1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA Server Issues Oct 27 (Resolved)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Servantes, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Takarouk

Takarouk Musa 62

2. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

3. WNxArcticwolf

Thought they fixed it again. ?

4. Vercinorix

DDoS is back again as of 09:20 Eastern US time

5. Demozic

simple same as flaming others on the internet, how does it benefit them? it doesn't just enjoy seeing ppl react to it..

6. Pep_Pur

https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/ddos/what-is-a-ddos-attack/
    They may need something like Cloudflare. They explain each kind of attack and how to clean it up then how to prevent it. It's $200 a month for a company. I would think it would be easy to google and find another good company if they do not like cloudflare.

7. Amieelee

Amieelee Valkyrie 63 NA

[Details]

[04:08 PDT / 11:04 UTC]
    • DDOS attacks were initiated and started affecting NA servers

[05:05 PDT / 12:05 UTC]
    • Currently DDOS attack has stopped. However further measures are being taken to staibilize the servers and cut off further attacks.

[06:30 PDT / 13:30 UTC]
    • Another DDOS attack has been confirmed. Continual attacks will affect server stability. We will continue to update the situation.

8. Boink

Can you guys at least turn off the xp deaths and crystal loss? I lost a crystals today and xp because of it.

9. bladie

YOU GUYS BETTER EXTEND OUR VALUE PACKS TIMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If these "DDOS" attacks mysteriously end after TWITCHCON, I'm going to be very suspicious.

Stillwaters likes this.
  10. Demozic

if u know servers aree getting ddos stop going into combat kinda ya fault

11. jp35351Returns

going that far, then you know... there technically is no way to prove that this isn't an insider.. as in, someone at kakao could have set this up, or for that matter even been company plan... js

12. Boink

Let me describe your logic for you:

If you know there are hackers in the internet that means I should not use my credit card for online purchases because I can get hacked? If the company i used it on was hacked and got my info "it is my fault".

Keep your nonsense to yourself please. thanks.

Stillwaters likes this.
  13. Safiregirl

I hope we are going to be reimbursed for the exp/skill books that we are wasting money on. Hope this gets fixed soon.

14. @CM Servantes Serious question here for a moment: one of the main perks of NA being switched to level 3 was their infrastructure and protocols in place to redirect and curb the effects of DDoS due to simple overwhelming requests.

If it is indeed a DDoS of the very fashion we were advertised to have mitigations against why are we being so consistently affected?

Stillwaters likes this.
  15. Stillwaters

No they are immature assholes and I hope they are found and prosecuted

16. Demozic

two different things...

What i am saying is they said their are server issues you wanna pop bells and go out pve and die and lose xp money loyalties or whatever it is your own fault wait till they got **** stable

hackers on the internet? yeah virus protection? don't click random links? don't browse shady **** at the end of the day if u get viruses and get hacked that would legit be your own fault.. facebook says they had a breach change your passwords you decide not to your account gets hacked??? what u said makes no sense man

also

"I hope we are going to be reimbursed for the exp/skill books that we are wasting money on. Hope this gets fixed soon."

people jumpin on the train of wanting "compensation" same thing if you know there is a chance of many dc or whatever why buy books pop bells pve and other stuff that will come with a loss..?

My holy "logic" is stop tryna jump on the compensation train kinda getting abused...

#36 Demozic, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2018
  17. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

I can understand getting compansate on the first day of this but yes, if they say they are having issues and you like well I'ma do all this stuff, and servers crash that's your fault. It's not their fault however when the attacks first happened and some ppl could have lost hrs of the training books, ect

18. Boink

So how does one predict as a paying customer when the "server is stable". What I'm saying is add a feature in game where they can prevent people for losing xp just because IT can happen. The server issues will always be there. No one knows when they are going to attack next. If I use your principle i be stuck in Olvia farming beetles because "it is my fault if i go out there and the server got DDOS in the distant future".

It is their job as a company to keep the damage to a minimum by adding features that they can provide for their customers; a peace of mind. Just like companies that have fraud protection just in case they got their system hack and hackers got a hold of their customers credit card.

I didn't even state anything about compensation trains. You are just blurting more b.s. that you already have.

19. Skarrlette

Skarrlette Sorceress 62 NA

So back to my question... Why is this necessary? Because you can't enjoy a game, no one can? (you being the attackers)

20. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

Thats a total falacy. You can not compare one thing with the other. In one scenerio you have the internet, which it this huge environment where anything can happen at any giving time as well as it might never happen to you. Now you have the game situation where you know for sure that there are connectivity issues happening even as we speak. I mean. This is a certainty that servers are messed up right now and there is no maybe,. this is really happenng now and you still decide to do the stupidity to go PvP. Now you want to blame them for you being as ignorant as ignorant can be? Man, get yourself checked.