1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA Server 10/28/2017 Siege Compensation (Updated)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PM Cool, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Thelle

Sure~ compensate for now as this was unannounced, but make this a recurrent thing and communicate it to us.

Think even castle squatters can agree that a little shake up is better than dead content, even if it is a cut to funds.

2. Lyraleii

Recurrent thing? For what reason? It is our job to create content for others? People seem to think ManUp, Snake, FML, just popped out of nowhere. We've worked hard since day one to be strong and be able to hold our castles. Sorry if guilds dissolve after losing, that's really unlucky and you should definitely keep trying.

But nobody is running a charity so git gud or git oot

Arei, Donahey, cika and 2 others like this.
  3. SignMeASong

To all the newbies who have been gear and level carried by Kakao,

ManUp in particular has been around since the launch of the game on NA. In pre-mediah, they fought against 100-man and even 300-man guilds all the time. Many times they lost, and sometimes they won. Gatekeeper, Redface, the PRXs, and many other guilds. Then came the Mediah and Valencia pt1/pt2 regions.

Again, same story. Except ManUp was marginally stronger. Lacari back then was just an angry mean man, insignificant at best. Gravity was a real threat that ManUp couldn't defeat. So what did Lacari do? Meme Gravity to death @Lyraeil . GIve them the same faith that Gatekeeper suffered. First with the diggers meme.

ManUp slowly rose to be the top guild even before awakenings came out (sept 2016). Yes, they took many guild merges into ManUp. Yes, @Lacari zerged the fk out of Edan. Some are still salty about it @Tr3px & @Greggy .

So overall, ManUp fought very hard for its top place. They aren't a Barcode or the pathetic Iconic. Edan was a server of many toxic guilds, constant guild wars over nothing. And ManUp come on top of it with both ingame skill and outside memeing.

Amethus and Aleckck like this.
  4. Aleckck

Last time i checked Vision couldn't even take a node from FML with the help of 2 noob henchmen ;D. Yo say hi to that op defense team!

5. Memetess

This is what happens when the game starts appealing to a larger crowd and things like EXP buffs and economy breaking events come out. You get cuck crybabies who think that the people who have worked extremely hard and put tens of thousands of hours into making sure they are the best of the best should be penalized for... being too good. This is some Bernie Sanders ****, in a video game. You seriously think that the rich should have their assets stripped away from them by the GM because you're bad at the game and can't siege them.

Here's a strategy: stop being bad, period. okay, next, build up your guild funds, this could mean stop giving your crybaby guildmates t4 payouts every week and explain that you need money. now that you have a high amount of guild funds, hire allies, take over valencia. should be easy, you seem to think it's just so simple... okay now you need to hold valencia, you've still got allies, and all you need to do is keep paying them. by the time you're holding valencia for 4-5 weeks you should be making enough money off streaks that you are self-sustaining with t1 payouts and final war payouts to your allies.

Wait a minute... that sounds oddly familiar to how ManUp got in their current position. OH RIGHT BECAUSE IT'S EXACTLY HOW THEY GOT THERE!

Instead of spending all day complaining about the system, because face it, your whining isn't going to change ****, just get over it, and learn how to play with the system... "B-B-BUT ITS HARD! BUT THE STRATEGY IS SCUMMY!" Get. Over. It.

Aleckck and Lyraleii like this.
  6. TRPX

7. yOOOOOOma

argueing with @GamePois0n OMEGALUL a ranger from a no name guild :LUL: he hated manup since day 1 when we killed breakthrough, he's a lost little soul, dont mind him

Aleckck likes this.
  8. yOOOOOOma

@Thelle please leave, you are by far the most irrelevant player here, you haven't played for 6 months, you told me so, and you come back thinking you know anything lol

9. Claydough

Seige players are among the laziest and worst players in the game

They may have been active on the games release and been blessed with luck early on in the game securing their place in a relevent guild surviving off of these enormous payout

Go watch some seige player streams, none have touched life skills outside of afk processing and have done small amount of grinding compaired to their gear score

GamePois0n likes this.
  10. GamePois0n

lol I personally don't care for it, I just don't like how siege players lie to others who have no idea whats going on, sure 100m is nothing at softcap but it is still a nice bonus to have, btw I was over the current softcap back in April.

