1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA Server Issues Oct 27 (Resolved)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Servantes, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Asterotis

I know the culprits!

It's Gamenet. <w< I mean, after the whole RU server fiasco, they decided to exact revenge by taking PA/KAKAO down with them, the same way they screwed their playerbase over.

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

Then they DDOS wrong region zzz

3. Asterotis

Exactly!

Why would they attack their own region when they can attack NA?

We basically have the license for a good chunk of the players, and if RU can't have anything nice and have to wait for a new translation practically, then why should anyone else? Especially North Americans? <w< >w> It's the perfect conspiracy! Gamenet wants revenge and the deal with Kakao wasn't enough for them, so they're trying to sink our nice little ship!

You know what big event is happening? TWITCHCON! The time where the least workers are and the perfect time to attack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#43 Asterotis, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    ViktoryiaV and BellaKora like this.
  4. Boink

This is NOT I repeat NOT the first time BDO Servers got DDOS. Let's go with this fact.

Yesterday they stated "Our efforts have significantly reduced the impact this has on the quality of the service, but we recognise some disruption is still present. We continue to work to bring the situation fully under control as quickly as possible."

Servers have been stabilized but we will continue to monitor the situation.

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/na-server-issues.319890/

Connectivity issues is not the same as an actual attack. I don't know for sure when they are going to DDOS the servers or anytime in the distant future. They don't do this CONSISTENTLY enough so I can wait for the right time to get out of Olvia town and farm grass beetles. Do you understand this? How ignorant CAN YOU BE? Follow your advice get yourself check.

I'm asking them to turn off the GEM and XP loss. They should have this option. No I didn't lose gems in PvP. I'm not that ignorant.

5. Tzamaz

Leaving all personal assessments aside, I can't imagine the code for exp loss and gem breakage is a logical flag that exists in a lookup table as that would require evaluation and fetching every time time the trigger event occurred. So switching off the two conditions you are referring too probably required a refresh of the code, ie maintenance.

And yes, in the grand scheme of things, it would be very nice to have those two conditionals terminate during these types of server conditions. But it would also be nice if I won the 1.6B MM lotto. I am tempted to hold out the same level of expectation for both events, which of course is zero percent. Consequently, the only option remaining is to engage in activities that expose me to the lowest potential loss while the highest potential gain in the current circumstances. I am willing to roll the dice on training books and losing the benefits due to disconnection. No compensation necessary (I know it was not your comment) if my decision turns out to be a net loss.

6. Boink

I think it is best to have an option for them to turn it off at the first DDOS attack (not during the attack that is hard... that be a dream come true). Routing requires time and they can do that every week (weekly maintenance). It is the perfect concept rather than stating the Server was Stabilized and the next day well I died from "PvP" somehow and lost my crystal. It is a simple and yet very effective mechanism for damage prevention. So people will keep on playing without reassessing what you said about potential loss and gains.

7. Pep_Pur

BDO Twitter says its stabilized but I still can not log in? @CM Servantes should I do something special to log on? Delete the 500 file or something?

Black Desert Online
    ‏Verified account @BDO_News
    16m16 minutes ago

Twitter:
    Servers have been stabilized. Further measures have been taken to mitigate future possible attacks of this kind. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any more issues. Apologies for the inconvenience.

#47 Pep_Pur, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  8. Tzamaz

I guess my point is that an option, let's say a global flag set to either 1 (on) or 0 (off) is either instantiated in the code at compile time or is resolved during runtime. To make it changeable at any moment, whether due to a human trigger or an event trigger such as DOS, the value has to be resolved at runtime. So the code to test for the condition and fetch the variable value runs each time a death occurs. The overhead of that feature is pretty high given it actual relevance and applicability in a typical optional uptime period. So from a cost benefit position, the feature is too expensive. I don't disagree that the feature would be a very nice thing.

9. Sieieieie

idk if its my issue or the servers issue, but this has never happened to me. When I switch to my alts, and it takes about a minute before I can do any thing (talk to npc, open my inventory, such things).

10. Sieieieie

have the server been worn down or something? Why is everything every reaction seems slower now? My internet is perfect fine.

11. Demozic

dude for the love of god.. they can't control it all for 1..

for 2 if ppl are posting they are having issues is they them selves posted the servers are getting attacked going out in doing stuff when all this is going on? again their faults

12. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

@CM Servantes I think you mean 'ceased' in this instance. :) I really hope the attacks didn't seize anything. :D

13. BellaKora

BellaKora DarkKnight 61 NA

Cloud flare is mainly for websites. A decent server host would know how to mitigate and at least partially slow down a ddos attack by moving traffic to an unused server. Guess kakao didn't get that plan from them :)

14. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

This is not was being discussed here. Weather its the first time or not I mean. I quoted you before because your analogy was completely innacurate. Now you are changing the topic to something else. What in the living hell is your problem?

15. Boink

Maybe make it as a marketable item No XP loss buff and/or crystal break consumable for x amount of time and give it away when at the first sign of DDOS. I'm sure they love that! Dreighan is coming up anyways I'm sure some players would enjoy grinding new areas without breaking stuff.

16. Boink

What analogy are you talking about here? You said something about connectivity issues and not getting DDOS. Maybe you connected the 2 somehow.

My analogy is having a countermeasure so people would stop losing xp and crystals. So they can continue what they are doing?

Dude I'm not the one making up stuff like losing crystals in PvP. Come on keep telling me that I'm the one having problems here. You can't even keep up.

17. Boink

You do know when they said the server stabilized yesterday. Something tell me it's fine when I logged in. So tell me when is the right time to grind mobs again now that they said the server stabilized today

18. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

This is what you said;

"
    Let me describe your logic for you:

If you know there are hackers in the internet that means I should not use my credit card for online purchases because I can get hacked? If the company i used it on was hacked and got my info "it is my fault".

Keep your nonsense to yourself please. thanks
    ."

This was my response;

"Thats a total fallacy. You can not compare one thing with the other. In one scenerio you have the internet, which it this huge environment where anything can happen at any giving time as well as it might never happen to you. Now you have the game situation where you know for sure that there are connectivity issues happening even as we speak. I mean. This is a certainty that servers are messed up right now and there is no maybe,. this is really happenng now and you still decide to do the stupidity to go PvP. Now you want to blame them for you being as ignorant as ignorant can be? Man, get yourself checked."

You are definitely on some other sh*t

19. Boink

Are you really having a hard time following?

Attacks are random. That's why I posted this.... This was yesterday
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/na-server-issues.319890/

It clearly states that the Server is stabilized. So when I log in TODAY and went to "PvP" according to you I'm stupid because I lost my crystals.
    .What game situation are you referring to? Is it the moment i'm about to tag a mob and then the server just puked on me? Is there an actual timeline from the point where they said the Server is stabilized to the moment I log in and tag a mob that I should be aware that the server is about to get DDOS?

You keep on repeating this that I'm having some kind of mental problems. Try to keep up, I can't hold your hand.

20. spiritfox

I had my 7 hours both skill/exp training before I go to sleep last night, and noticed that I was lagged out and some of hours were lost..
    I had another 1 hour both skill/exp about 30 minutes ago, lagged out again, 30 minutes of skill/exp were lost again.
    Any words?