1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA/EU Server Issues - DDoS Attack [12/21] - Updated

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Servantes, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

You can't. You think they actually doing the attacks from their own personal IP address? Or maybe even their country they are from? It comes from many different IPs generated on a fly and possibly from around the world. Not hard to do that for some1 who is doing those attacks.

2. Kerenis

Kerenis Valkyrie 61 EU

thanks, then i just gonna let my pc rest

3. orangeman

orangeman Brutalrage Berserker 62 EU

mine seems fine

4. BaBaum

How it comes that since the DDOS attacks i cant play with my wife at the same time?
    Eiter me or her is geting constantly disconnected because of an authentication error.
    One of us can play but not both at the same time.
    Anyone else have similar problems?

#44 BaBaum, Dec 22, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  5. Vafthrudnirson

I request compensation in the form of returning the unfairly removed functionality of quick slot flame buster

6. obitum

People don't seem to understand how ddos work and why most ddos protection are useless. Sure it work on a very small scale but zombie network are starting to become way bigger with camera and everything connected to the web now a day.

7. pnkymcgrnbeans

Is BDO being DDoS'd again? the game is literally unplayable. No matter what character, no matter what channel, no matter how many times I relog. I have a gig fiber connection, it is not my internet. This game has been out for years now and its still unplayable during prime time because of server connectivity. Come on. What the **** do I have to do to actually be able to play this freaking game?

8. Desert Weasel

Constant disconnects all day today, sometimes within minutes...
    Haven't been able to play much at all today.
    More DDoS attacks?

9. Melirae

Guys can you please priority fix this? We've wasted a day of gaming getting disconnected some 20 times. What's happening here?

10. Lannhan

You guys getting DDOS'ed again? Seems really bad syncs and disconnections.

11. Noisy

Noisy Musa 62 NA

Servers clapped out again or just getting ddos'ed

12. Melirae

Another patch and the same issue remains

13. Vapr0

well. that's something you can't really patch in a week. redirecting, closing, trapping, ending... a DoS attack is EXTREMELY difficult. may be 1,000-10,000 ppl out of 6 billion people know how to stop or prevent one from ever happening. may be even less. Its NOT something you learn at a university or college.

Also, for noobs: there are different types of "DoS" attacks:
    list goes on.
    Here something you can look at before your start raging at the DEV's
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack#Distributed_attack

foxtrotdragon likes this.
  14. foxtrotdragon

For those of you who dont understand this, imagine a Olympic sized gymnasium, filled with mosquito, flys, gnats and more, and you are given the task of killing all and only the mosquitos with nothing but a dollar store flyswatter

it can be pretty damn near impossible to do without some serious consequences Do not forget that even sony has on MANY occasions had their servers crippled by a DDOS, There is almost literally nothing they can do to stop DDOS attacks, The best thing you can do is to continue giving them support, maybe take a break from the game for a wee while if you absolutely must. if anything the fact that the servers are still running to the extent that they are is quite praiseworthy.