

Any other questions, please feel free to message us on discord. We're not going to "shill you off", believe me I have better things to do with my time than to "make up crap".

\_/ deuces

Guybrush_Threepwood likes this.
  15. offmana

I like this as well - my first negative memory was from the spam - glad I stayed with the game

16. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Although I understand your point, I actually prefer it being the way it is because if the resources disappeared or just the stumps were left, the world would look quite empty most of the time. A lot of the scenery is made up of these resources and I just feel it would look quite bare and ruin the atmostphere of the game if half the trees disappeared. Maybe to compensate, a visual indication should be added like the colour change you suggested, but only if you are wearing a lumbering axe on your character.

17. Guybrush_Threepwood

Quite the contrary, if you see tree stumps or no trees around, that would mean someone nearby is doing logging for making boats or making money, or if you're in pilgrim heaven and about to gather stones but someone was there before you, you'll know it too. What does that tell you ? It means people are playing the game actively, everywhere you go, you see no trees but it tells you there are people around you, not just trees.

Even if you are also there gathering trees, you wouldn't mind because you can see which tree you can gather, But with the current condition, when I see other people gathering trees at the same location as I am, I feel kinda mad, some random trees that I approach to doesn't have the interaction menu, meaning the other person there already gathered it, wasting my time.

Or it could be like what you suggest, only when a lumbering axe is equipped then you can see the change made to the surrounding trees. That also should work.

Imo a game consists of a lot of game mechanics, and a good game mechanic should present a believable sensation to an action, like when chopping tree in bdo, the tree wiggles a bit when the axe hit it, and a sound effect was played, but in the end the tree stays there and a window opened, that gives the wrong sensation to chopping trees. I play a lot of survival games and all of them give the correct sensation and feel by combining what i see and what I hear when gathering something, that makes the game mechanic satisfying and fun to do.

#157 Guybrush_Threepwood, Apr 9, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  18. Rayin

Seriously? a gacha machine has been forwarded to the developers when the entire game is a gachapon with a side (and crippled) action combat feature? Virtual Reality technology applied in here to waste more resources on something that probably 500 people out of 5.000 active players out of 10.000.000 of registered accounts will use as for PvP would make you puke the hell out of your body when fighting a camo tamer or Ninja and due the rapidity of their movements?

BDO is really going in the right direction.

19. † Ikrez

Rather my best IDEA should be it

- CP XP for everything you do in game

- Combat / Grinding
    - Every hour in game X amount of CP XP
    - Turning in crates -> X amount of CP XP

Etc Etc you get the drill
    Above 320 this should be a thing to get more CP

20. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

LoL @ these ideas that "made" it through the process.

I guess "Fix broken ****" would be too vague... And pointing out specific problems articulately would require actual work and investment to truly fix. Sticking with cosmetic/minuscule stuff seems the best course of action indeed.