1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA Server Connection Issues with certain ISP(s)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by PM Cool, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andaro

Ambassador

who owns the actual equipment I haven't the slightest

2. Andaro

Ambassador

I can also point out that many Comcast customers have been filing reports about an increased overall outage on Comcast services mainly in Internet services within the past 48 hours nationwide, mainly around San Franciso and along the eastern coast with a concentration of outages in San Jose the area the games host Leaseweb is in.

http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity Screenshot_20180219-194827_1.jpg

last noted in tweets from users having issues, contacting Comcast, the company is working swiftly to bring resolution to the issue.

Also to.note the overall latency score for the US has dropped 3 points in the past 12 hours and is still at a current downward trend as of this message.

#162 Andaro, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  3. Wired x Take Notes

"[New Update] There was a DDOS attack on Leaseweb's network during 8:08 AM ~ 8:30 AM (PST) on 2/19/2018. During this time, players may have experienced disconnection and/or lag in game. This issue has now been resolved."

Uh, no. That is a very tiny time window. We've had lag for DAYS. Nice try. Keep working on it.

4. My_Nuggets

lag issues for me in Australia.... but half the flaws are not lag/latency its the coding flaws im guessing it is very hacky.

and DDOS attack on a game server? if that was the case 100% i want a refund, how can someone make so much from sale and be attacked with a DDOS maybe the money is going in the wrong areas.
    another day of the bad servers and ill be getting a refund, as they can't uphold the end of the deal on online gaming.... invest in items and cant really use them because the CHEAP servers wont allow it and cause random DC.... by law they have to give refunds to people, but hey i dont know anything im just professional locator for debts by trade lol

5. LadyAki

I think they put that for the people who didn’t have any issues but experienced extreme lag/crashing during those time intervals. It’s more of an explanation for that incident rather than trying to say that’s the reason why we’ve been having issues for 4+ days. They fixed the DDOS issue, but that one wasn’t related to the current one we’re experiencing. The comcast/xfinity (and some other ISP’s) are still having issues unrelated to the DDoS attack. I’m one of them lmao

6. My_Nuggets

i dont know what one they are talking about lol for the last few hours since i went online its been shocking and like in NA isnt it night not peak?
    plus if it was a DDOS attack would be more issues, they are just throwing excuses cause why maintain servers on a ending contract

7. My_Nuggets

shady income reports / bad servers and ending contracts.... i think when you add all that together you get whats really going on

8. Andaro

Ambassador

you would be surprised how often game servers get ddos'd by some banned or upset protesting script kiddy that thinks they're a Blackhat since they downloaded LOIC

LadyAki likes this.
  9. Andaro

Ambassador

if I had a pearl for ever doomsday post in these forums they would have to add more warehouse storage for me to expand.

10. Ssquishy66

Im Aussie and still having massive problems

11. LadyAki

Was too lazy to find your other comment to quote about wanting a refund for a DDoS attack. Just wanted to say DDoS attacks happen to even big wealthy companies lmao. It isn’t as easy but it’s definitely possible and has happened before.

12. My_Nuggets

if you think this you clearly have no idea how a DDOS works... a salty kid wouldnt affect the server with a basic DDOS unless the servers are ran off a mobile..... just wait maybe they are the way they are running lol

13. Andaro

Ambassador

no in all honesty one single player isn't going to do jack diddly. Even a dozen or more probably just a fart in the wind.

But how many people are pissed off atm?
    I'm sure at least a few of them overseas have a botnet in their arsenal.

They also don't have to target the server or host itself but merely a router or hub along the way. You might not take the server down, but you'll surely piss off enough people by disrupting their connection to that server such that they create mass rant threads, social media outbursts, etc.

So...yes. Its very probable. It's happened before to many publishers and many games.

#173 Andaro, Feb 20, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    DanksRippin and LadyAki like this.
  14. DanksRippin

its your host having problems with certain isps, change the host and the isps are not an issue

15. Kotaro

thank you IZZI Cablecom never fail never down!!

the best

16. [FoH]Harfle

Lol, one post three days late. A follow up update about one ddos attack and no updates since. Great work on improving your communication with the community.

17. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

I think they hate us as much as we hate them.....

[FoH]Harfle likes this.
  18. Soty92

So just to see how it would work since I've had many people recommend a full reinstall. Absolutely no change in stability. 6 minutes at processing screen .Got in .immediately disconnected. Have no connection issues with overwatch,rainbow six siege, or SWTOR .This is 100% not a Comcast/Xfinity issue. 100% BDO server side

19. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

So I wasn't having any issues NA east Optimum ISP. Now I'm starting to have Disconnections. The problem is starting to expand to other services. Lease web is the sh*tty issue here.

20. KuraiKuroya

I've gotten the craziest lag spikes, same as other people in this thread. I play on the NA server, though I'm from the Netherlands, and we do not have comcast here. I really hope this gets resolved soon, thank you~.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.