I was never in a siege guild, my daily pay always been between 120k to 30k and weekly with no more than 5m, hey I'm still more geared compared to the softcapped players :)

#50 GamePois0n, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    thatswhy21 likes this.
  11. Memetess

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

12. Thelle

No one is saying it is the guild's job to create content. My example points to the opposite of that, putting the onus on the developers.

I think if this continues for another 8months then we'll have some mechanic worse than forced fort forfeiture, because we know how great Kaka is at balancing their game. Kinda how we ended up here in the first place: they thought it would be a good idea to lock castle owners from owning all territories like some have in the past, which gave us the state of siege we're in now.

In the end, I am just in it for the memes and the rp that is guild politics. It is understandable to be upset about this unplanned glitch. It is asinine to think that the status quo of dead end game siege content is a good thing as long as it fills your coffers.

But that's just the opinion of an irrelevant and happy, tiny tamer~

13. Arei

Your point is so irrelevant. They have a reason to be lazy now, they worked for their place in these top guilds. And blessed with luck my ass, they worked for their gear before they got into the guild. Now they are in and they deserve every god damn silver they get.

First of all it's kinda ironic that prolly the biggest life skill streamer is in ManUp (Catsensual). And what you mean by grinding? They are all +60lvl, and prolly 100% of them have grinded for item drops in some point of their "career". Yea they maybe have not done it very long time, why? They got gear, then they fought with to be one of the best and own regions, then get more gear.

You just seem like a salty irrelevant player, just like me. Tho difference between us is that I don't whine in forums about the guilds, cause I do think they have worked hard for what they have now and do deserve it. Is the game mechanics fair? That is a topic for another day.

I agree on some of your points, well more or less that is. All tho I don't know all that much about lying, I just see that they are talking from their perspective. But you seem to have some kinda of a big problem against top guilds, why? That is what I'd like to know. They worked hard, won, got what they deserve. Now they are sitting on their lazy asses in their castles waiting for challenge that will prolly never come, but it's the fault of game mechanics not theirs. Like suck it up and deal with it, we are playing the big pile of **** that is called BDO. Don't like how it works? Then there is probably another mmo for you... oh riiight, there kinda isn't, well too bad so sad.

14. GamePois0n

not sure if you can read like i said, I said have no problem with it at all, sitting on their butt getting free government checks, what I do have a problem with is how they try to lie to others by saying it doesn't do anything we are softcapped blah blah blah, why can't they just admit they are cheesy af and we are over it instead acting up. I still make more silver compare to most of the manup and vision players per month and I don't even need the government cheque. also, you know know KR devs know that siege is having this problem right? which is why the castle for kama is not opened. even lacari himself said on stream, sieging is fun but have to do it every week seems pretty autistic, the problem isn't all on the players themselves like you said, it is also on the devs.

15. 6footgeeks

aren't they making it so in the next season that the occupying guild has to be taken out before the other guilds can actually contest?

im pretty sure i read a crying post from Inven from occupying guilds that it made occupying the fort for 2 weeks actually hard

16. TRPX

17. incube

say byebye to your castle :D

18. Pandaemonium

So don't you think it might have been a bright idea to post this BEFORE SUNDAY'S NODE WARS!

Proto likes this.
  19. Lyraleii

"1. To be restored the occupancy of the territory, these guilds MUST NOT participate in any node wars before this week’s maintenance."

Okay, so if you guys even put forth a tiny bit of thought or effort into not completely boning us, you'd realize every guild affected did node wars..

If you're wondering why (not sure if any GM plays the game, so I'll break it down here) ;

1. Cannot payout without node.
    2. Had to node because our castle was stolen from us for no apparent reason :^)
    3. Have to payout ASAP because guild tax completely destroys our guild funds

So what now? We just lose 12 weeks of castle streak because GM_COOL decided to play around with sieges? (see below)

[​IMG]

Listen, we need to be compensated for this. You post something saying DON'T NODE WAR, when you know we all node warred last night.

Next time you plan to completely gape us, use lube. Water based please, the stickiness of alternatives makes me uncomfortable.

#59 Lyraleii, Oct 30, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  20. Jeffythewise

Like I said before, the appropriate compensation is 100B guild funds. This accounts for the week we lost, the weekly guild tax and the streak that got reset. This mistake is entirely the dev’s fault, and your update asking us not to node war was 10 hours after we all node warred. When you screw up this bad, you should always err on the side of apologizing and compensating players, not making excuses and screwing us over harder