1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA Server Issues - DDoS Attack [12/20] - Updated

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Yukimura, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Kaptional

Kaptional Kaptional Witch

Trash and they know it!

nakedpaws likes this.
  2. oldmanpaw

5am central time and na servers i cant get on so what are they still down, i get stuck at processing screen and when i do get in i get did not connect to server

3. Nezrox

Nezrox Kitsuneonii Warrior 61 NA

there goes my 10 hour skill and combat training. damn salty ******* who dont get what they want, want to ruin it for everyone else. time to submit a ticket maybe all get my books back.

4. Kaishang

Just as my beserker was getting ready to throw NPCs off of a cliff at the abandoned iron mine. Oh well, I am going to go drool on my pillow. Have a great day everyone!

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  5. Reigne Irkalla

By work you mean...….. kindergarten, right?

Ventesa likes this.
  6. XSkinnyx

606 am EST still crashing, have to task manager to get back out of the game. goes to start, then into processing, and sometimes gets stuck there, other times i get in, then it crashes.

now getting "failed to connect"

7. nakedpaws

Bdo learns to fix BUGS when ????? 2018????

DrDeath likes this.
  8. DrDeath

I don't care what the problem is... just unplug some **** and McGyver up what ever you have to I wanna get my game on! Sick of this broken ass game and sick dropping money on pearls for broken content and the constant server/isp/ddos nonsense!

JUST FIX IT FER GuuuuuuD!!!!!!

9. ragingphoinix

So, stop spending money if you don't want to be a doormat. I'm as pissed as everyone else about it. But tantrums aren't going to make them listen. Talk with your wallet.

10. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Just as an additional thought...

I know a lot of folk will be submitting tickets due to these issues, I would like to recommend we all help our Staff Team out by using a common subject header when filling out your tickets, such as "DDOS". Using an appropriate keyword can help them to group tickets easier for faster resolutions, especially since not everyone will file their tickets under the same category.

With that said, lets remain calm, and they will get us sorted. Don't let the Grinches ruin our holidays, its just what they want.

CM Yukimura likes this.
  11. Lepercy

Pretty sure someone got butthurt in game that their gender was assumed wrongly and this is the result of said action.... these younger adults these days cannot handle stress of flipping a burger for a job let alone the stress of failure in a mmo... One mishap and tempers flare up and they have to seek revenge no matter who they hurt...

I am probably not the only one thinking this, but it’s not just the kids that need to grow up but it’s the adults as well... Get you heads out of your ass, work together towards common goals, and let’s go kills some ****!

12. TripleOgburn.

13. CoolJaxn

Man I just got dc bout 15min ago. I had just clicked purchase button on t8 horse , I hope I get horse or silver back if I can ever log in..... fingers crossed

14. TripleOgburn.

So is this a NA thing....dose it happen all the time on this game.. new guy

15. Genericus

Was just able to connect to a world!
    Picked my Character, and I am in!

16. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

No, just once in a while when someone gets cranky.

17. TripleOgburn.

well i guest not ....i really feel like a gamer this morning, what a great feeling my game is so bad---, People are really putting time into stoping you from playing i love this game already ....

18. ragingphoinix

I'm not going to sugarcoat it. So early on at launch, we had a little bit of stability issues, but nothing like what we've experienced over the last year. They will always claim 'ddos', and before they changed vendors, that was their 'official wording'. Then they flat out blamed everyone's isps. The techies traced the routes and found it was a combination of shitty Leaseweb routing and crappy servers, and after about 6 months of dealing with that, they finally 'upgraded'. https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/notice-na-service-provider-change.172034/ That was the change in service providers. You can look up Level 3 communications and see how that was more of a lateral move on their part. If you go back further, you'll see the old announcements starting from the real instability to April 25th, and you can piece together what went on during that time.

However, every few months or so, this happens. They haven't done anything in the way of protections against these sort of things and still are paying for the next lowest bidder, so yes, it happens a bit more frequently than in other games that actually spend money on their structure.

You can mitigate some of the damage through a vpn, even here in the states. Seems to help our kiwis in our guild. They tend to have better stability then us state-siders but it still comes down to Kakao not putting any effort into their system.

#138 ragingphoinix, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    Lepercy likes this.
  19. Factorial

First, welcome to BDO.

Second, welcome to everyday.

20. Kamie

I am really skeptical that "ddos" attack started right after a big patch like that, unless the new patch introduced some security breach, but there is no way it is not related. Why would someone attack the server at 5am but not during US prime time if they wanted to hurt us?

Also, you should never be content when the attack just magically stop like yesterday. It means they haven't found the problem and it is obviously still here. I am hoping that even if the attack stop by magic again today, the team will keep investigating the reasons this keeps happening.

Arkse and ragingphoinix like this.